Retard "producer" in my class

im a freshman in high school and theres a junior in my ap gov class who thinks hes a fucking amazing producer and literally wears the most faggot-y clothes you've ever seen in ur l i f e

his production consists of sped up "samples" he takes from fucking top 40 pop songs and it's so rage inducing i want to make better music than him because he's that retarded

so, any help as to how to get into music production? lol

i listen to a fair amount of music, mostly rnb hip hop and jazz, so if anyone can offer tips as to how to sample, finding the right sample, please do thanks duders

Other urls found in this thread:

linx.li/93q8y9sj.mp3
gyazo.com/c90897312599654d75bba1cb0236140a
clyp.it/wam4psht
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm a freshman in high school

i also have a alright understanding of music, i've been playing classical music for almost all of my life lol

Got any of his works?

He's making nightcore. It's a well-established tradition that pre-dates vaporwave.

why are you mad about it?

>lol

so you've played in band, and now you are banned

i'll post it as a mp4

his soundcloud page has a pic of him and i dont want to expose anyone lol

Literally just takes time and a good ear. Listen through some albums; if the production isn't brickwalled and there's plenty of sparse or open moments, it'll probably be easy to sample.

You should also try getting into crate digging. Go to thrift stores and record stores, look through the bargain bin and pick up whatever looks or sounds interesting to you. If it's obscure enough, it'll make it even harder for others to figure out what you sampled. All part of the fun.

I'd say this probably isnt the best place to ask. Try finding a starter guide or something online. I'm sure they exist.

I'm sure there are also free videos that can help new people learn to produce. The internet is a great thing.

Goodluck in your search.

I guess since we're ignoring the obvious underage b&, at the very least
>lol
you can stop this

You'll need sampling and mixing equipment though, which can get pricey. I don't know a ton about it. You'd have to research it.

linx.li/93q8y9sj.mp3

enjoy

or a cracked DAW

hahahahah

A lot of Sup Forums, especially Sup Forums, is underage.

I think decent sampling is done through experience really. If you're talking about using other people's work then I suggest listening to a lot of it and finding segments that have potential to you like drum segments, ambient, soundtracks, etc. Keep it simple, not whole chorus' of a song... or just go to some online library of shit. Also equipment isn't thaat important unless you want to perform live. Hell I just use audacity,

damir u fucking idiot ROFL

>im a freshman in high school

Holy fuck get out

crate digging is for the 1980s
just youtube 2 mp3 some obscure shit
reddit's vintage obscura has some cool shit
turqoisehexagon on youtube

just have fun with it man

>linx.li/93q8y9sj.mp3
doesn't open for some reason

you sure you typed it right?

>linx.li/93q8y9sj.mp3
why not upload it to clyp.it?

also listen to jonwayne - here you go pt. 2

yes lol

gyazo.com/c90897312599654d75bba1cb0236140a

This explains alot. Too much actually.

oh my god just clyp.it

Crate digging's still going to get you stuff you won't find online bud. I've found some random albums I can barely even find information for online that I've sampled. I'm probably never gonna find those albums again.

fair enough. i'm just cheap and don't want to pay 30 bucks for a fucking record

clyp.it/wam4psht

Just fuck off kid, if you're even going to do this stupid shit take it to Sup Forums. At least there you'll be surrounded by people your age

You're not going to. That's why you crate dig. Everything you'll find in those bargain bins are going to be 2 dollars at the most. You'll spend 30 bucks, but you'll get about 30 albums for that price that you can potentially sample. That's a good deal.

dude this isn't that bad actually. it's obviously done by a beginner but i'm sort of impressed

>lol
Do you have Tourette's syndrome?

get friendzoned u fuckin moron. bad @ cs and bad @ music get a fuckin life.

Sounds like shit, but only because the source material is shit.

nobodys here to spoonfeed you newfag