mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aU_rI2dZcmM
youtube.com/watch?v=SdNsz_M3Yd4
rdmv.tumblr.com/post/129581888136/masf-pedals-wata-fuzz-clone-used-by-wata-from
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have any of you had any experience with the black russian big muff? If so how was it? What where the pros and cons?

>Playing since 5th grade (7 or so years ago)
>Just started to learn how to read music (yes, after 7 years of just my ears and some tabs)
>Love my LP studio (pic related)
>Steve Ray, Joe Bonamassa and D. Gilmour are my current favs.
> All time fav.: J. Page, J. Greenwood, Alex Lifeson and Jack White
> Love electronics too

Stevie*

DSL15C or a ticket+transport to the last Black Sabbath show in my country?

The amp will give you more enjoyment.

Ozzy's pretty embarrassing on stage these days

Are they the same price? Seems steep for a concert.

The amp's a bit more expensive, but the concert is over 2000 miles from home. I will buy the amp later, but I'm risking the store selling it before the year's end.

Go to the Sabbath show. You'll regret it if you don't.

Well if you like Sabbath enough, go for it. They'll always make more amps.

We could talk about building our own pedals. I can't believe how much the pedal industry rinses people.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

The amp
'cuz
This

>pedals

Sabbath show nigger. They're all old as fuck and might die pretty soon so go for it.

Ehh, they're cheap and entertaining. Doesn't stop me dropping a grand on an amp.

I saw them a few months back, Yeah Ozzys weird and embarrassing but it almost endearing now

Tony and Geezer can still play amazingly though, even with Toni's illness he never missed a beat
It's defiantly a show worth going to see

7 years
LTD EC-1000 VB
Jona Weinhofen
None : just playing for myself

or just guitar related writing
I have no clue what the guys at /comp/ are talking about and i'm too scared to post there

Is a Pod X3 Live for $200 a good deal? Someone on my craigslist is selling one, includes 2 power adapters for some reason. Looks like it is in decent enough condition.

>yfw /comp/ is even more of a clusterfuck than /gg/

>learn improvisation
>learn
>improvisation
>guys who say they learned how to improvise well through theory/method literally always sound the same and not really unique

>D'addario 11-49 vs Heavy core 11-50 both on E standard but somehow the heavy core feels more loose.
the actual formula that ties a string's frequency to its proprieties uses linear mass, not "gauge", and the higher the linear mass, the more tension you need for the string to reach your desired pitch. It could very well be that the "heavy core" has a smaller linear mass than regular D'addario
Or it's just that the strings between the 50/49 and 11 aren't the same and I'm overthinking it.

Reminder that if you don't use DR strings you're wrong.

Why do guitarists fall for marketing so often?

I'll never not use d'addario prosteels
they're cheap and incredibly bright

Listening/Playing is also learning user. The theory aspect just makes it easier to understand what you're doing.

I don't think they're worse than most people buying other stuff, but it's still embarrassing.

I'm learning music theory on a guitar instead of a piano

How fucked am i?

XD

>tfw it finally clicks and i figure out how to use the entire fretboard instead of just the regular open chords

Not particularly, although piano is the obvious choice for backing theory.

What resources are you using?

Got a question of opinion - gonna sell a parts bass I built and am not sure how much to ask for it.

Noteworthy details:
- SD Quarter Pound Jazz PUs
- Gotoh 201 Bridge
- Vintage Relic wiring kit
- Fully shielded cavities; can solo a coil with barely any hum

Now the fucked thing is the neck. I was an idiot and bought it off ebay and spent way too much - the truss rod is fucked and I had to have a luthier do surgery to make it playable. Even so, the action is basically locked on that end and anything above the 12th fret is gonna buzz.

I'm think around $500 USD?

>500$ for a neck you can only play half of it

I'd say ask 500 expect 450 or thereabouts. That setup thing sucks, though. Gotta stick to Mighty Mite for cheap stuff, they never disappoint

Music theory for dummies mainly

Frustrating that the visual examples are only for piano in the later chapters

I mean you can ask $500 if you want. I'd expect somewhere around $400.
Personally I wouldn't pay more than $350 but I'm also a cheap bastard.

