Is it a classic now?

Is it a classic now?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/fucking_kill_me_2007/harsh_noise_exmilitary/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

yes, the most important album of the decade is a classic

People will deny it b/c of the fact that it's only 4 years old but it is and will continue to be

>What's TPAB?

TPAB has nothing on TMS

lol

no love deep web should be instead

it is too tho

I feel like exmilitary plays a pretty big role in helping them start off

but I do have to agree that Money Store is a classic

has Sup Forums been able to agree on the best death grips album yet?

The Money Store

this
lol

Is TMS really more iconic than Ex?

Only retards pick NOTM.
Best imo is exmilitary

i'd say so

Why are deathgripsfags so deluded?
You are just like grimesfags.

Death grips are actually innovative tho?

They all suck

>You are just like grimesfags.
sad but true

No, only retards pick Exmilitary. NOTM is their best.

Grimesfags think the same about Grimes.

Stop spewing this meme.
People only pick NOTM because they think it'll make them cool.

notm is their worst by far. it's a cringefest for autis, boys

Most Grimesfags are just trolls.

>No, only retards pick Exmilitary
You probably started listening after Money Store started getting buzz.

This is the type of criticism NOTM fans Give once confronted by a different opinion.
Their retarded for a reason.

An album by Kendrick Lamar.
>What a silly thing to ask in this thread

NLDW

so we haven't bascially

>tfw Death Grips is the only music trend you've been right on time for

most of them are just deluded retards, just like you

Death classic

Nope.

so basically you confirmed my words

Nopey

modern classic*
i'd label something classic if it survives ten years

@deathgripz is objectively their best work.

was it released 20 years ago?

yes, and it's not even their best album

it's an essential for your passage into nu malehood

It will be a classic when you turn 18.

yes

dg were once nearly unanimously praised on Sup Forums, but since they became so popular and so frequently discussed, the inevitable contrarian backlash has hit especially hard. essentially, Sup Forums hates them now because they're popular. but not because they're popular irl, just because they're a big part of board culture and people are sick of seeing them. it happens with any artist who gets posted here a lot.

i agree that the fanbase is dumb and annoying, but i don't see how anyone could try to deny that their first few albums were a completely original and forward-thinking approach to hiphop/glitch/sample-based music/cyber punk/whatever you want to call it.

they have had an undeniable influence on post-internet music, and on hip hop. i mean even david bowie cited them as an influence on blackstar ffs

This

You can call death grips fans memers all you want but at least their memery is coming from the right place, unlike contrarians

Seeing them tomorrow night
Anyone in OC going?

> i don't see how anyone could try to deny that their first few albums were a completely original and forward-thinking approach to hiphop/glitch/sample-based music/cyber punk/whatever you want to call it
Everyone knows it, this worship just got annoying, so people started denying it. Plus they've almost completely lost their creativity on the last two albums, but at least JD was somewhat original, while BP has only few original sounds. Those fags who praise this album are absolutely insufferable.

if your 14

>i don't see how anyone could try to deny that their first few albums were a completely original and forward-thinking approach to hiphop/glitch/sample-based music/cyber punk/whatever you want to call it
grimesfags think almost the same

The Money Store is as much of a classic as Doolittle is a classic. Yeezus will be remembered more by most as the most influential in Industrial pop rap.

TMS is to Doolittle as Yeezus is to Nevermind

>while BP has only few original sounds
doesn't make it shit, now, does it? It seems to me like it's an album made to have more 'banger' tracks to perform live, because they kinda need those

Reddit.

bait

Actually it's Jenny (Or just the whole of TPTB)

No, I'm sincere. It's just you're too much retarded to accept the truth.

>being this deluded
I like every DG album, even BP, but this guy is right.

>grimesfags think almost the same
yeah but they're wrong.

grimesfags say the same when someone tells them that deathgripsfags think the same

So deathgripsfags are.

ok

pick three dg songs from their first couple albums. now find songs from the same year or before that are even remotely similar to the three that you've chosen.

if you'd like, you can repeat the process with grimes and then tell me which one was easier. (hint: it will be the artist who makes generic electronic pop music)

Ok, I will do it with both when I come home. Keep this thread alive for a couple of hours.

