Which requires more skill ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hvuks-hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Dos7J6OQ07Y
youtube.com/watch?v=QI5ICZZVctQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean long pass x long throw or whatever it's called not the whole sport

you should have compared the soccer player to a punter. punting is a difficult, thankless job even when you do it right.

Personally i think neither of the two positions in the pictures are the hardest to play in their respective sports. In football the cornerback rarely gets any media spotlight, and one tiny mistake can result in a touchdown. A similar thought could be made for the goalkeeper in soccer, who has to be incredibly astute AND athletic

youtube.com/watch?v=8n1hvuks-hQ

This

Football (REAL football)

youtube.com/watch?v=Dos7J6OQ07Y

American football is weird sport because wvery position does something else. You cant compare the sport as a whole. What a lineman does is 100% different than what a qb or safety does

For long pass/throw, footy needs more skill, american football needs more strength tho.

This.

NFL quarterback, there is a reason teams trade everything in order to try and land one. There are only a few elite ones in the NFL, its the hardest because it requires timing, strength, technique and brains to play

Hockey goalie. Not even close

flop shots are easy. 30 yard bunker shot is hardest shot in golf

Is it harder to control something with your foot or your hand?

>sit there
>cover 95% of the goal
sounds tough

This.

NHL needs to cut down bad sizes to that of the 80s

>american football
>brains

while your eyes dart back and forth watching a palm sized object that can come at you at 100 mph at any given moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=QI5ICZZVctQ
he even makes you feel inspired

shit video you gay cunt

I can do the second trick

is that you btw?

>smoking
Dropped

A quarterback is one of the most difficult positions in all of sports.

doesn't he just throw the ball to the guy that is running?

doesn't he just kick the ball into the net?

Well yeah. But he's also got to read defenses while 300 pound gigga niggas try to kill him.

In American football, the CB can be lousy and get away with it if his team has pass rush that destroys QBs or if the opposing team's QB is garbage.

QB is perhaps the most difficult position to play because it requires knowing all the plays and where all of the players are, throwing various types of passes (arcing, drop-in passes; short to medium distance bullet passes; and long bombs; sometimes while running) with touch and accuracy, economy of motion to be able to move in the pocket to avoid being tackled by pass rushers, all while the opposing team is sending men weighing over 300 lbs to hurt the QB.

The QB must also be able to improvise and have an intuition of what his receivers and the defense will do when plays break down. On top of all that, the QB must possess the courage and durability be able to complete a pass even when he knows he will be hit immediately after the ball leaves his hand.

I've only ever seen one QB with the above characteristics: Joe Montana although he didn't have the strongest arm.

I'm not aware of any other position in any sport that requires such a blend of fine motor skills, strength, durability, courage, creativity, intuition, and kinetic intelligence.