Swedish football is introducing a 'green card' which rewards fair play

thelocal.se/20160524/why-swedish-football-is-introducing-a-green-card

>the Stockholm Football Association will introduce a green card in the capital’s biggest youth football tournament this summer. The card won’t be used as punishment, but rather, it will reward youngsters for good behaviour on the pitch in an effort to encourage them to adhere to fair play. Instead of being handed out by the referee, the green card will be awarded at the end of a match by each of the head coaches to a player on the opposition team.

>“It’s not unusual to see senior players shouting, complaining to the referee. That’s the standard the kids see too. We’re choosing to work on what we can affect, hope it becomes a good routine, then take it from there,” he noted.

What has your country done to curb aggressive play?

Other urls found in this thread:

fai.ie/domestic/future-football/green-card
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>giving the kids their green cards

Well, my country certainly hasn't given permission to dirty foreigners to play soccer here.

Explain yourselves, swedkux.

It's always fucking Sweden. What's wrong with them, why do they hate aggressivity so much? It's half the fun of playing competitive sports.

The concept behind your joke was good, just executed really poorly

I think they've been basically a testing ground for CIA and KGB mind techniques tbqh
Dead serious.

It was first introduced in Serie B m8

SWEDEN YES

aaaaand of course it's sweden

Mind you, that was shit too, but it was totally different. Rewarding fair play (meaning actual actions) is totally different from rewarding meek behaviour (meaning don't make trouble).

>People joking about sweden when it was first introduced in Serie B

>it's a sweden yes episode

Shut up fake Turkey

It's a different thing. In serie B, it can be assigned if the referee thinks you've done a remarkably sportsmanlike act after the game (afaik not even one assignation yet kek), in Sweden they want to use it to single out the least troublesome player (as decided by the opposing coach) every game.

Already been used in the Italian Serie B this season, I think a total of one or two green cards were awarded during the entire year
So basically a pointless thing to create a few headlines

YES

So how exactly does this sjw card help your team win the game?

As Sup Forums would say, SWEDEN YES

SUECIA SI

Both teams win because both teams participated, made a lot of effort and respected the rival. There will be no more losers in football.

>sweden yes

if it helps stop diving that would be swell. but thats doubtful

>the next thing to happen is they complain that players of a browner skin tone get less green cards than ethnic swedish players

Italia was first with this

good. I've got too many friends who probably got their career ruined from a bad tackle during sessions a clubs academy.

Didn't some school in England force kids to sign a contract with football rules against celebrating, keeping score and complaining about the ref?

SVEZIA SI

Your version is different. You're not gonna reward rare and exceptionally sportsmanlike acts, you're gonna ask the opposing coach to single out the least troublesome player after each game. Can't you really see the difference? It's a really bad message.

السويد نعم

Ok, but what does the green card actually award them?

citizenship m8

Fuck off niggerlovers

>encouraging players not to chimp out and dive around is a bad message

???

I don't know what to say anymore.

It was Sweden tier.

>t. france

literally one of the biggest assholes in the whole game is swedish

SWEDEN YES

>"Swedish"

Why is always Sweden?

>the next Zlatan will be a pussyfooted dindunuffin

>giving out green cards for good work

I'm pretty sure this was our idea

It's a fucking youth tournament for kids, a lot of countries probably have. Quick google returned that Ireland does something similar.

fai.ie/domestic/future-football/green-card

>its his fault his family had to leave a fucking warzone
hes as bosnian as you and me are Irish/german/english etc

>year 2030
>malmo vs real madrid
>pepe jr slide tackles some swedish fag
>no red because halal refball
>NO RETALIATION because muh green card filosophee

What's the point of it anyway? Does this green card includes a discount coupon for ikea, a free puppy, a 1 year subscription to Le Daily Mail or anything actually tangible?

Agreed

I don't know, maybe it smells like apples or something pleasant.

I actually applaud sweden for this. Too many players thinking their hard and go in for shitty challenges. We need more Maldinis, not Pepes and Ramos.
t. player who's knees were fucked over one too many times by dirty tackles.

you do that by sending off players who chimp out and dive, not by rewarding players for following the rules

>Under controversial new proposals, it has also been suggested that clubs who take an active role in welcoming new migrants will be given a 5 point advantage. Benny Bjornson, owner of Stockholm-Al-Islam FC, said that abolishing his club's women's teams was a "difficult decision, but one that had to be made to help his new neighbours feel more at home"

He was born in kebabland and his family are kebabs, therefore he is a kebab

Why not?

professionals play for glory and/or money, not feelgoodbabbycards

This

Football is a contact sport you pussy fuck.

Good thing it's not a professional tournament this is used in then.