Metallica - Hard Wired

youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I

Thoughts on this?

Personally, I thought it was better than anything they put out in almost two decades. Plus, the drums don't sound anywhere as shit as on St. Anger / Death Magnetic, although the quality is still a bit lacking. Smiled though when I heard the double bass near the end. However, the lyrics are absolutely stupid. In over three decades nobody has told Hetfield to stop writing.

What's so confusing to me about the track's reception is that "fans" never shut up about Metallica and how they should go back to making music like in the 80s. This is probably as close as it gets, but now the same people claiming Metallica are "nostalgia baiting" or "trying too hard".

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPyAii6f-hc
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/81/2a/96/812a9666c5eba7295487be66041c2cb4.jpg
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/61/81/9b/61819b3a8b1ad89bbfb541e7fc15025b.jpg
blabbermouth.net/news/corey-taylor-on-rick-rubin-he-is-overrated-overpaid-and-i-will-never-work-with-him-again/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"fans"

hey guy your retard band of worship isn't that great

Probably, but that's not the point.

The point is people being vocal about a band returning to something they have done decades ago, and now that they do just that, they get shat on regardless.

>"trying too hard"
More like not trying hard enough, it sounds like a high school metal band's first song that they're excessively proud of.

Nobody would give this shit a second glance if the name Metallica wasn't on it

WE'RE SO FUCKED

it was ok
Everything from load till death magnetic begs to be called ok, so this is an improvement

where were you when Metallica ripped off Nomeansno???

youtube.com/watch?v=zPyAii6f-hc

To be fair, people haven't really cared about thrash metal in general for decades. Sure, Slayer, Megadeth and the usual suspects still put out records, but there is no enthusiasm about it like it used to be in the 80s or early 90s.

I thought it was a step in the right the direction, but if they keep taking this long they won't have many steps left.

This. I'm a huge Metallica fan, but I will 100% admit this.

WE'RE SO FUCKED XD

this song annoys me because the riff does sound like the kind of riff that could be at the start of an actually good song, if this was the mid 80s and they were actually capable of writing songs

but instead it just repeats over and over like a 3 minute loop of what should be a 10 second introduction, and then the song's over and it's like "oh, okay"

also obviously hetfield sounds awful and lars' boring drums are distractingly noticeable

I'm afraid that they will release a better album than Megadeth. What do you think?

I think Metallica haven't released anything good for 25 years, that even before that they were a second-rate Slayer at best, and that Ulrich might be the worst drummer in thrash.

That said... this song is pretty good.

Curious that the album will be a double. Because that worked so well with Lulu, apparently.

It's shit

WE'RE SO FUGED X--DD

The last 15 seconds is great.

Well for starters, it's thrash metal.

So that's a good thing.

I think your critique is spot-on.

>music: 8/10
>lyrics: 4/10
>vocals: 3/10

I flat-out didn't care that Metallica had an upcoming album, but after listening to this, I'm like:

>so far it sounds better than the black album, which was the last listenable album they released up to this point

Well, since Megadeth sucks, I don't see how they wouldn't.

So basically you're saying they should just become an instrumental act and give up vocals.

Didn't like Death Magnetic?

SHID OUDDA LUG :DDD

The real question is when Primus will release their next album

I honestly like Death Magnetic. Not the butchered compressed version by the musical tyrant Rick Rubin. But if you can find the restored copy...I like it a lot. It doesn't sound so much like trash that it keeps you from actually listening to and enjoying the music. Death Magnetic is my 4th favorite album by them. Then again I'm only 20 so maybe I'm spoiled.

>In case anyone wondered my album rate goes:
RTL>MoP>>AJ4A>DM>KEA>Black Album≥>>>>>>>>>>everything else is kinda meh>>>>>>>>St. Anger
Lars is already kinda eh but the trash cans made me want to strangle him.

I don't give a shit about the fans, I like Death Magnetic, and this has the same sound, therefore I'm happy.

No, I'm saying you're a fucking faggot.

Zzzzzzz

Is it? I mean I luv their early stuff but I can't say I'm desperately waiting for another one. Green Naugahyde was okay, but Primus are a one trick pony. Or are you just being ironic and making fun of Primus apropos of nothing? I've spent too long here, nothing makes sense anymore. Hold me.

