7-1

Can one you soccer/football experts please explain to me, in technical terms, what went wrong?
How did Brazil show up so unprepared that day? Was it complacency? Soccer isn't my #1 sport, I have no knowledge of strategy. I just want to understand.
Serious replies only thx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLZUKqpXYzU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZwsODJpb1eQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

well ok

Brazil was missing their most important players (Neymar, their main striker and Silva, captain and in charge of defense). Germany scored the first(and important) goal because after the goal the dynamics of the game changed. The brazilians couldn't deal with the immense pressure of the whole nation (muh emotional national hymn) and germany destroyed them in 6 minutes and 4 more goals. History was made.

Don't forget the fantastic exhibition of Luiz and Marcelo

It had been coming. All the flaws that the Germans exploited in that game had been visible in all of Brazil's previous matches.

The correct answer is Thiago Silva. Even with Neymar nothing would have changed.

This. Also imo germany didn't have the best players of any national team, but the best management with the best tactical analysts who could make the team adapt to the opposing team's playstyle the best. Brazil and portugal matches being the two most visible examples of this, but it really worked in most matches. Also unironically muh team spirit.

Not an expert, but an avid fan. It wasn't so much that Brazil fucked everything up, but NOTHING went wrong for the Germans. They were playing perfectly and even got some good luck. Regardless, they may have lost 4-1 or 5-1, but 7-1 takes a significant amount of luck.

I remember one of Germany's goals being scored after one of their players completely whiffed his shot and it rolled to somebody else behind him, also one of their goals came off a rebound off the keeper's hands and went right to the striker's feet.

> 18 shots
> 8 on target
> 1 goal

> 14 shots
> 10 on target
> 7 goals

Basically they crumbled after the first one. like said.

Also:
>Dante...

horrible nonexistant defense

defense should have sticked with defending instead of running forward to attack Lucio-style (looking at david silva here)

also this

thiago silva probably could have kept the defense a bit more organized

Germany was a machine, but David Luiz is the worst major league defender out there. He is genuinely shit. If you want someone who scores once a season get Balotelli.

It's simple. Brazil thought they were going to win just by showing up. They didn't press the Germans when off the pall, their defence walked around as the Germans passed them off the park, and every person on the team thought they could win the game by themselves and not pass or play as a team. It's why all of their attacks broke down wayy before Fred could get the ball in an interesting position and why Germany were so quick to get to the Brazil goal once they hounded a Brazilian player off the ball. All of this added to the fact that the Brazil talisman, Neymar, who pretty much everything hanged on, was out with an injury. The game should have been much much more than 7-1, and it all came down to the different mentality of the players. You can call it tactics, or say Silva's absence was key, or whatever, but really, the Brazilians just didn't want to put in the work actually required to win.

If it wasn't for enormous refball in favor of Brazil in the groups and against columbia, Brazil would have never been in the position to be humbled so badly anyway. If they (the players and the fans) hadn't been so cocky about the refball they received, I would feel badly for the 7-1. As it is, they had it more than coming to them.

Yeah, Germany's finishing was ridiculously on point that day.
Still had they continued to pushed in the second half, with Brazil completely shot, they could have scored 7 goals without it.

You mean David Luiz? I don't dare calling him a defender.

>If it wasn't for enormous refball in favor of Brazil in the groups and against columbia, Brazil would have never been in the position to be humbled so badly anyway.
This

Chile also got refballed, iirc

Poor Dante, the only one I actually feel bad for.

After we scored the 1-0, Brazil reacted too emotional and wanted to force a quick equalizer but forgot their defensive responsibilities in the process.

We punished them for that.
We punished them hard.

hey freichel

Silva is a great fucking player, such a shame that he was wasted on a shit tier Italian side that's way past its glory and then a literal plastic club that shouldn't even be allowed to buy top players.

Scolari didn't train with that line-up ever, Dante and David Luiz never played together, they used a "surprise weapon" called Bernard the 7-1 midget, ordered the team to attack (especially Marcelo), which combined with David Luiz retardation thinking he's a midfielder resulted in a disaster.
At half-time, down to 5-0, Scolari asked the players to at least try their best and score 4 goals, to honorably lose 5-4. The idiot asked that shit-tier team to score 4 goals against Germany in 45 minutes. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo couldn't do that in 90 minutes.

