Wins the club a trophy for the first time in years

>wins the club a trophy for the first time in years
>immediately gets sacked
Where is the loyalty from the big clubs?

Champions league was one of the minimum requirements for the season, which he didn't meet.

Well, that's just unrealistic expectations, he was set up to fail. Premier league is too competitive to guarantee CL football every year. Shows what a good job Wenger has done imo.

>Premier league is too competitive
What a load of bullshit, it's only competitive because the top teams went to shit. It was the worst season in ages quality-wise.

With the amount of money spent, I think at least 4th place is pretty realistic.

>crashes out of CL
>crashes out of EL
>doesn't secure a top4 spot to play in CL next year
>but beating Crystal Palace in overtime should totally be enough to keep him in charge
As a Liverpool fan I'm disappointed because Manure can actually become great again with Mou, but let's be honest, van laal deserved the pink slip.
Moyes, on the other hand, should have been given one more year, and I'm dead serious.

>it's only competitive because the top teams went to shit.
Only Chelsea got that excuse desu

>Premier league is too competitive to guarantee CL football every year

After the success at United over the past 20 years the expectations are very high.

Reminder that Alex Ferguson finished 11th in his first season in charge.

Even Wenger has said that, going forward, they're not going to be able to compete at the top as the gulf between teams is getting smaller.

*consistently compete, sorry

>Only Chelsea got that excuse desu
City had their worst Premier League season since 09/10, United have had their 3 worst Premier League seasons in a row. That's 3 clubs out of the recent Big 4

It's almost as though the competition has got tougher and the gulf in resources has got smaller making it harder to be dominant than when you could get a CL place and use the gulf in money to buy yourself success

This is factually incorrect.

5 years ago, the top clubs made about 2,5-3 times more money than the richest clubs outside of the top 6.

Right now, they're still making 2,5-3 times more money than the richest clubs outside of the top 6.

I really can't see how you can reasonably deny that Chelsea, City and United have massively regressed in recent years.

The only gap that has closed a bit is the lower mid table to the mid table. Which doesn't really explain United and Chelsea going from undisputed top 5 teams in the world to laughing stocks within 5 years.

Wish Arsenal did this when Wenger won it in 2014 desu

It's almost as though you get diminishing returns on money as it increases, which also has a knock-on impact on prestige and your ability to attract top players.

Remember money isn't just used to buy and pay players. It's also for staff and facilities - I mean, fucking Burton Albion are in the Championship, in part because they use England's international calibre training facilities.

>As a Liverpool fan
>Moyes should have been given one more year

The past two seasons ABUs have been saying how Van Laal (XDDD) is a total flop, and that Moyes was better. Now he gets potted, they're predictably rolling out the "b-b-but he wasn't even that bad! So harsh!" line.

Just like when Moyes was sacked. You were all having the time of your lives watching United lose to shite like Stoke, West Brom and Sunderland, and struggling to even make the Europa League places, gloating about how we're in freefall. We sack Moyes, you whine about the sheer injustice of getting rid of someone who took the reigning champions who won the league by over 10 points down to 7th place within a year.

You're just mad that when we underperform we try to do something about it.

You should stop comparing Manchester United to any other club in England. The club is simply bigger and better than anyone else and expects more. The standards are far higher because the club strives for an excellence that is beyond everyone else in the country. It is beyond the comprehension of England's other teams. Any season without a league title or CL title is a bad season for Man Utd.

Manchester United are yet another club hampered by dysfunctional owners and management that will forever be chasing past glories.

This is true. Part of the reason why I hate when people say Arsenal shouldn't get rid of Wenger is because there's always the people who say >"b-but Utd's new manager didn't win the league" like it's even comparable.

kek, delusional man united fans. i remember when people said the same shit about liverpool

The only issue is the fact that everyone in the higher leagues gets paid way too much money so they become lazy and don't want to work tactics or improve. They just want to get home and sit on infinite stacks of money.

No you don't.

not everyone here is a kid, m8

Why are you chatting up kids on the Internet? Probably on some sort of list

But it's actually true for United. They're the most valuable club in England.

>van lel

>you have a flawless philosofee
>plebs don't listen to it

You know what to do now Louis

lotta loyalty for a hired gaal

Make ajax the greatest football club in the world?
Yup

Looks like he is already done :-)