Would st anger be a good album if it had different drums, I could dig a punk/groove-styled Metallica

I think anti pop is better than st anger desu

Shit, all those RHCP albums sound much better too without Rubin's clipping fetish.

mix and production were cool, but the track is pretty bland desu. super cringy lyrics too

You know what fuck you. Metallica gets too much shit and people say "if this wasn't Metallica nobody would care" well I say that if this wasn't, they would get fans based on this music.

Metallica should just break up and make new bands they get treated like they are this god tier band that should in theory be making these 11/10 albums so nothing is ever good enough YET name a band that made great albums until they died.

I also feel like they do good work but it gets unrecognized because tbqh its fucked up.

St. Anger is retardely underrated, with huge songs like Some Kind of Monster, Frantic, The Unnamed Feeling, everyone considers it 1/10 trash but how much metal bands get a three hit song album anymore?

Then they make Death Magnetic which is musically their most technical and refined album.

Yet everyone says they are this trash band that needs to retire, its because they are assholes who need perfection in everything though they are not perfect themselves.

Sorry for fanboying but I want to throw down a defense.

I honestly don't know why artists and bands seek him out. He always has a negative impact on the music. He's a shit producer. That's all there is to it.
And artists go back to him like consecutively. You'd think they'd realize "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.." Metallica was in the room with Rubin at the very beginning of this album (5 years ago before they even started for real. ) But I checked the credits and somebody else is listed as the producer. So maybe they wised up and told Rubin to fuck off.

Jesus Christ, no one in the band except for Lars has aged since 2000.

Any mutants have a link for the non rick ruben version? I always loved the album and really wanna hear it without retarded compression

Here man. He ripped the files from Guitar Hero 3 DLC. (They uncompressed it for the videogame but not the actual fucking album.)

www DOT dropbox DOT com SLASH sh SLASH je0zkxcyiqfxix9/AAB_xNzC24oB2s--NDAWeicQa

And that "sh" is supposed to be between the two slashes

A properly recorded drumkit and some tidying up around the songs (there's no reason any of the songs should be 6 to 8 minutes long) and yeah, St. Anger would've been a good album.

What Metallica desperately needs, though? A new drummer.

What?

>2000

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/81/2a/96/812a9666c5eba7295487be66041c2cb4.jpg

>2015

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/61/81/9b/61819b3a8b1ad89bbfb541e7fc15025b.jpg

blabbermouth.net/news/corey-taylor-on-rick-rubin-he-is-overrated-overpaid-and-i-will-never-work-with-him-again/

Obligatory.

As far as drummers go I really like Mike Bordin. He hasn't done anything like pure thrash but as boundless and varying Faith No More can be depending on the song I think he could do it.

It's pretty simple really imo
>riffs are fun
>guitar tone is nice and crunchy
>drum production isnt awful
>hetfield's vocals are still well delivered

>lyrics are shit
>the drumming is shit, Lars only knows the one riff
>the solo is shit
>bassist? what bassist?
>despite being a short song it still seems to repeat a bit
Despite all that I'd say it's one of the best songs they've done in a while, although All Nightmare Long is probably better.
It's simple and fun, and anyone saying they're baiting nostalgia doesn't know shit as it's still nowhere near the quality or style of the first 3 or 4 albums.

these sum it up pretty well. its a mediocre song, but considering everything else from st anger on was shit, thats a good thing.

no. personally, i like load, even though most fans hate it. it may not be thrash, but i dont only like thrash, and its still good music. the big problem is starting with st anger they started making songs stacato and disjointed. like they heard system of a down and said 'hey, thats a pretty cool sound, lets try to copy it" only they do a piss-poor job of copying it and nothing flows at all. this new song at least mostly does away with that, which is why it sounds halfway decent, but the entire thing from riff to drumming to lyrics is VERY uninspired. just boring and repetitive. im not looking for perfection, but what i do want is music that flows as music should and isnt boring.

>Sup Forums seriously debating the Wal-Mart of metal/hardrock
>in this the year of our Lord 2016

Metallica's a business like Home Depot not art.