Are we treated like GODS in Brazil now?

>tfw I will never be punished by big strong Germans

>Scolari asked the players to at least try their best and score 4 goals

wait wat, really?

>Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo couldn't do that in 90 minutes.
actually they could
2002 for example when shitmany was crushed

according to Hernanes, yes.

the final score was 2-0.

>David Luiz retardation thinking he's a midfielder
blame Mourinho

who?

Deutschland were defeated then, plain and simple. But it was far from getting crushed. Also, brazil with fatnaldo were goats.

Well, Mou was trying to meme his way, and Luis actually did well for a while as a DM. You have to blame all of the managers who came after who didn't bench the mentality out of Luiz.

You'd get decapitated just for saying "7 and 1" even if you weren't german or it had nothing to do with sports.

Well, he was still playing at Chelsea at that time, Mourinho was at fault for the 7-1 rekt

You're right. I got my dates all fucked up.

Vastly inferior players.

Reminder Fred was a starter for a host nation who had won more world cups than anyone.

Mourinho benched him for Cahill, derided his football in his departure, and was thousands of miles away. I'll blame the people who could do shit to stop it: Scolari by slapping David Luiz's face and David himself.

Do you think they would have done better if Diego Costa was there?

Douglas Costa?

>major league

No way In hell would It have ended 7-1 with Neymar and Thiago on the pitch, It would have been a close match with brazil advancing with some refball.

Calm down Ahmed

No, Diego Costa. He's Chelsea 's striker and is Brazilian, but he plays for Spain because he's a cunt.

They were never that good and got lucky/refballed hard the tournament. they were on big pressure and the prima donna's could not handle that. They lost their good players and without they were just shit. Fast goal by germany and they just lost their cool

kek I can't believe this maymay is still going strong after 2 years

their defence is utter shit, but because they have brazilian names everyone automatically thinks they are world class and the greatest players in the history of sport when in fact they are actually complete and total shit and so when they get a fucking good thrashing like this from an actual decent team everyone acts surprised while the rest of us who actually watch football are not even remotely surprised

When will Brazil end the 'domestic coach' meme and bring in Pep?

1. Shit squad selection (no Willian, no Miranda, no Filipe Luis; Fred, Hulk and Bernard all in).
2. David Lulz and Marcelo running out of positions like headless chickens for 90 minutes.
3. Corner-marking fuckup before Mullers' goal (Luiz got blocked by Fernandinho).
4. Absolutely lethal German finishing after the 1st goal (literally every shot went in).
5. Great game by Khedira, who played in an advanced role and bullied Brazil with pressing.
6. Lahm and Neuer not allowing anything to happen for Brazil offensively.
7. No Silva or Neymar ofc; though Brazil would've been an underdog with them too.

>Also imo germany didn't have the best players of any national team
Bullshit, Germany had easily the most talented squad at the World Cup

Didn't he offer to coach the team >for free unless he wins the World Cup?

I remember Dani Alves talking about it in an interview

It was all Freds fault.

lol

I remember the crowd booing him.

Should've been 8-1

>Should have been 8-0, honestly.

if they didn't pull the brakes I think they could have gotten double digits desu

I like how everyone is talking abotu the pressure from the audience and the feelings n shiet like that. But I dont think anyone believes it.

Brazil was being pushed since day 1 in the tournament. Barely won Croatia unfairly. They were playing bad football and they had bad forward players. I personally rate Oscar as garbage. Neymar, David Luiz, Silva, Daniel Alves, Bravo were the only good players.

Bad Brazil squad. But they had to push it far in the tournament to sell tickets against the poor Brazilians who needed something to repay for their homeless people getting killed for the tournament to happen.

why is it just Luiz who's getting so much shit for that game

Marcelo and Fernandinho were just as bad

>no posts ending in 71

Lads, the meme magic has gone from this place. Summer is truly here.

What about these numerous

What position did you play

Check my 7-1 lads

71 inbound

The magic is over i guess.

or is it

come on for fucksake

it's tempting us lads

Nice trips

nice trips bro,

check my get

they had "luck" with refs the games before, so even there they weren't good, the 7-1 showed what happens if an overhyped team has to play versus a decent one.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLZUKqpXYzU

this was made before the game.

