Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_Pablo#Track_listing
youtube.com/watch?v=j8ORq9ZElQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=yaJy9ba1T0s
youtube.com/watch?v=1PRm2EX3d_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post them tweets boi

pretty much a lot of artists around 2008-2010 fell off hard as shit

remember all the hype around mgmt, Florence and the machine, B.o.B, Asher Roth, a ton of indie bands and others and when indie and hip-hop were interacting? Just 6 years ago and all that shit seems to be over.

He never had a position to fall off though. He was always garbage.

Anyways he may make shit music but he's right about Kanye and Drake being talentless celebrities who provide a commercial face for people make their music for them.

Muse

that was my direct post high school era and I remember being on Sup Forums all the time and being hyped about those artists you posted the problem is them taking long sudden hiatuses in the internet era where attention spans are not what they used to be

Frank ocean successful re-upped but his hype was out of this world in 2012, so he was coming back to hype. These days between albums you need to remain active and keep attention in the public eye or have that hype like Frank Ocean you'll leave to a full meal and come back to crumbs and the next hyped artists

I must say I do miss the early 10s now. Not too much to get nostalgia for it (yet) but enough to realize how raw shit felt on the internet compared to now. And that was still the post-wild west era of the internet already

Who makes Kanyes music?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_Pablo#Track_listing
Too many people to fit inside a single Sup Forums post

do you not look at the credits on his albums? literally 50 producers per track

He was never that great. Cudi was just in the right place at the right time.

Like said he was associated with Wale, Asher, BoB, and even fucking Charles and they were "different" rappers in the time when hip-hop was coming down from that "hip-hop is dead" debate and southern rap was still dominating the charts.

Each of those guys didn't live up to hype and potential. Charles Hamilton being the most tragic and the precursor for a rapper making it on the web. Drugs and drama ruined him.

B.o.b. was hyped as the next Andre 3000 but started making cornball.shit as soon as he got a deal.

Wale is a big ass crybaby and average rapper

Asher Roth.... Ehh

Saddest XXL freshmen cover looking back

He didn't fall off, he was too advanced for most listeners.

Speeding Bullet 2 Heaven is a work of genius

Kanye, he's just stupidly generous with credits.

Kanye credits anyone in the studio with him at the time
You can be the fucking pizza boy delivering pizza to the studio at the right time and you'd get a credit

someone said this yesterday but cudi was never incredible he was good but too hyped up

Entitled: The "Artist"

Yeezy put him on. He could have made hits. Instead he decided to be super weird bro.

Literally impossible

What happened is Cudi has a feature on the Drake & Kanye album. Cudi wanted either or both to return the favor and do a feature on his new album. Except what he played them sounded like complete trash, so they made their excuses and got out of there. They made it too obvious though, and Cudi didn't buy their excuses. Hence the tweets.

I wish this were true. Still as popular as ever.

Trinidad James

Florence and the Machine is still very popular, her most recent album was #1 and she's been doing an arena tour. The others obviously are irrelevant.

really makes you think

Obviously she's still famous but Lady Gaga lost her Biggest Artist In The World status so fast and has already entered the "make crooner Starbucks albums with Tony Bennett and act on cable shows" stage of her career that's usually reserved for people 30 years past their prime. Bizarre trajectory.

Macklemore

Foxy Shazam

Haha, well said. Once the fashion gimmicks had their run, her music alone couldn't carry her brand anymore. I think releasing Born This Way for free was a big mistake.

I unironically liked Speedin bullet album, not perfect or anything ground breaking but fun

To answer your question op, id say just about the majority of good 90s rappers fell off once the 2000s hit

holy shit my sides

is the original of this, the one with the indian guys, real?

>southern rap was still dominating the charts
>was

You do know that Atlanta is basically dominating the scene don't you?

This for sure. I haven't heard anyone even mention his new album. He used to be everywhere four years ago

>MGMT

I just checked Billboard top 200. The Heist was on the charts for 38 weeks and peaked at #2. This Unruly Mess was on for only one week at #4. Yikes

>He never had a position to fall off though. He was always garbage.

Pffft yeah right.

I'd place ATL under a separate category than the rest of the dirty south

idk j cole fell off the radar p hard

What is Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, and Imagine Dragons featuring Logic, Ty Dolla $ign, and X Ambassadors – Sucker for Pain?

Wow I had no idea Cudi was responsible for Frank's Wild Years.

