Name me some albums I can pretend to like in order to lord over other people...

Name me some albums I can pretend to like in order to lord over other people. I don't want to actually listen to any of them, mind. Fuck, no. Top 40 is my jam. But I want the illusion of superiority. I want to live like the avant-teens live.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/monocle/natural_anthems__soundscapes__field_recordings__and_audio_verite/
rateyourmusic.com/list/dacapo/top_50_of_the_last_50_years_by_killed_in_cars_blog/
rateyourmusic.com/list/xenakis/academic___not_funny_at_all___i_mean__this_is_the_art___ultimate_manifesto___luis_armstrongs_worst_nightmare/
rateyourmusic.com/list/xenakis/classical_pieces_of_the_xx__century_that_we_all_should_listen_to___/
rateyourmusic.com/list/idol/__f1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get the fuck out pleb shit.

This would have been funnier and more relevant years ago.

>I want to live like the avant-teens live.
then you should find some obscure records by yourself

Butthurt avant teen spotted lmao

Yeah, just like that! I wanna do stuff like that!

I searched Google for "obscure albums" and it recommended me Wish You Were Here.

>I searched Google for "obscure albums"
that's not how it works

Replace Beefheart with Oidupaa Vladimir Oiun, Kazumoto Endo with Karlheinz Stockhausen and The Gerogerigegege with Pierre Boulez' Complete Works Opp 1-31 and that's about right.

Maybe swap out Jackson C Frank with Smithsonian's American Folk Anthology but that's really up to you.

Should I search "patrician albums"?

rateyourmusic.com/list/monocle/natural_anthems__soundscapes__field_recordings__and_audio_verite/
rateyourmusic.com/list/dacapo/top_50_of_the_last_50_years_by_killed_in_cars_blog/
rateyourmusic.com/list/xenakis/academic___not_funny_at_all___i_mean__this_is_the_art___ultimate_manifesto___luis_armstrongs_worst_nightmare/
rateyourmusic.com/list/xenakis/classical_pieces_of_the_xx__century_that_we_all_should_listen_to___/

there ya go senpai
rateyourmusic.com/list/idol/__f1/

Stockhausen and Webern are both pretty important composers.

That doesn't preclude them being avant-teen

can we get to the conclusion that all music is for people who haven't matured mentally past 17 years old already

If Sup Forums is to be believed that's about right.

I guess because it's such a good and versatile insult. Calling someone a pleb has no weight because that's not a quantifiable thing. Saying they share their taste in music with adolescents has way more meat to it.

>preclude

nice word, i bet you have a thesaurus open you fucking pseud

So why are people hellbent on turning Sup Forums into the Billboard forums?

Is this the new Sup Forumscore chart now?

Yo Sorry dat muh motha fuckin literacy offended you. It's aight. ah dig' it can be uh blow ta one's ego ta gots they intelligence called into queshun at every turn. ah can't imagine being so insecure so as ta take da werd "preclude" as an attempt at pretence. But ah didn't intend ta offend you. Wif dat in mind ah've decided ta go through uh transmalator so as ta he`p involve you in dis here thread. Peace an' love otay buh-weet

it doesn't work that way, this is an established canon/stereotype, you have to find some way to set yourself apart from it in order to get rym points
you could go for post-ironic dadrock fanboying

this fucking triggers me the most that people refer to that cycle as Boulez' and not Webern's

I understand that this is most likely satyrical, but what's wrong with wanting to hear new music and opening your ears up to new sounds without doing it for the sole purpose of getting points on an anonymous Chinese cartoon image board? I won't be surprised if I don't get a response, because this could as well be a new pasta.

people only listen to music like this so they can feel superior to those who don't. no exceptions

Even if you don't share your interests with others and don't impose your taste on others?

Gonna need the names of all dis shit

you assume in others what you know about yourself, dude. maybe stop caring so much about what other people think?

You're reading way too much into this post. I sincerely just want to lord over other people with my music taste. I'm not joking, I'm not being satirical and I'm not making some commentary about pretentious music fans. There are a couple of dadrockers in an IRC I frequent and I want to jam some names down their throat.

This is accurate.

>le black gay minimalist face