Who's Bravo?

Why is everyone blaming refball?

Sure, that penalty against Croatia was shit, but both goals from Oscar and Neymar were enough to win. Croatia couldn't even score on their own

I don't remember any against Chile (Hulk had a dubious handball) and Colombia were garbage, too.

Yeah, I really feel bad for him, seems like a great man.

Lorde is a jew go and kill

ok

1. Brazil was bad to beging with. Undeserved seminalists.
2. David Luiz, Marcelo etc playing braindead and made crucial mistakes
3. Germany had luck with perfect shots, decisions, rebounds etc

Argentina showed in the final that even the Germans werent so great if played organised against them.

Reminder that they also lost hopelessly 3-0 to a country that can't even make the Euros.

yes, no team was really great.
but i am glad argentinia did not win, they played a really boring world cup.

71 get

You just ruined the post count

Actually you didn't

fuck 4chanx tricked me yet again

lel, Messi is like, "Uh..oh"

What's worse, losing 7-1 or getting scored on by Blind?

because david luiz looks like a toilet brush

being in a final 3 times and never winning anything is worse, I agree.

So, getting scored on by Blind?

and since that day, it's been all downhill for Brasil

Did you just rhyme?

Your fucking stupid

they were fucking demoralized by the end of the previous round, they knew they didn't have the leader of the defense and their wonderboy on the pitch due to injury, and a complete lack of depth and veteran leadership on the bench "kaka, even Ronaldinho off the bench can be effective for 10 fucking minutes for a quick jolt" the Germans had old man klose as a closer, same with Argentina ..losing dimaria fucking hurt, not having tevez hurt even more

>we

*you're

1 - No psychologist and no privacy. Scolari was good coach not for his strategies, but for how he could control the team's emotional. Scolari couldn't control it because he lacked humbleness and defied anyone who was against his opinions. CBF also let one of Brazil's most famous TV hosts to do an interview with the players one day before their game and doing a lot of exposition. Felipão also invited a lot of journalists to explain his positions (PVC from ESPN Brasil, left the channel, because they were anti-Felipão and him being invited to this meeting angered some of their commentarists, but this is a rumor and wasn't confirmed).
2 - David Luiz instead of better defenders (Brazil have much better defenders than him, for example: Gil, Miranda, Geromel, Marquinhos). Felipão still kept him on the team, even though Mourinho changed his position on Chelsea, he became a more offensive player, because he lacks quality to defend. Take a look and see how many of the goals scored against Brazil happened due to his fault (even after the World Cup), he won't be in Copa America for a reason, he's utterly bad.
3 - Felipão changing his game strategy. Felipão always had teams that were really defensive, and the counter-attack was their best weapon. Due to some criticism, Felipão wanted Brazil to play in an extremely offensive way, using Bernard who is a really bad player as our main weapon. Brazil's defenders couldn't take the pressure and were destroyed.
4 - Lack of real fans. Due to the huge price for the tickets, real fans couldn't go to the games. So Brazil's fans who were in the stadium were more like tourists, because most of them never went to real games and didn't know how to support the squad really well. The only music they singed was: "Eu sou brasileiro, com muito orgulho e muito amor". While brazilian soccer (and most south american) fans are famous for cursing during the whole game and doing a lot of pressure on their adversaries.

David Luiz had the worst game of any high level professional footballer in modern history

Is there a reason they didn't pull the goalie? And if they did, not pull the 2nd one? It seems like once you let 3 in, you're going to be a massive fuck up.

easy to read time
thiago was the head of the body
neymar the heart
a body is nothing without neither no matter how much muscle it thinks it should wield

basically they are tactically undisciplined. they don't respect their basic roles.

modern football demands that defenders also go on attacking positions. but you can't forget you are fist of all a defender who attacks, not a forward.

if you want to understand it look how david luis abandons his position and forgets the player he is supposed to mark.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwsODJpb1eQ

scolari being dumb enough to play a high defensive line against the germans + david luiz and dante + peer pressure = 7-1