That's actually really interesting that Sufjan collaborated with Cudi on Age of Adz

Lady Gaga

whats the best Asher Roth album? ive been on a retro kick and remember digging a song now and again

The songs were great. I loved the fame/fame monster era and the stuff before. She kept with the gimmicks but I think she got too weird musically and stylistically for the general public.

bruh desu L
not at all advance listeners lmao ok

about what lmao

>Kid Cudi was responsible for Skullflower's Fucked on a Pile of Corpses
I can hear it

pretty sure cudi wasn't alive when trout mask replica came out

>Charles Hamilton being the most tragic and the precursor for a rapper making it on the web
He's back with a Universal deal, album dropping early next year and a red bull documentary about his life either this or early next year.
Been digging through all the shit he dropped since the drama started because he had the potential to be one of the greatest, the dude literally lived breathed and shat music for 3 years and I haven't started on what he's dropped this year

Rawth EP or Seared Foie Gras

this but i feel like that's mainly bc she isn't really doing anything

>kudi ghostwrote all the crazy poly-rythmic melodies on this album
Holy shit it makes so much sense now

Any of these trap artists that hipster music journalists try to hype up. They all have a shelf life of about a year at best. I don't know why they try to convince my they're good in the first place. They're even more disposable than pop stars.

I don't follow many/any music publications but I feel this. the amount of "up and coming" rappers who I've seen get decent to strong 7s from Fantano on their debut mixtapes and then literally never heard from again is amazing

Speeding bullet was a dud personally but la flame and himself really compliment eachother on Birds so I'm on the fence atm

This was such a fun time in my life. Ratatat can be thrown in there too.

Now the indie is too singy and not enough melody and the nerd rappers try too hard. Things will never be the same.

I hate the fuck out of these triplet, trap rappers. It's all so fucking terrible. It's like 15 year old high schooler tier cringey.

+

all these fags really think 808s wouldn't exist without cudi

808s happened because of T-Pain.

No he didn't you retard. 808s started with Three Six Mafia and got popular with crunk music.

Memphis started it.

He's talking about the Yeezy Album fampai

> but he's right about Kanye and Drake being talentless celebrities who provide a commercial face for people make their music for them.
retard detected. they both contribuite massively to the music they release. as fame and commitments increased, they employed more collaborators. kids on the internet who have no clue about how music business works. only broke ""indie"" bums still sit down to make all of their shit.

Kanye stans are one of the most delusional, trash fanbases in the history of music, and one of the worst thing their created is this pathetic excuse their keep spouting when somebody talks about his ghostwriters and producers. This myth was born on r/hhh too, another proof that this board is réddit.

dam they short

and still sounds like shit

what the fuck? i hate kanye now

>source: my ass
>calls someone "reddit"
>replies to a myth with another myth

youre such a manchild

Really makes you think...

Fuck da system yo. you gotta routine, you're not supposed to break the routine. Fucking shieeeet I Din du nothin

Tinie Tempah

britbong here

he just recently had some shitty hit single so he's still relevant

It's completely normal to be angry when somebody ties you up throws you in a cage strips you naked and deprives you of a bed to sleep in when you haven't slept in about 24 or so hours and then drops your ass in the middle of nowhere, takes all of your money, and then tells you that if you don't spend more money they're going to bring you back

Then controls the water you drink, whether or not you're going to get to eat/have access to health care in case of an emergency. Not to mention they molest you by grabbing your dick every couple of hours.

oh shit it's my ex

Kurt Cobain

Alt-J
Mumford & Sons

youtube.com/watch?v=j8ORq9ZElQ8

isnt he releasing a double this month?

i know people fucking HATED his last album
(probably the blacks)

haven't had a chance to listen to it..but i really liked indicud

Kid cuddle will be ok

lmao

minus the perverse fantasy, this album does belong in this thread [no disrespect to Fortress tho]

just googled Charles Hamilton

how the fuck i never heard of him

hes bertty gud

His name comes first

>American Horror Story

true, I don't even like Lady Gaga desusenpai

How about Nelly?

youtube.com/watch?v=yaJy9ba1T0s

probably this

hey if u're a grill i'd let you do my five fingers of death ; )))

nigga betta back the fuck up

Jay Electronica

how is this supposed to impress dawg
>freestyle
>writtens

youtube.com/watch?v=1PRm2EX3d_E

>how is this supposed to impress dawg

Because he freestyled?

>dude comes with pre rehearsed rhymes
>freestyle
when will this meme end

didn't know cudi was on in rainbows...

>Kid Cudi was the genius behind Man on the Moon all along

wow i had no idea

Other way around but I'm surprised Katy Perry has lasted this long. I would've thought Lady Gaga would've been the one who was still relevant in 2016 four years ago.

they credited writers of the songs they sampled.

that doesn't include the 53 other producers though lil twat

That nigga XV

i feel this man

What about Lana Del Rey? She kind of just made the same album over and over again and got scared of being famous. She really could have done cool shit.

>She really could have done cool shit.

lol no, way too uninspired for that

she was the perfect artist for the juniors section at the mall