Not really 'into' music

>not really 'into' music
>tried listening to three albums today
>The Mollusk, Smile Sessions, Loveless
>first was alright, I might enjoy it even more on a few more listens
>the second bored me unfortunately
>the third did the same
I guess it's back to the rudimentary shit like Nirvana, Death Grips, and Pink Floyd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DuUfSOKyhWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you listened to this yet?
It's the gateway album for a reason, and that reason's not just the spammable lyrics.

If you're trying to get into music, it's seriously a great place to start.

Whats so great about it?

You're a fucking mong. Never recommend anybody anything ever again.

this is pretty good

Try this if you like or liked Nirvana. Around the same time and has a similar edge.

Try this song out. It's Weird Fishes by Radiohead.

If you dislike it, then there's no hope for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=DuUfSOKyhWQ

>The Future Sound of London
Is that whole album just a playlist of Salil Sawarim over and over again?

Listen to this.

>smile sessions bored you

should probably give up listening to music now family

you just need something made by people that think like you, i didn't get music at all until i listened to cardiacs, because i like their carnivalesque and manic style of play and sing, is my way of being (in my mind, i would like to be a clown, a clown that play in a punk band like this)

SEARCH TO SOMETHING THAT IDENTIFIES YOU, STOP LOOKING JUST FOR CLASSICS

It's like 5 discs of multiple takes of them recording shit.

Your point?

if youre big into nirvana check out kurt cobain's top 50 albums, it's a pretty good list

?? I'm talking about the first disk idiot. although the rest are still great

OP here.

I did like My War, and I remember hearing that's on his list.

Zzzzzzzzzzz
Nice meme

>citizen kane bored you

should probably give up watching movies now family

when you are starting you will need at least seven listens to like every album, don't trust in yourself, trust in the numbers

>a 6 hour documentary on the making of Citizen Kane bored you
ftfy

glad you agree smile sessions is the musical equivalent to citizen kane

But Citizen Kane existed, SmiLE did not

>Nice meme
the first disk of smile is a meme?

they're not equivalent at all

>the first disk of smile is a meme?
Pretending the first disc of Smile Sessions is Smile and ignoring the rest of the set? yep.

you're wrong and an idiot:

>Although the track listing to The Smile Sessions is different from what it would have been on the original 1967 Smile album, interviews with Linett clarified that the track listing of the first disc would "present the whole piece as close to it as was envisioned, or as is envisioned, as possible ... with input from Brian as from everybody else".[9]

kek

>What is important to understand is that when it was abandoned in early 1967, there was no sequence, much less a finished album. This isn’t a project where an album was completed and just shelved for one reason or another and we’re bringing it back after all this time. It was largely unfinished and unsequenced. And it certainly wouldn’t have been what it became in 2004. For one thing, the album runs about 48 minutes, and there’s no indication that a 3-sided album was ever contemplated in ’66-’67. So you can assume that probably 20 minutes of what had been recorded during that period probably would not have made the final album had it been completed in ’67. Having all that to draw on in 2004, however, Brian used everything he thought made sense and I can’t really speak to whether – I know that what he used was what he always felt should have been part of the project but probably realistically couldn’t all have been part of Smile, had it been released in ’67.

Nice try.

nice citation

anyway that's exactly what i was saying, it wasn't conceived as a 3 sided album. and way to ignore my more relevant and cited quote

Nice blog post

Subscribed

>nice citation
Thanks. I'm surprised you didn't go beyond your first wikipedia search result to research the album
>anyway that's exactly what i was saying
You were agreeing with me that the first disc is not Smile as intended or envisioned?

>most popular album on the board by a large margin for a full decade
>full catchy pop songs with a slightly unusual aesthetic that challenges normies
>not a bad track on the album

This is the perfect album for someone trying to get into music. You've fallen down the rabbithole of neo-Sup Forums contrarianism if you don't get it.

No it's a great Ambient Techno record. Maybe you should give it a listen instead of just making predicable boring jokes, you might like it.

>most popular
Argumentum ad populum

Try again.

What did you like about Mollusk OP? If it's "weird" kitchen-sink pop music, pic related is good, maybe Ariel Pink.

You don't have to like everything; I can't stand modern RnB.

The point isn't that it's popular, but why it's popular, which is because it's accessible for newcomers but is still well-crafted enough to hold up for "patricians."

If you want to turn this into an autistic semantic debate about fallacies,what kind of logical argument would you classify "you suck you fucking mong" as? Have you heard of the "fallacy fallacy?" You also didn't address anything else in my post.

>well-crafted enough to hold up for "patricians."
Pretend you are a patrician and explain.
>what kind of logical argument would you classify "you suck you fucking mong" as?
When did I say that?

lol the fuckwit farm is out feeding today again.

You're too far gone user