EDM recommendations

Looking for some recommendations on artists to listen to, as I just got into EDM.

I've really been into some of Knife Party's stuff, especially Power Glove and Give it up.

That being said, I only listen to 10 tracks now and they're starting to get stale, I'm hoping you nerds can point me in the right direction.

What really appeals to me from Knife Party is their great, powerful bass, songs like Unison and Give it up master that aspect imo. I also like how you can march to nearly all of their songs, great stuff to walk to.

Things I dislike include lots of words. Any real lyrics and I immediately hate the song. Then just basic stuff like bad mixing, since I have quality gear and player (Neutron), pic related.

That being said, what do you think I'll like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zR9vFlKMals
youtube.com/watch?v=sH0tMLL34Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=a_-SMaUxqvY
youtube.com/watch?v=T2AoXmVP-hE
youtube.com/watch?v=WHod1RB_vY4
youtube.com/watch?v=riIALGLOcp4
youtube.com/watch?v=HanBb8FonWs
youtube.com/watch?v=PfOoSQ9_Aes
youtube.com/watch?v=3aKpSAeTuUo
youtube.com/watch?v=OVDogwbhz88
youtube.com/watch?v=RXW0ZTVT2z0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0t3Bcw4OE
youtube.com/watch?v=0wId-RoZ0wY
youtube.com/watch?v=_zVDnviSxGs
soundcloud.com/ekalimusic/summer-in-europe-mini-mix
youtube.com/watch?v=-W0Lcc-SFUs
youtube.com/watch?v=LNdSS7xQ26M
youtube.com/watch?v=htUH7qq3Pvw
youtube.com/watch?v=d5nnLzeBZK0
youtube.com/watch?v=gVzsAMnlTRg
youtube.com/watch?v=nTB7_PhDw-0
youtube.com/watch?v=iKfYlTQyOnk
youtube.com/watch?v=xDvrQVG040g
youtube.com/watch?v=5QpKdJ9F3O8
youtube.com/watch?v=W3lGQXrdX_c
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mEVfsFaio
soundcloud.com/holasoynetobaby/upgrade-baileys-mandragora-x-lighters-remix-on-acid
youtube.com/watch?v=r2hc7XT6qGc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off

Don't know if it'd be your thing, but in my opinion, Synthwave is an amazing genre.

Daft Punk, Justice, Danger

It's pretty good desu, can get sort of samey

But it's really best somewhere where you can dance and get totally wild

Getter's new EP is actually pretty cool. I'm not into EDM at all but I fucks with it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=zR9vFlKMals
>youtube.com/watch?v=sH0tMLL34Lc

The person who was first responsible for attributing the abbreviation "EDM" to pop big house trap brostep shit needs to be shot

>ITT: non-quantized plebs...

learn to see the light faggots

as for you op, here are some recommendations.

Kai Wachi: youtube.com/watch?v=a_-SMaUxqvY

super intense but his sound design and production are fucking top notch.

this guy blows every single dubstep/trap hybrid out of the water. he's the fucking best, completely underrated and not well known though since he stopped making music for a while due to getting locked up for selling oxy

What So Not: youtube.com/watch?v=T2AoXmVP-hE

Flume vibes but with crazy sub-bass. They have lyrics but just fucking deal with it man, it's worth it.

Slumberjack: youtube.com/watch?v=WHod1RB_vY4

just fucking crazy shit mang, these guys kill it

Herobust: youtube.com/watch?v=riIALGLOcp4

again, lyrics, but worth it. this guy has some crazy sound design and nutty bass.

Snails: youtube.com/watch?v=HanBb8FonWs

youtube.com/watch?v=PfOoSQ9_Aes

this is probably who you will like the most if what you like is the bass sounds in Knife Party. this guy is the fucking king of that heavy, grimy, distorted bass. snails is amazing.

Big Gigantic: youtube.com/watch?v=3aKpSAeTuUo

different vibe but still amazing. if you like them also check out Griz and Gramatik who have a similar vibe.

Eptic: youtube.com/watch?v=OVDogwbhz88

fucking great bassy trappy sounds. not sure how to describe this guy but he might be a bit of an alien? his music is infectiously catchy

>this guy blows every single dubstep/trap hybrid out of the water.
youtube.com/watch?v=RXW0ZTVT2z0

oh and as for knife party, their music can be kinda typical but if you really wanna see them shine catch them live somewhere. they have amazing DJ sets.

this isn't bad but it's really fucking poorly mixed man. Kai Wachi is crisp as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0t3Bcw4OE

youtube.com/watch?v=0wId-RoZ0wY

Both songs you've posted by Kai Wachi aren't trap or dubstep enough. They're just a LITTLE bit of each. But yeah it is crispy.

Listen to those drum fills after 1:13
youtube.com/watch?v=_zVDnviSxGs

that's why he's classified as Hybrid

I really want to like the shit you keep posting but all of it needs an audio engineer ASAP, this shit is so awfully mixed it sounds like crap

>The person who was first responsible for attributing the abbreviation "EDM" to pop big house trap brostep shit needs to be shot

As a Deep/Garage House fan it never fails to trigger my autism

also, highly recommend whereisalex

his music is unaccessible to most edm fans but Sup Forums is full of pretentious hipsters who would probably be in to him if they liked EDM.

one more tip, if you really wanna get in to EDM I suggest listening to DJ mixes.

edm as a genre doesn't really attain its full potential until it's mixed by a DJ, that's what a lot of people who criticize it don't realize. the fact that the music is quantized perfectly means that DJ's can do some really amazing things with it that they can't do with music that has live instrumentation.

that of course still relies on a good DJ, which you might have to look around a bit for.

soundcloud.com/ekalimusic/summer-in-europe-mini-mix

>he listens to '''''''EDM'''''''' and calls other people plebs

You can't make this shit up. Yanks....I swear to god.

they are plebs :)

what do you listen to? lemme guess, some irrelevant avante garde punk or folk inspired bullshit?

Stop listening to plebby stuff OP. Try and get into the less popular, higher quality EDM.
Powerful bass:
youtube.com/watch?v=-W0Lcc-SFUs
youtube.com/watch?v=LNdSS7xQ26M
House:
youtube.com/watch?v=htUH7qq3Pvw
youtube.com/watch?v=d5nnLzeBZK0
youtube.com/watch?v=gVzsAMnlTRg
youtube.com/watch?v=nTB7_PhDw-0
youtube.com/watch?v=iKfYlTQyOnk
Jungle/DnB
youtube.com/watch?v=xDvrQVG040g
youtube.com/watch?v=5QpKdJ9F3O8
youtube.com/watch?v=W3lGQXrdX_c
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mEVfsFaio

lol

>perpetuating the term "EDM"
>current year
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously embarrassing thread. fucking americans

only worthwhile post is and it gets a 'lol', you can't make this shit up

lol because dnb/jungle isn't fucking EDM

you must go faster
>trance
>tech
soundcloud.com/holasoynetobaby/upgrade-baileys-mandragora-x-lighters-remix-on-acid

I will never understand other peoples taste in EDM

lol, he said good production.
these sound like absolute garbage

KYS

youtube.com/watch?v=r2hc7XT6qGc

Porter Robinson
Dillon Francis
Excision

pretty good

this thread hurts me

Major Lazer
Big Gigantic