There's a theory link in the OP, you could try that. It's instrument-agnostic.

Anyone have any experience with the darkglass pedals? thinking about dropping the sans-amp deluxe and going with this thing for the wild gain tone

cost of parts really, maybe less if they've been altered permanently. I don't really understand why anyone would buy that off you when for 500 they could get an actual p-bass

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't unload it on anyone I actually care about. I'm just trying to get the piece of shit off my hands without eating a lot of the cost.

Nope, but all my favourite bass tones come from the B7K. I really want the B7K Ultra but im poor

I got my b3k a couple weeks ago and I love the thing. It's got the mean growl I was looking for for quite a while. I opted out of the b7k because it was much pricier and I wasn't very interested in the preamp part, just the gain section for overdrive.

What neck/body, user?

Neither are remarkable. Body came from craigslist, the neck came off ebay with a fender decal but upon arrival. I'm pretty damn sure it was some cheap knock-off that someone just slapped a decal onto, though. No serial #s or other markings on it.

>Actually having the nerve to even think about selling this piece of trash for $500

Well it's pretty cool looking, but the neck thing makes it pretty much a hard sell, anyone who gives you over 400 bucks for that is gonna have a real headache if they want to fix that shit.

How much did you spend on it, total?

for live shows i really love that i can bring my entire tone in with my pedal and send that to the PA no problem if need be, so whatever shitty backline is there is just my monitor. so expensive though

Lol like I said, I know it's trash. Just trying to dump it. Totally willing and expecting to go lower, just starting high ball.
Around $500 I suppose, not counting luthier work

eat the cost because you did a dumb thing

any idea what the difference is with the ultra?

Honestly dude getting those 500 bucks back ain't happening with all the issues and the fact that the body/neck are generic. For 500 bucks you can get a good used Squier or a regular Mexican Fender.

Why couldn't the luthier fix it completely? I had a guy change a whole truss rod on one of my guitars and shit worked as good as new.

Understood. 500 is still about the most you could ask unless you got a dummy who doesn't know what to look for and pulled the wool over their eyes with buzzwords lol

Definitely try for 500, then. Maybe ask 550 to compromise around 5 bills

>luthier said my bass should be ready on saturday
>I sent a mail on monday asking if it's ready
>no reply yet
I-I'm slightly nervous, should I have just come over on saturday? Did something go wrong? Is he just busy?

>parts bass
>mods out the ass
>the action is basically locked on that end and anything above the 12th fret is gonna buzz
>500 dollaridoos
>mfw

it would take a miracle to get more than 150 bucks for that abomination.

Probably would have gone on Saturday. I'm sure it's done and they're just busy, as luthiers tend to be. Also: Call don't email, you'll get an answer more often.

What bass and what didja get done to it?

Might be better just to part it out, at least the tuners bridge and pickups. Or take those, eat the cost of the shit cheapwad Chinkstink neck and make a playable bass with Mighty Mite, Warmoth, or used Fender parts

My sandberg classic special 5-string, 2 switches for the humbuckers (seriell/parallel/single coil).

>Might be better just to part it out
I've thought about that and it would probably be the most ethical way to get some money back. But goddamn is it more of a pain in the ass.

>But goddamn is it more of a pain in the ass.

Well making money more often than not is a pain in the ass.

Nice trips.

Ok anons I'm trying to compose a song, each one of you tell me a different chord and I'll do something with them

Use Asian chords only (aka only black keys on the piano).

I just set my acoustic down to get something from the kitchen and when I came back the last note I played (open b string) was still sustaining.

dat sum good tonewood ye got there naga

What? Asian modes use only accidentals?

E7#9

That sounds like a lovely bass, user. Will you be able to squeeze some Jazz Bass like tones out of it with the coil split? How do you like the build quality? Been thinking about a Sandberg myself

Anyway yeah I'd call your luthier when you can, seems like the best option.

