Is he the only MVP winning draft bust in sports history?

Is he the only MVP winning draft bust in sports history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMuZqnNTXD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is he a bust? He is actually a fantastic player that is plague by injuries.

>plays with absolutely no heart
>only there to collect a paycheck
>fantastic player

Boy someone sure watches a lot of E!SPN

Just because the dude is a crook doesn't mean he isn't talented. I'm not saying he deserves all the praise he gets but he is by no means a bust. They've been far worse 1st picks in other sports

>draft bust

He was one of the best guards in the league and the youngest MVP ever before he got destroyed by injuries. A draft bust is a guy who was never good in the pros.

Rose was a flash in the pan.

His mvp season was meh considered to the season other players had.

he used to be better than the current westbrook remember

Still doesn't make him a draft bust.

Fantastic player, ruined by injuries. No, he isn't a bust.

>They've been far worse 1st picks in other sports

the difference being they didn't win MVPs.

is he the only MVP bust? yes

He's the only mvp to not get a ring

>who is Steve Nash
Sup minor-kun. Ready to get served by sempai?

>He's the only mvp to not get a ring

Steve Nash dipshit
Kevin Durant

Nash, Durant, Barkley, Malone and Iverson. You can make a starting five out of all the players you missed dipshit

yes and im from chicago.

just got off work on 76th and Kedzie

I'm high as fuck I meant to say he's the first MVP that won't be HOF cause you konw theres 0 chance

DUDE

kek, not even close.

This team could possibly beat the starting 5 of mvp winners with rings in a 7 game series

There is no way they could beat
Magic / MJ / Bird / Duncan / Kareem

Curry / Kobe / Lebron / Duncan / Shaq would beat all

>first ever nba MVP that won't be in the hall of fame

How you want your career senpai

He's on that Carmelo-tier of players that would be excellent playing second fiddle to a superstar, unfortunately they think they can carry a team on their own.

>He should just retire and let the billion dollar franchise keep their money

Literal cuck mentality.

nice meme

or you can be dwayne wade and be good enough to do both at different stages of your career

probably the best player to never win an mvp and he could've won it so many years carrying shitty squads into a postseason and even winning a ring with a bunch of has beens on his back

Le shooting guard but can't actually shoot man

This team would score a ton be god awful defensively.

That's a really goat team especially if it is Frobr as frobr was an amazing defender.

He's worse than a bust. With busts you just get more high picks and you can get rid of them when their contract is up. Rose was good enough to get the Bulls to commit an entire decade to him while diluting their talent with low draft picks.

They would all yell at that chucker called a point guard for jacking up stupid shit

>le Rose was a bad MVP

I hate this meme. He was the Bulls offense that entire year. He led the team to an NBA best 62 wins. Who else deserves it? LeBron who had a dropoff from the year before?

Magic>>>Curry
MJ>>>>>>Kobr
Bird>>>>>Lebron
Duncan=Duncan
Kareem>>>>Shaw

That was the "lets not give it up Lebron because the decision" year

Lelbron proceeded to guard Rose in the ECF and end his career

now that's what i call edgy

DELETE THIS

Barkley and malone were GOAT defenders at their time though, you traglodite

This nigga rose SOOOO BAD. I keep winning betting against his ass. KEEP defending him pls. I need good odds. People like to compare him Kobe, He was mvp before injuries. ROFL my fucking ass. Kobe actually has 5 rings. Everytime the bulls comes oN ESPN nationally I puke at rose shooting 30 times when BUTLER is the real nigga on the team.

It's true. You can't tell me anyone on team 2 is better than 1. Team 1 literally has the GOATs at all 5 positions.

I actually remember him back in the day. Guy was a straight killer on offense. and solid on on ball D.

Lebron would destory Bird

>individual matchups are everything

Nah, nigga.

Bust? Nah. He was an elite player before injuries wrecked him. Even if he never becomes good again, he still provided infinitely more career value than true busts like Kwame Brown or Anthony Bennett.

>rose
>back in the day

jesus christ how young are you

>Kwame Brown or Anthony Bennett

Kwame Brown is a bust but Anthony Bennett is miles away. I believe he is not playing anymore or is he on D-league?

Stop. He only had 1.5 good seasons. Kwame had an average respectable career.

Malone would have to guard centers in that lineup which isn't something I'd want to see, and I think you underestimate just how bad Nash was at defending, that level of suck makes everyone look bad.

Bennett was cut by the Raptors before the playoffs. We'll see beginning of next season if he is truly washed out of the league.

Bird is a better shooter, rebounder, off-ball player, better team player, more clutch, etc.

Only thing lebron has is he's more athletic.

You have to literally be clueless about Bird to say that Lebron is better than him.

