Post your last 5 RYM ratings and say a few words about each... try to reply to others as well

>2muchachos - teplaja
beautiful short EP.. very BOC-esque. everything you want from ambient.. songs flow very nicely

>Tycho - Dive
it's good. can't say anything bad about it. but it lacks personality

>Boards of Canada - Hi Scores
not their best work but still good. the first two tracks are great but i'm not a big fan of the others (including everything you do is a balloon). not bad though

>Tim Hecker - Radio Amor
Wow. pretty mindblowing.. a big step forward from his first album. love the glitch influence.. azure azure is incredible

>Stars of The Lid - Gravitational Pull vs. the Desire for an Aquatic Life
not as noisy as their previous album and not as engaging.. but very nice. lovely drones

OK Computer - 0.5
Soundtracks for the Blind - 0.5
Endtroducing - 0.5
Led Zeppelin IV - 0.5
The Downward Spiral - 0.5

thanks for shitposting on what could be a decent thread

you are boring af

It's funny how people on mu like drone ambient
I can't dig it myself
I prefer my ambient with a bit of groove you know
Try Tim Hecker's Imaginary Country... I only listened to 1 track of it but I imagine it's even dronier than Radio Amor
Some other drone ambient I kinda like is Eluvium
Lambert Material is a nice album of his

real life sucks

I don't really listen to that much electronic music so I can't really comment on any of that. Stars of the Lid are nice.

drone ambient is great but i can't listen to it all the time, probably around 60-70% of the time i'm listening to lighter stuff, more ambient techno or ambient house (definitely check out teplaja, can't recommend it enough) but sometimes there's nothing that hits the spot like some real heavy layered drones

I'll get to Imaginary Country soon, i've been going through his, Gas (Wolfgang Voigt)'s, Brian Eno's, and SOTL's discographies chronologically
lately. I find that's usually the most rewarding way to get into an artist

I'll check out Eluvium, thanks :)

>Yndi Halda - Enjoy Eternal Bliss
crescendocore run-of-the-mill post-rock, VERY similar to GY!BE in sound, first track was great still

>The Fall of Troy - Doppelganger
I thought I'd hate this, but it's screamo Mars Volta up to 11, which is a good thing IMO

>Tool - Ænima
starts off great, gets kinda samey towards the end. I'm not a big fan of the guitar tone either

>Nisennenmondai - Destination Tokyo
very repetitive, it tries to be Can but it doesn't hold a candle to it. track 2 was pretty danceable tho

>Gato Barbieri - Chapter One: Latin America
expected better from Gato, it's just ok-ish latin jazz

you might dig A Winged Victory for the Sullen's self-titled famalam

forgot about the few words

4songEP

solid songs, not their best output. cover of disorder is great.

The Dark Ages

first two songs are absolutely stellar. some of their best. last song is just good.

Ocean Songs

a bit too monotonous to be rated higher. kind of just has one mood that goes on for an hour. still good. just wish it had more variety.

Cabled Linear Traction

wew. almost just as good as Cycles of Days and Seasons. really great experimentation. was surprised that they used to be like this. would've never guessed when listening to what they were doing just two years later.

Californication

I've always had a soft spot for this band. While it not be my favorite stuff, it still is really solid, even though it has some glaring flaws.

Yee
It's been in my backlog for a while now

>otep - generation doom
first album ever heard from this band, or artist or whatever it is. underrated nu metal. first half is very catchy and goes hard, second half gets kinda cringy and sjwcore, but production makes up for it.

>young thug - jeffrey
not too into trap rap, but this wasnt bad. instrumentals were kinda cool. highlight was the kanye west song

>ajj - the bible 2
very fun album to listen to, suprises around every corner, great imagery, good production. singers voice always kinda irritated me, couple of the songs sounded the same, and might have need to be a few songs longer

>diiv - is the is are
average alt rock album. not bad not good

>angel olsen - my woman
redundant softcore

>Pixies - Um Chagga Lagga
good song but with subpar production, not much else to say
>Janet Jackson - Nasty
Very aggressive and industrial but also very commercial and with a strong groove, a difficult combination that Jam & Lewis pull off with pristine excellence. A masterpiece in every sense of the word.
>Joanna Newsom - Sapokanikan
song is semi-decent but vocals are annoying and the production is awful, not enough dynamics
>The Black Eyed Peas - #WHERESTHELOVE
I was hoping this would be better than it actually was but it's pretty boring and the production is not very good
>Beyoncé - Love On Top
One of her better songs, decent but could have been better. The drums, horns, and vocals sound very brittle.
Californication, good record but loses major points for it's sound quality, this looks about right.

>rating singles
kill yourself

myopic rockists like you deserve to be lined up for the gas chambers

dont throw stones in glass houses filthy poptimist

and im no rockist

over a week ago I added a bunch of releases to RYM that were missing and uploaded cover art for them too.

4 of the cover arts got approved within a couple hours and then there are like 10 that still haven't been approved over a week later.

Why

>Suzanne

Love the lyrics and fun poppy feel to this album. Her voice is a little flat for better or worse on a lot of tracks, but the performances and especially the great guitar licks are really great. Straight Lines is fantastic
>Rain Dogs
Took me a really long time to formulate a rating on this. There are parts I love the hell out of and others that just annoy me, but overall great album.
>High Rising
Just could've used more direction. Started on a pretty weak note, and seldom grew into the explosive climaxes I like Clint for. There were some great movements but it was just kinda good overall
>Jeru

Just not a fan of this guy man. I listen to and enjoy a lot of rappers, but I don't fuck with Jeru. I didn't like Sun Rises either. His flow just gets old quick, he does the "throwing people offguard by not rhyming" thing terribly, and he has some pretty wack beat selection. There's much better from NY
>Filth
Really a great listen, with the moods of nostalgic tracks like Winter Wonderland and the eerie tracks toward the end. Hell, I've never even seen this movie, but I get a pretty good idea of it from the movie poster and soundtrack combined

Ya Um Was just meh. I found it corny honestly
>Newsom's vocals are annoying
Keep listening to her, especially Have One On Me. She will grow on you, and you will be glad she did
I like Thugger and couldn't stand Jeffrey. He wanted so bad to be Lil Yachty
There are definitely good songs among all the bad on Californication. A good number of em
Fall Of Troy only go downhill from there, stick with that. I liked the Yndi Halda album this year a lot
What's up Montie

Skeleton Tree's amazing even though you already know that. Idk if that was your first listen to Occupather, but I'd rec you give it another listen. I thought it was mediocre the first couple times, then loved the hell out of the 3rd and 4th. Gets a lot better when the lyrics grow on you.

>Keep listening to her, especially Have One On Me. She will grow on you, and you will be glad she did
Have One on Me is her only good album from what I've heard thus far. I'm scared to check out The Milk-Eyed Mender knowing how mediocre Divers is and how bad Ys is.

That's just how things work

rating singles is for niggers