Eh. I'd try to offload it on some goober first, but if that doesn't work just save the good stuff and burn the rest in a ritual sacrifice

Dsus4 add9

E flat 7 sus2.

Aaand F aug.

So:
E7#9
D sus4a dd9
Eb 7 sus2
F aug

Go.

My favourite thing about this is that all the bass notes are a semitone apart.
Good luck making it sound good, bro.

There's a part in an Allan Holdsworth lick where he moves chromatically the bass note while the highest note stays the same, and it sounds good in that context.
I think it's in looking glass

I've been playing guitar for a while, and just started playing Bossa Nova. What are some good starting tunes? Preferably fun to play.

Cool, let's see what happens.

So are you going to post a clyp.it?

What kind of guitar? Mine does that too, especially with some fresh strings

Desafinado, insensatez

Thanks!

how do I play this

My bass fags you guys have experience with Pressure wound strings? Never tried flats, want smoother strings but still have that bite from rounds.

Btw dont type in pressure wound in google images.

It's a decent Washburn dread, all solid wood. The strings are getting kind old though, so I was surprised.

There's an American standard strat on reverb for $450 on reverb if someone wants to snag it

Has anyone made a clone of the Watafuzz yet?

Sounds so sick

youtube.com/watch?v=aU_rI2dZcmM

Nope, I wish.

I asked gearspammer about it, he says it's pretty much a foxx tone fuzz machine clone and recommended me a (cheaper) one, but I can't recall which one it is.

holy shit user holy shit

damn that sucks, I've never heard a Foxx Tone make those glitchy noise sounds in the beginning though. There's gotta be something extra added to it. (unless that's not the watafuzz at all haha)

Are you this guy: I know how I'd play it, but I play in a weird tuning.

That was quick, did someone here buy it?

I remember hearing she sells her pedals on tour sometimes. People buying volume pedals for like $400 cause they were on certain albums/tours.

You talking about those explosion types noises? Its probably this
youtube.com/watch?v=SdNsz_M3Yd4

There's definitely something added, but I wouldn't know. I hope Gearspammer is summoned by our posts and gives us any updated he might have.

Dont forget that Space Echo is literally on the whole time when they play.

What? Really? Goddamn I wish I'd knew, I would love having a Wata-owned Big Muff or something...

But she's had the same pedalboard for quite a few tours now so I wonder.

I saw those Eau Claire Thunders they were selling this year, fucking 275 bucks man... Although that's more of a Takeshi thing.

it's been one of my go to pedals for 6 years. it's a fantastic version of the big muff. less scratchy then the American but very full and wooly. its really good with a boost in Front of it. can also be turned down for vintage dark sounds

I think she has a separate patch/split for just the Echo though, I'd imagine playing A# tuned power chords through the Echo would get way too messy way too fast.

Come on, you derp. Deliver.

>tfw no qt russian muff munching gf

why even live

Think about it dude she has so many pedals to the point where she sells them she probably uses 3-4 pedals out of the 9 on her board shes rusing us. And hose Eau Clairs totally pair with Takeshi's bass that thing sounds ridiculous (same for its price).

True it would be too much. Maybe we should ask this guy
rdmv.tumblr.com/post/129581888136/masf-pedals-wata-fuzz-clone-used-by-wata-from

I think the DR strings I use are compression wound. They do feel smoother but they're also nickel plated so I could be wrong.Obviously, they sound more like roundwound strings rather than flats. You also might want to check half rounds which kinda look like the groundwound strings on your pic. In fact I'm pretty sure these two terms designate the same kind of string.

I guess she uses all of them since most of the ones she has right now have been on her board since Boris began.

>Watafuzz clone

Hot-diggity-shit!

I don't use tumblr user how do we get in contact with him.

I think were going to make this dude money he definitely has experience with pedals. I guess we gotta make an account to contact him.

Ah fuck, he's a briton huh?

Man we should just ask him for a schematic...