You could have the guards chase off the 3 point like and funnel to the shotblockers in a zone defense, but everyone on team 1 can shoot from the elbow, and shaq doesn't have a lot of lateral quickness and would probably wear down quickly.

link me a video of rose in his prime
i have never understood all the hyping of this guy

he was a prototypical great point guard that could shoot

Great handles
Great passing ability
Assist machine
Decent amount of steals/defensive ability
Quick but precise
Above average shooter

I don't think he would ever be the centrepiece of a championship team but a tandem with another good to great player would probably have worked

Now it's all shit because his knees are in his head and he lost a lot of both quickness and confidence

Rose is fucking wack chucker. He got viral on his pretty boy look cuss hes half chinese half black.

>pretty boy look
>rose

What

rose was so based man he honestly was just like westbrook sucks he got hurt and was never the same

Rose at least has an excuse, his knees exploded. IMO, Nash was the worst MVP ever. The guy was a complete fraud.

You're dumb as fuck.

he is pretty cute desu

Derrick Rose in his prime was an absolutely unbelievable talent, he was every bit as explosive, quick and athletic as Westbrook is now

youtube.com/watch?v=nMuZqnNTXD0

are you talking about Rose or Oden

26 points
9 assist
And the Bulls finished with the best record. His numbers were pretty damn good that uear.

He's gonna be the first MVP to not go to the Hall of Fame thats for sure

Bird would literally destroy LeBron with his trash talk alone. Bird would be telling LeBron where and when he's going to be taking which shot and then drill it right between his eyes. LeBron would be broken, especially once he sees his heroes MJ and Magic laughing on him for getting torched by a white boy.

>I hate this meme

It's not a meme, they got eaten alive by LeBron in the ECF that year, when everyone thought the Bulls were going to thrash them because they won Game 1. Rose was literally never the same after that. Worst MVP, virtually all his "highlight" plays were travels or carries. Good thing he attacked the basket relentlessly, saving your knees is for chumps right?

>he was the Bulls offense that entire year
>implying thats a good thing

they were fucking loaded, maybe if he decided to pass more instead of just attacking the rim he'd still be playing meaningful basketball

>all that traveling

kek

He was Sup Forums's hero back in the day because they related to his "autism" but now that Sup Forums is all pro family values Trump 2016 they support Curry

2011 Sup Forums take me back

>Bulls were loaded that year
>Boozer
>Asik
>Bogans

You are retarded. That team was far from stacked.

YOU WOULDN'T ASK A ROSE DAT GREW OUTTA DA CONCRETE WHY IT GOTTED DAMAGED PETALS

DERRICK A GUD BOY

This is a bust yuh fuckin pylon

>Deng
>Boozer with 17 and 9
>Korver

They were a very strong team, key components just couldn't stay healthy. Breaks of the game. They were doomed from jump street and didn't even know it

Lebron should've gotten it, but Lebron wasn't going to get it, even if he avg. 30/10/6 because that was the first year after "The Decision". Honestly, Lebron should've gotten his six MVP's, I think Durant's was another one, that they gifted to someone just becase they didn't feel like giving another one to LeBron.

he'll get in

the nba hall of fame is kind of a joke

they let everyone in

He'll coming back

do guardian angels still take the red line on weekends?

and he played a lot of the season with other key players out with injuries

people seem to forget that big point. he was THE MOST VALUABLE player in the league because on top of his stats, was able to carry his team to the most wins when the key players missed a chunk of the season

Draymond Green prolly gettin in the NBA hall of fame 2bh smdh family

Rose was the most exciting player to watch in the NBA until he got injured.

It's a shame he did because we were really strong ship contenders - even with the big 3.

I feel so fucking bad for the guy...for people who say he has no heart, imagine what he's been through in his short career.

The Bulls team were carried by the great defense. Any half decent offensive ball dominant guard would have led the Bulls to the first seed.

>no defense: the team

Everyone and their mother gets into the NBA HOF. Rose is a lock a this point. Go back to being underage.

He has always played with heart. To this day he drives to the basket like he's running from the cops. I cringe every time it happens.

>hurrr i was high

I dont usually confuse "championship" with "hall of fame" when im high. Tell me more about your cool weed habit you fucking lying autistic faggot.

This video makes me so sad. Even though he got rich you know he just wanted to play and win back then :0(

>Deng
>Korver
Both are Sup Forums memes, anyone who isnt autistic knows they isnt that great and certainly doesnt make you "stacked."

>Boozer
Hahahahahahhaahahaha

>implying everyone doesn't get in the Baseketball HoF
Getting in the Basketball HoF is worthless.

>Duncan=Duncan
Laughed way too hard.

Nash has better shooting % (FG, FT) over his entire career than Curry and he was a much better passer. He made a previously crappy PHX team into one of the best in the league.