Jason Aldean: 'There are no cool rock bands any more'

theguardian.com/music/2016/sep/14/jason-aldean-they-dont-know-interview-cool-rock-bands

It's country's time in the sun now cowboy.

Hip hop? Rock? Pfft. We're making America and Music great again 2016

He's right.

>It’s not flattering by any means. If you are going to make statements like that then at least go and listen to the albums as a whole. Don’t pick and choose the songs that can relate to the story that you’re writing in the paper. I feel that term is a little derogatory … I don’t know one person who thinks it’s a good term. I don’t like the label thing at all. Especially when I think it’s a backhanded sort of comment.

based

Literally the scum of country music. He isn't allowed to have an opinion.

Wow wtf I hate rock now

>You have to always be conscious of the songs. I never want the songs to be too songwriterly or too clever. I think you do have to make it, to some extent, black and white. The song has to say what it means and it means what it says. If you try to get too tricky with the lyrics, it gets confusing. You don’t have to listen to it five or six times to really get it. If it’s something I have to go back and listen to over and over again to figure what it says, it’s too much work for me and it’s too much work for the listener"

This kills the Jason Almeme

This has to be a joke, right? Multiple listens give depth to a song. You want to hear a song multiple times, and it's a fun surprise to find new depth.

OLD BOOTS

is he 'our guy'

How can people even think this? There may not be anything super original anymore but there are still some pretty good rock bands popping up here and there. It may be dead in the sense that nobody really does anything different and that rock isn't in the spotlight but there's still plenty of stuff coming out that isn't bad.

Based Aldean tellin it like it is

Hasn't he ever listened to Swans?

Only mainstream radio music bands are all that matter to him.

such a hoss, i want to rub stubbles with this guy but he'd probly think it was gay or something

>thinking this highly of Jason Aldean
He's beyond "normie" and just makes country music. He's not deep.

Damn...

>Some of my favorite songs were songs that were album cuts on those records.
Patrician.

I'd even say kind of dumb.

Damn he's really our savior

He doesn't even write his own songs