youtube.com/watch?v=egLFQTK6190
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Amber Rain
>Going Up
>Tattooed Man
>Amethyst Deceiver
>It's In My Blood

Come on, that whole album is great.

Amber Rain and It's In My Blood are not that great and Amethyst Deceiver is too long
Fire of the Mind bests them all easily

tattooed man is the high point dbh

youtube.com/watch?v=egLFQTK6190

noNNNOOO

It took me a while, but I finally came around to the rest of the album, but that opener/closer is a 10/10.

The indie pop bullshit star child for this thread

Amber Rain is godly what are you on

Finding it really hard to like this album because I keep expecting proto-alt-rock after the first track...

Swans - To Be Kind

Second track is tied with the first but the last two are the best on the album. Bye Bye Bad Man, Elephant Stone, Shoot You Down and This Is The One are other memorable high points but really the entire album is perfection.

cue obligatory Dopesmoker post

Screen Shot is good but it's nowhere near Oxygen, She Loves Us, Bring the Sun or To Bekind.

What makes it so great for you?

Maybe if I had some context for why it's so appealing I would like it more.

Probably the guitar work and vocal melodies. They are just so perfectly intertwined on every track.

Banana album has a pretty good first track

I'll give it another shot. I think I just keep expecting something darker after that first track.

Nah it's got a vibe similar to Psychocandy if you've listened to that. Just makes you feel coooool as a cucumber.

>too long

are you serious dude? It's only 10 minutes, they've ended up doing live renditions of that song that were 2 times longer in duration.

babby couldn't sit through a 2 hour long album. Normally I'd agree that's a bit much for an album length, but Swans fucking nailed it on every track. Same with the Glowing Man.

What about Gravity Rides Everything and Dark Center of the Universe?

> 2 times longer in duration.
even worse lmao

Alright kid, that's fine if you ain't into longer songs now, but when you get older they can have quite the payoff just kidding music is for fags

I've been meaning to listen through Psychocandy all the way actually...guess that's two albums I'll have to check out.

Oh hell nah, that's a great album son

>Bike Scene is objectively better

Rest of the album is basically the first two songs anyway so it all sounds the same.

Scrap or Die & Pac Blood are both better than XXX