What's the album that first got you into seriously listening to music?

What's the album that first got you into seriously listening to music?

>Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVWjThlEzts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

loveless via its advertisement in final fantasy 7

As gay and generic it is, this album got me into a lot of bands.

>generic
wew.

Seconding.

Its really not generic at all, just overplayed as shit.

I personally still hold that album in high regard, nothing shameful about liking it

good choice

Same here

Blue

same

Metallica - s/t
First album I ever owned, still like it

Been listening to this, Arnold Layne, and See Emily Play a lot recently

same for me

Though I really don't find the same feeling I had in this album, or the band itself, it got me into playing instruments, listening to music, and vastly improved my life.

I know you guys are going to call me an edgy faggot but honestly this is the first album I listened too seriously. It got me interested in pop punk which in turn led me to more hardcore stuff like metal. Keep in mind I was 15 years old when I listened to MCR.

Yeah this album also got me into music, though I dislike it now.

this two be honest

This and the Downward Spiral, freshman year of high school

i was a fan of Om and the psychedelic drone they had, but it wasn't until this album that i started appreciating harsh drone like this. gave me a taste for sunn o))) and the like

kek, same

actually probably the mix cd that comes with lords of chaos

you'll come back to it a few years down the road, trust me

Are you either from Germany or Eastern Europe?

>"you must be 18 or older to post here"

I bought every album featured in the Alternative Polka and it grew from there.

Thanks Weird Al
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWjThlEzts

i was 8 or 9 and really got into music after listening to this album over and over.

>"you should read the OP"

Mostly this, but also some Queen

This bad boi. Nirvana in general was just big for me when I was an edgy 14 year old. Still have all their albums, even got the 20 year anniversary of bleach and nevermind.

Also, I got into mcr big time when the black parade came out, but it didn't really lead me anywhere

That qotsa album came out 14 years ago. Most of its og fans are mid-20s or older by now

Before this, I pretty much only listened to video game soundtracks (I cringe when I think about this). It has made my tastes since then.

Way back in the day

still like the album

thanks zach

This.

Did anyone else just pretend to like bands when they were younger because they only knew what was available to them?

Literally this. I was a faggot and thought: "Well, if I'm going to get into music I should start with The Beatles. And if I'm going to listen to The Beatles I should star with their first"

I remember coming home from seventh grade everyday and just listening to this album and every time being amazed, although this isn't my favorite pink floyd album anymore it will always mean sm to me

lmfao this. I was 12 or 13, and after about a year of casually listening to Pandora stations based on AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, I discovered that I loved every track from Appetite For Destruction. For the next year after that I was totally obsessed with GNR, so much so that I cringe every time I think back to that time. I grew out of my 70s/80s arena rock phase when I was about 15, but GNR was definitely where I began listening to full albums.

Meh, no shame.

this album introduced me to classic rock

I'm not really sure, but it might be an Atmosphere album or this.

RHCP were the first band I actually fell in love with and this is the first album of theirs I listened to. Still my jam desu

album is still good

Also Crystal Castles (2008)

You're right. And everyone holds this in high regard.

>generic

Stop trying so hard to fit in, the album is amazing

This album carried me through 10th year

aussiefag here mate

Yeezus, don't even feel bad about it, and I wish I liked it again

Same.

kek i did this too. I miss those days

Same here I was 14 when it comes out, nice way to finish the 20th century I think

This album changed my life

same here and same here

This one.
Can't really enjoy it now since it reminds me too much of the shitkid I was when I first heard it.

second these

trips of truth

This album is still fantastic. My personal favourite is Three Cheers though.

As memey as it is, before this album i only really listened to shitty anime/meme music, i used to frequent Sup Forums and Sup Forums and on a whim i visited Sup Forums and i was curious as to what the weird potato head lady album was, eventually I got super into it and it was my gateway into Sup Forumscore and seriously listening to music.

Mah nigga

Self-titled is my personal favorite, but all of it is great. Have you listened to the Needy When I'm Needy EP yet? Refreshing return to something that actually feels like The Front Bottoms, with a bunch of original versions of songs from Back on Top. Fuck Fueled by Ramen.

Also I miss young happy Brian with short hair ;_;

this

same with me but i wasn't a Sup Forums faggot who listened to animeme music

This.

Seconded

This, as well as , and

This album got me into music, and was also the first album I ever bought. Kid A was the album which broke me out of my dadrock and metal bubble I had myself in, but Demon Days kicked it all off. That or ABBA gold

Gybe - lysflath
First album that i listened without any distractions.

Used to watch a troll make RCT3 videos with of Montreal playing in the background. They've been taken off the internet long since but it got me into music.

This and MGMT - Oracular Spectacular were the big "shifts" for me. Dsotm getting me out of generic radio trash and MGMT making me search for more experimental, modern indie stuff.

Also gotta credit MBDTF for making me enjoy hip hop.

not gonna lie

master of puppets probably