Which is harder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sP8ZVWiZUMA
youtube.com/watch?v=hkjQUqO6g-M
youtu.be/plvKlnguJVE
youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hvuks-hQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Soccer
Hockey goalies have a shitload of padding, and 95% of the net covered just by standing if front of it.

Hockey
Hockey
Soccer

Hockey

t. I never watched hockey in my life man

In hockey you could literally be so fat that you filled the goal

hockey goalies are padbabbies. They couldn't stop shit if they weren't the size of the fucking goal in pads.

Solid hockey puck is harder than inflated bladder.

This is basic science m8. I am sorry 4 u

And hockey goalies have 20lbs. of padding to protect them.
Have you ever tried blocking an "inflated bladder" (for official matches, those things are inflated to the point that they feel like goddamn rocks btw) which is speeding at your face at 40mph?

>40 mph

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ya and you have those gloves
The average slapshot is between 90 and 100 mph

The average soccer kick is half that

Please show your working in metric

>average soccer kick is half that
>soccer goal 4 times wider and twice as tall

is this even a question which is harder?

Football to all. The ONLY thing you need to be a good ice hockey goalie is fast reflexes to deflect the puck or catch it. Otherwise you move only a few centimetres. In Football you need athletics and flexibility to reach the corners quickly, aerial control, ball handling, catching skills, one-on-one skills...

Idk why the fuck people are arguing about the hardness of the puck/ball, but thats irrelevant as shit. As a fucking Canadian i am telling you its harder to be a goalie in soccer. The sheer size of the net makes it so that on penalty kicks you virtually have to make an educated guess on which way the player will shoot and fling yourself in that direction. The net in hockey is too small so as long as your goalie is really athletic and has good reflexes you will be fine (prime Tim Thomas)
ive played goalie in both sports btw

if they didnt wear pads their entire bodies would be covered in bruises all the time.

Or you'd be dead

Hackey is for pussies these days

Padding is fine. Huge ass fucking padding doing all of the shot blocking work is not fine.

lol it doesn't do all of the work. if you went in there with all the padding against pro players they would score 100 goals on your sorry ass.

The players have doubled in size since than and the level of skill and athleticism quadrupled

meme that's been debunked many times

youtube.com/watch?v=sP8ZVWiZUMA

Soccer
Soccer
Hockey

Hockey Pokey

Hockey definitely requires quicker reflexes on average but in football you have to read the game a lot better. In hockey you are basically sitting in the goal and twitch reacting to shots, in football you generally don't want to be standing on the goal line, you need to be aggressive and come out to snatch the ball away from attackers in the box, make diving saves and jumping up over players to collect the ball from set pieces etc.

hockey goalies leave the crease to cut off breakaways all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=hkjQUqO6g-M

Hockey and it's not even close

Hockey goalies see like 30 shots a game
Soccer goalies see less than 10

>sumo wrestler

Hockey goaltender here. Played AAA and Jr. B in Canada and America.

The more skilled one will always be the football net-minder. You are required to read the play and execute a proper defense with so much more surface area to cover. You also don't have the luxury of a defensive player consistently blocking shots.

The best goaltenders in hockey are the 6'6 ones who can play a sound angle game. At 6'0 I was considered a manlet at my position. Goaltenders ares often beat on transitions as you have the most exposed net surface whilst moving from post to post. If you can eliminate this and have a massive frame you are a top quality net-minder.

I've watched a few hockey matches and saying "all the game" really isn't a fair statement, it's uncommon if anything.

And a football goalkeeper has to defend a goal that's many, many times larger than they are. Sort of equals it out doesn't it?

all the time*

>And a football goalkeeper has to defend a goal that's many, many times larger than they are. Sort of equals it out doesn't it?
Unequal comparison, soccer goalkeepers require more agility while hockey goaltenders require more dexterity.

Soccer goalie would be easy as fuck. Only hard thing is the huge half field kicks they do

If it's so easy why don't you become one and earn millions and millions of dollars a year??

What about drawing a line on the ice , and if you shoot the puck beyond it and score, it's a 3 pts goal?

hockey is tougher. I can go on a field and start jogging on it and kick a ball at the same time. I would'nt be good at it, but it takes me a long time to get comfortable on ice.

Not really only about 70% is covered it's still fast and a shitton of gear doesn't help you need to be able to do the splits for a long period of time and skate

But the amount of shots on goal in a soccer game is low as fuck compared to a hockey game even you should know that

Has this ever happened in soccer?

Forgot link
youtu.be/plvKlnguJVE

>le bigger goal means le harder to guard
Have you ever heard of the phrase?
"It's hard to stop what you can't see"

Because the NHL pays their goalies better

Yes.

>le bigger goal means le harder to guard

Well it obviously does because there's a certain point where it become's physically impossible to save a shot if you're in the wrong position as the goal is too big to cover.

youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hvuks-hQ
this

I can do the second one

The same principle applies when a smaller object is shot fast enough from close enough distances