Are DJs the absolute lowest form of musicianship out there?

Are DJs the absolute lowest form of musicianship out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWV6D7WCvBo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no, rappers are

They're not musicians, they're DJs you stupid prick.

nice trips & bait

Good ones arent

No, that would be triangle players.

Good, they're even lower than
>good ones
lol

/thread

It's harder to make a good long running mix than making generic indie song with an acoustic guitar

I've done both

If you're just a rapper yes
If you're a rapper and produce your own stuff, then you're fine

>It's harder to make a good indie song with an acoustic guitar than making a generic long running mix

No, that would be Punk bassists.

>>good ones
>lol
lol

They are the second lowest with the lowest being some acoustic/non-acoustic indie/country/folk maybe shoegaze drone shit.

But they are also the highest, at times having to work far more sounds/aspects of sound than the second highest form (jazz bandleader who's also playing.)

Name one thing DJs ever contributed to music

You literally fucking can't

What's the highest form?

dance music

>some acoustic/non-acoustic indie/country/folk maybe shoegaze
hmm nah, they all involve at least small degree of musicianship but
>drone shit
yes, definitely
down there with noisemakers

continuous dance mixes obviously

>dance music
wow i hate them more now

good

And you're a cock for thinking EDM djs are actual proper djs.

DJing in terms of live manipulation of many sounds and their aspects. It's like doing all that crazy studio magic signal processing guys like Beatles, Floyd, Radiohead, Converge, etc. are known for tolling A LOT of time on, but done in a live setting with zero margin of error allowed.

The absolute worst of acoustic fags play the same two chords. Though you got a point for people who go all Delta Blues or John Fahey or Nick Drake on that shit.

>actual proper djs.
theres no different good DJs and bad DJs

it all comes down to pressing play

DJing isn't musicianship.

You keep thinking that, and stay well away you wanker.

t. doesn't have a clue about what djing entails
probably falling for massive b8 right now but w/e

No, you just fell for the "dance music is good" meme like every other good normie

It's sad to see really. You probably go to /bleep/ too dont you?

>implying DJs only do dancey music
>being this retarded

>dance music is all bad
youtube.com/watch?v=UWV6D7WCvBo

theres no different good guitarists and bad guitarists

it all comes down to plucking strings

>he follows and understands DJing and DJ culture

This.....is heartbreaking

Ooooh, you're a rockfag, no wonder you're so pig ignorant.

nah I don't claim it to be some pinnacle of musical innovation, it's fucking dance music, it's purpose is stated pretty obviously in the name for you
but that is completely irrelevant to what we were actually discussing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you need to be euthanised

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you may like something that I'll think is utter garbage.

Besides being dj requires a huge learning curve, it's not something where you press play and just act like a retard.

If you see anyone do that then they're probably just memesters.

fpbp

>i'm 16 years old and I'm a virgin and I unironically listen to death grips and why do all women hate me I hate women :(

I guess drummers aren't musicians either?

>comparing rappers to drummers
nice bait

lmao

Looks like I'm right again

No, not at all, you're just a clueless indie prat who got schoold.

cum for us, really stroke that cock hard, grip it tight, shoot that wad like a good little boy, get all that nasty cum out of you, you'll not be so butthurt then

Enjoy your adolescence.

good and musical use of pluderphonics