Now that the dust has settled, can we all just agree that it's way better than CLPPNG?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all just agree that it's way better than CLPPNG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oaz19hVpklQ
mega.nz/#!WtVymZjC!NaU1Hdhts0bcL-POL6ES5ovsxqRk43IqlQBWT-iRwG8
daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/09/clipping-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=PUR_ChqUJbc
youtube.com/watch?v=VpXiEb2KVoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=oaz19hVpklQ

Yes. They finally dropped the gimmicky production and corny ass hooks. That shit was tolerable on CLPPNG, but Wriggle was so bad, I was scared they were regressing even harder. S&M was a complete shock, I love it.

yes, a couple of days ago i would have said this is their worst. but now i think its their best
S&M>Midcity>CLPPNG

not only is it better than CLPPNG, it might be the best concept album ever written

incredible album

Love it. I like CLPPNG but I didn't love it, actually think it's a bit overrated,so it wasn't very hard to beat.

Does anyone have a download link for this album? I can't find one anywhere.

yeah, on spotify :^)

THE KEYWORD IS KEMMER

8.5/10 AOTY

Yes bruh but only because I really like the album and I want others to hear it. It's from the archive and it's v0. Now go listen to it immediately.

>Clipping. - Splendor and Misery
>mega.nz/#!WtVymZjC!NaU1Hdhts0bcL-POL6ES5ovsxqRk43IqlQBWT-iRwG8

wriggles title track is okay tho

nah
s&m was mostly mediocre
CLPPNG was pretty great except for a couple tracks

Some parts switch from sounding forced and predictable to me. Like in All Black I feel like the lyrics were trying to connect words just because they sound similar, but not in a impressive word play kind of way. Like the idea of babylon being in this song doesn't add much to it except that his line sounds slightly more clever. Maybe I'm missing something entirely I don't know. Overall, the good parts outweigh this inconsequential critique for me.

it's awful if you liked this album idk if you have ears desu familia

4/10 at best

wriggle was far better then this

>v0

And that shit with story 5 connecting all the of the previous stories together with a name. Can someone explain what I'm missing there? I don't see the point so it just comes across as forced.

v0 is the best you dog.

>not 320

My AOTYSF, easily the best thing clipping's ever done, may be my new fav noise hop record.

CONFIRMED PATRICIAN

>cbr

instant dl

I can't stand his vocals/delivery. its so cheesy.

By far

This. Where the fuck are the 320 rips at?

I think Story 5 is supposed to be backstory for the album's setting. There's a few mentions of slaves being used to fight a war and I'm assuming Grace was a soldier who discovered a conspiracy behind the war and got murdered before she could it to the press

I will never get the hype for this album

Maybe I need a relisten, maybe you're all just plebs idk...

Yeah best track in the ep

lol what the fuck

Midcity>Splendor & MIsery>CLIPPNG>Wriggle, none of their content is really bad though imo.

i tried the album because a white friend told me it speaks on race issues but the album was just garbage and i regretted every second of listening

The storytelling was stronger on CLPPNG.

Maybe I need to revisit this when I'm not so tired and depressed.

I loved Midcity and Wriggle a lot but I had no idea how they were going to top off CLPPNG, but fuck this is the best album of the year. It makes everything else by them look like shit.

S+M>CLPPNG>Midcity>Wriggle

Top 3 Tracks:
True Believer
A Better Place
Baby Don't Sleep

fantastic interview coming through:
daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/09/clipping-interview

Idk CLPPNG was pretty dope

>"yo n-nig-- man, have you heard the new clipping. album yet? yo dawg it speaks so deeply about all the racial prejudice you had to endure, so sorry btw, give it a listen when you can, I-I'm not forcing you to l-listen to it o-or anything...., again, s-so sorry, btw you're my coolest friend did y-you know that?"

Get better friends m8

Wait, should I listen to it then? I listened to Wriggle a few times and hated it. Hot Fuck No Love, Our Time, Back Up, and Intro were all shit. I only could mildly tolerate Shooter and the title track. Also, I have barely listened to their previous stuff because it just flat out annoyed me.

eh

Maybe? The instrumentals are very subdued and mostly serve to provide the feeling of being in a dark abandonned spaceship. youtube.com/watch?v=PUR_ChqUJbc is the most conventional clipping song on the album and its only banger

Yes, as I stated in my post I also thought wriggle was trash. S&M is easily their best release. Give it a try, it's not very long anyways.

v0 has the best quality to memory ratio.

youtube.com/watch?v=VpXiEb2KVoY

They can't have 5 tracks titles story. I don't think the numbering purposes any relation between the tracks.

So much fucking better. CLPPNG is the most overrated piece of shit

I can assure you that this is an album you either get or you don't and if you don't, it's proof you're a pleb. I mean just look at pitchfork, everyone knows they're hardcore philistines and they gave the album a bad score for being "not enough music".

It's really spoopy and atmospheric. It's like a good sci-fi novel.

Haven't decided if it's better than CLIPPING, but might be one of the best albums this year.

Is Splendor and Misery the hip-hop equivalent of THORNS?

True Believer reminded me a lot of Shifting Channels for example.

Where is the FLAC version please someone.

scratch this. Listened to it once more and it's better than CLIPPING. It's a genuine masterpiece

wtf is wrong with hot fuck no love

so do people hate this track?
its always called the worst track of the album, but i love it, its so obnoxious and really catchy. i dig his autotune

A Better Place is the best song on the album.
Prove me wrong

Baby Don't Sleep is pretty incredible

How can this album be better then clipping when this album is made by clipping?

i hold it pretty highly in their discography

how are mirrors even real if our eyes are not?

He gave CLPPNG a 9

All Black. True Believer. Long Way Away. Story 5. Break the Glass.
Interludes are also atmospheric as well.
A Better Place is also fucking great. Man I love this album. AOTY.