Haha guys I think I fell for the meme

what is this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dude girls make me sad lmao

the pinnacle of pop music

>SOMETIMES I FEEL VERY SAD
Wow this is some next level lyricism. What a great band.

>i guess i just was born in le wrong generation

wow dudes smashing their nuts while singing is the peak of music , not

60s emo pop

Bitch Bois = poor man's Beatles

Shouldn't you kids be paying attention in class?

It's mediocre sunshine pop. Nothing more.

lol

>implying being an old geezer makes your opinions on music more worthwhile
>implying old people have taste
no one over 25 should be allowed to have an opinion on music, you out-of-touch greyhairs

You're going to fail algebra.

lmfao this is what spoiled teenagers on Sup Forums actually think

I think this is Death Grips weakest album

Have fun with your shit taste gramps

Seriously whenever I ask, I get some vague answer about "oh he used instruments." Is that it? He got a tuba in the studio and suddenly he's Lennon McCartney?

as opposed to sunshine pop you think is better?

read more into its production, harmonics, and composition

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds

>dude complex arrangements therefore the music is good
lmao

if you really cared about composition you'd listen exclusively to classical and not using it as a defense of your favorite overrated pop album

He was Lennon-McCartney plus George Martin, mate. He arranged and produced everything himself

Gotta admit it is pretty overrated. Simple lyrics for simple minds

>>dude complex arrangements therefore the music is good
i didn't say or imply this, try working on your observational skills because they're terrible.
>if you really cared about composition you'd listen exclusively to classical
and this doesn't make sense at all. you're very ignorant.

>the lyrics are the point of pet sounds
another winner.

Link isn't working, please use your own words.

>muh lyrics
Just kill yourself.

Except Lennon/McCartney could write lyrics and play the instruments on their albums.

>i didn't say or imply this, try working on your observational skills because they're terrible.
Someone said that Pet Sounds wasn't that great, and you responded "read more into its production, harmonics, and composition". So yeah, I'd say I have excellent observational skills.
>and this doesn't make sense at all. you're very ignorant.
nice non-argument
It's so easy to tell when somebody just likes something because "the critics" said it was good, people use the same shitty "ur dum" arguments. Just like Doors and Beatles fans.
lyrics are the most important part of pop music

lyrics over instrumentals faggot

>implying lyrics aren't 50% of the song
Yikes

DUDE USING A LOT OF RANDOM WHACKY INSTRUMENTS LMAO

>lyrics are the most important part of pop music
what the fuck? are you listening to a pop album for deep meanings and symbolism? fuck off
they're not

can we get a horse in here lol?

>they're not
[citation needed]

>McCartney's grandpa music and shitty pop lyrics
>Lennon's psychedelic rambling
>could write lyrics
>and play instruments

Yikes.

jesus christ this thread is fucking awful. if you can't see why this is hailed as a masterpiece then you probably shouldn't be spending time on a music board

>metal and grimefags not getting Pet Sounds
>trying so hard to disregard it
>b-b-b-but the lyrics are shit!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao made my day

Music without lyrics is still music. Lyrics without music are just poetry. I'm pretty sure the actual music takes precedence in all cases.

>what the fuck? are you listening to a pop album for deep meanings and symbolism? fuck off
I'm listening to pop albums for good, interesting, insightful lyricism. Well-written lyrics don't imply pretentious symbolism or "deep" shit.

>Someone said that Pet Sounds wasn't that great

he was imploring someone to let him in on why pet sounds is what it's considered which is clearly different than straight-up saying or implying that it's not that great, and leaving it at that, and so i provided the wikipedia article because it explains pretty much everything.

so no, they're godawful.

>nice non-argument

you didn't present an argument though, you just flaunted your terrible intuition that i'd expect from a 10-year-old and passed it off as insight.

>i don't care about music

>they are
[citation needed]

>>McCartney's grandpa music
You mean Brian Wilson's grandpa barbershop quartet?
>>Lennon's psychedelic rambling
That's fine
>>could write lyrics
>>and play instruments
Yes correct. Are you implying they didn't?
That's not what I said, was it? read it again or stop backpedaling.

Well, how many songs have you published?

This is going to be a dank ass thread

Nice thread, not shitposty at all!

Can you explain then? Cus all I hear is overrated pop music with less than interesting lyrics and generic song structure? Sounds like something just for the normie plebs

>I'm listening to pop albums for good, interesting, insightful lyricism.
that's painfully misguided and i feel sorry for you.

It's a tender and introspective record which was produced by a confused young man who had a big studio band to work with. The lyrics are fine for the sound Pet Sounds has.

>pet sounds fags literally unable to defend their pop garbage

I'm implying they're no better than Wilson.

You said lyrics are 50% of a song. They're not.