>hint: it will be the artist who makes generic electronic pop music
You clearly don't know what her music sounds like

NOTM is by far the most interesting and exciting thing they've done. In TMS the experimental efforts do not add as much to the music itself. NOTM offers a much more refined, intricate, and powerful experience. It's an album in which (1) much more elements are added that (2) actually complement each other in ways that TMS could never attain, partly due to lack of (1). Unfortunately they had to fuck up later on with songs like Big Dipper and others, but in comparison TMS is quite boring and bland. I'm definitely not a fan of DG, but the first two songs on NOTM are spectacular and easily beats every single song on TMS.

isn't that what we are? would make sense for us to like it

It's interesting. But that doesn't make it good.

NOTM > TMS > NLDW > GOV > JD

But barely anyone knows what dg is

As I said, it's more than just interesting, and much better than TMS. I agree that several songs on NOTM aren't good at all, even bad, (hey, that's DG for you), but the content on it, especially due to the first two songs, exceeds anything TMS has to offer. TMS is pretty bad and I dislike DG.

Maybe I'm biased but is there any other band with nearly as good a streak as Death Grips? 7 solid, extraordinary releases in a row with no end in sight.

here
Beware: Dalek - Distorted Prose, and basically almost every song on Absence
Thru The Walls: Blackie - Nothing Stoppin, and basically almost every song on Sred Luv LP
Lost Boys: Techno Animal - Robosapien, and basically almost every song on The Brotherhood of the Bomb
pretty easy
i'm not really into dream pop, so it's not easy for me to find similarities with Grimes' songs from her first albums, like song to song, but Heartbeats from Halfaxa gave me some strong Cocteau Twins vibe
also I've noticed some similarities between instrumentals of Grimes' pre-Art Angles albums and GP/NLDW, the biggest difference is that Death Grips' the rhytms of DG instrumentals are a bit more far from pop, which is obviously, but I'm to lazy to revisit all this stuff again, the only one I remember is that Hunger Games sounds like glitchier version of first song from Visions

Animal Collective

B-but Death Grips is so u-unique tho! You are wrong.

your songs are quite great and similar actually good job
kinda repetitive though

>cherrypicking songs that aren't even close to sounding technically similar
>le BLACKIE and Dalek meme from 2012

They never were. They're just lucky bastards, who hope that their fanbase will never find out of people who they ripped off.

>>meme

>being this retarded

Someone's gotta send this post to Fandango,

t. Contrarian

i love circular logic

they're popular as fuck and do major festival gigs

this board did the same shit with godspeed and the antlers

people pick notm because it has 5 of the best death grips songs of all time on it

BP is like a good version of TMS

NOTM>NLDW>Ex>GP>BP>TMS>JD

>le DG sounds like Dalek meme

fuck off

the vocalists are absolutely nothing alike

you could argue that DG early work isn't completely original but find me ONE other hip-hop album that sounds anything like NOTM

It's great and all, but it's no "To Pimp A Butterfly" that's forsure lol

TPTB will be remembered as their masterpiece anyhow

BP is like a bad version of JD

NOTM>NLDW>TMS>GP>JD>BP>Ex

>le "le DG sounds like Dalek meme" meme

fuck off

I don't care about the yelling, it's still rapping over industrial beats, and you can't argue that production on Beware sounds pretty similar to production on this Dalek album.

>find me ONE other hip-hop album that sounds anything like NOTM
>pick three dg songs from their first couple albums. now find songs from the same year or before that are even remotely similar to the three that you've chosen
that guy didn't ask me to compare NOTM to anything else, so I didn't, and I can't honestly (maybe the last clipping album at some parts, but it's just released, and doesn't sound overall like NOTM), so fuck off yet again

>I don't care about the yelling

literally one of the most important parts

>it's still rapping over industrial beats

Hey! They're one of my favorite bands but it's not like I think they're the greatest accomplishment of humanity.

is this b8? most important of the decade? it may be your personal favorite but most important? fuck no. what impact has it made on music? death grips makes pretty good music but they aren't groundbreaking. they have been conceptually done before, just not to the quality they did. (similar to alcest doing deafheaven before them).

yep. although godspeed actually is pretty bad, and the antlers are only okay

yeah already was

I see what you're saying but Death Grips mainstreamed the fuck out of their modus operandi even when a few others did it before them. And like you I'm not talking about le Dalek or Blackie meme.

off topic but does anyone have this or have you heard it? the bandcamp for it was taken down

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/fucking_kill_me_2007/harsh_noise_exmilitary/

>implying the most important album of the decade has already been made
>implying we're not in a musical dark age
>implying music will not sharply rise in quality under Trump

A1 from day 1

Death Grips is boring and unoriginal