>Pet Sounds

>doesn't sample a single animal sound

>less than interesting lyrics
fair, but the lyrics on pet sounds are far from the point. how much research have you given this album?
>generic song structure
untrue, and compared to what anyway?

>generic song structure

"Wouldn't It Be Nice" begins with an eight-beat introduction in the key of A major.[11] Following a single drum hit, the song shifts to the remote flat submediant key of F. Classical composer John Adams called this key change "nothing new in the classical or jazz world, but appearing here in the context of a standard rock-and-roll song, it felt novel and fresh. More than any other songwriter of that era, Brian Wilson understood the value of harmonic surprise."[11] One section is bitonal through a bassline playing in D major. This feature was mistaken as an error by bassist Lyle Ritz, as he explains: "[The] rest of the band was in another key. I knew that was wrong. So during a break, I looked at everybody else's music to see if it was a mistake. Because you can't do that. But he [Brian] pulled it off."[12] The song uses a ritardando before its bridge, a device that doesn't often appear in pop music, but does in classical music.

I know I'm quoting fucking Wikipedia and I respect your opinion and shit but Pet Sounds is anything but generic.

>dogs aren't animals
>humans aren't animals

there are dogs barking senpai

>Caroline No

>You said lyrics are 50% of a song
Correct, they legally are.
>They're not.
[citation needed]

Please no more backpedaling (substituting the word "music" for the word "song")
Well, as I said, they didn't need outside help with lyrics or basic instrumentation, so...

whoa

we ARE the pet sounds...

Dogs bark at the end of "Caroline, No", when the protagonist hurls himself in front of the old Southern Pacific.

Humans are animals. The things humans make are animal artifacts in the same way as a bird's nest or an ant hive's tunnels. Every sound humans make is an animal sound.

>verse
>chorus
>verse
>chorus
>bridge
>chorus
WOW NOT GENERIC AT ALL

see
intellectually-dishonest coward.

>when the protagonist hurls himself in front of the old Southern Pacific
nooo I don't like this theory

I think the train sounds just symbolize moving on, moving on from caroline and the past, maybe moving away physically and mentally

>Well, as I said, they didn't need outside help with lyrics or basic instrumentation, so...

>see
>
What part should I see? None of it applies to this conversation.
>George Martin wrote the lyrics and played guitar/bass/drums/vocals
[citation needed]

Post some good lyrics

But user he used a ritardando I bet you don't even listen to classical music you savage

Lads, lads, lads....

Stereo or Mono?

>George Martin didn't do everything

True until proven false you useless cunt

Mono in most cases. Stereo if you're into studio shit.

>None of it applies to this conversation.

was that not you who made this post?

mono, because:

1. wall of sound production
2. brian's deafness in one ear

>Paul McCartney actually ghost wrote all of Brian's songs

True until proven false you crying baby

>shifting the goalposts

i recommend meditation.

Can't you keep up?

There is much more to song structures than what we label them. Harmonically dynamically whatever

Ooops you meant to quote Haha sorry about that!

why are you showing me this

>Harmonically dynamically
That's not structure. That's composition and arrangement/performance.
>was that not you who made this post [that wasn't you]?

Go to the grocery store, buy some new friends
and find out the beginning, the end, and the best of it
Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
Here's the man with teeth like God's shoeshine
He sparkles shimmers shines
let's all have another Orange Julius
This syrup standing in lines
The malls are the soon to be ghost towns
so long, farewell, good-bye
Take 'em all for the long ride

OH CAROLINE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like the stereo.

What's your favorite Pet Sounds song lads?

Please stop this meme

a screencap is hardly proof given how easy it is to edit html in browsers nowadays.

fuck off and die acting like rubber soul isn't the best beatles album

Nice trips

That's nice.

I wasn't that guy. Would you like to address the argument at hand now, or continue holding me accountable for someone else's comments I couldn't give two shits about?

Kokomo

what's the argument again i forgot

The post of mine you replied too was either about songs being 50% lyrics, or about comparing Brian to Lennon/McCartney but ignoring his shortcomings. Don't know which you were addressing.

Don't Talk

Let's just face it, it's overrated, if the lyrics only make up 20% of the music that's still -20% desu

Not relevant. If the lyrics weren't important, the artist wouldn't have bothered putting them into the song (see: "Lets Go Away For A While" and "Pet Sounds"). To ignore the lyrics of a song is to incorrectly judge the art.

yes but the weakness of the lyrics are easy to forgive given the strength of everything else about pet sounds

>introduction
>exposition
>development
>recapitulation
>coda
WOW NOT GENERIC AT ALL

These are just formats, though - they prove literally nothing. What are you trying to say?

By honest: did you just simply reply to the wrong guy, and now you are just trying to make an argument with the wrong guy just to argue?
>What are you trying to say?
The structure is generic. Didn't you follow the reply chain?

Generic compared to what?