Now that the dust has settled, what do you think about Randy?

now that the dust has settled, what do you think about Randy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hw3d9KTYHIE
youtu.be/xqKPe9w5bUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based on the cover art, it is truly awful.

Listening now - about halfway through. Sounds like AVD shit, pretty dull. Where's the Water of Nazareth sound? Stress? Genesis? They need to do more of that ASAP

I really enjoyed Safe and Sound though, so now I'm conflicted about how I think Woman will end up being

Also can they ditch the cross shit already? Or have they just accepted that their entire discography will be derivative of and will pale in comparison to Cross?

The Cross is basically their icon. It wasn't even just their first album, it has always been in their band logo and they also had it in their stage set up always.

Cautiously hyped. I'm not thrilled with Randy, but Safe and Sound was fantastic.

They said the production of Randy started out as industrial techno, but they were "feeling really good in the studio that day." So it'll probably have the same influences as Cross but I doubt we'll be getting anything as earrapy, unfortunately.

eh. Both singles are boring with shit vocals.
The album is going to be a 5 or 6/10.

I understand that, but as artists they shouldn't be so complacent with such evidently lateral aesthetic progression

I liked both singles a lot actually. I really like how Safe and Sound has that thing where it plays with the dark side and the light side a little, while still being fun and funky.

Randy sounds a little more...produced?...than Safe and Sound. I don't like the vocals at all. It gets better when they get weird a funky with it. And those strings in both of them!

I don't know. I'm excited. Can't be any more a letdown than the new Tobacco album.

I kinda liked Safe and Sound, but now I'm expecting AVD 2.0

Does anyone have lyrics?

For some reason the old French guard are obsessed with the 1970's right now. The kids into the 1980's have been more interesting, but I like where Justice are with these two singles, so we'll see.

Was disco THAT great to begin with??

It's like with what Daft Punk with RAM. They're literally just releasing a disco album. Cross was a really amazing album that eschewed almost all the house tropes that came from disco. AVD still was pretty good. idk what they're doing.

Audio Video Disco was better than this. There were tracks like Helix and Civilization on it. These just have bland chord progressions and barely any of Justice's signature sound. Not mixed like their other albums either.

>barely any of justices signature sound

its almost as if you dont even know what your listening to or even know what your talking about

dont know what theyre talking about

rec me more synthy songs that sound like 3:42 to 4:10 of randy
youtube.com/watch?v=hw3d9KTYHIE

To a degree I may normally agree, but it has been around so long that it'd just confuse people. They're not like Daft Punk where they could swap from the logo to their helmets, the Cross is what people identify with Justice.

>Sup Forums hates EDM
>creams itself over Justice and Daft Punk

lol ironing

user this bait is really weak, if you're going to try to bait people please apply yourself in the future

Bait?

Are you attempting to imply DP and Justice are different to Calvin Harris or Deadmau5?

Not a huge fan of the vocals, but a pretty great track overall. Not as good as Safe and Sound, but a solid 7/10

Normally when somebody's bait is a failure they'd move onto a new thread, but look at you go :)

Srsly. Cross was like a 2.1/5 and AVD a 2.25/5.
I don't get the hype for Cross. It was produced in a cheap way and you could hear it was a danceable album that wasn't supposed to be dance

Cross to me in general has this special feeling around it personally that isn't quite captured with most Dance albums. Especially the block of music from D.A.N.C.E. to DVNO. Valentine is really under-rated in particular.

Sorry you're not a fan user.

It's alright. Relatively unexciting. Okay to listen to, Safe and Sound (which didn't really blow me away either) is definitely better. I think it's unreasonable to expect a second Cross, if the new album has at least a couple cuts like Helix or Ohio, I'd be happy with it.

I'D RATHER EAT RANDY
youtu.be/xqKPe9w5bUs

>ADV a 2.25/5

no way man, it was 2.19 TOPS

This. I just want more Justice. Their sound is funky as fuck. If there are more tracks like Safe and Sound on the album I'm happy.

I don't trust anyone who would put AVD over Cross.

>implying this isnt their best cover art

yes that is exactly what we're doing

What is this song about? I have 2 theories.

1) The people who were young when cross came out are older and more mature now. The song is about that transition.

2) This song is about the Bataclan.

On n' On was a song I played on loop for a good month, so Randy hits a lot of the points that that are important to me, and as you might assume, I actually like the high vocals. What might even edge this over On n' On for me is the fact that it goes places and switches things up a lot more while On n' On's main variance is the flute solo. I recognize that Cross is a better album than AVD, but I think AVD's best tracks are better than Cross's. Woman so far sounds exactly like what I wanted, a more refined AVD.

So for the first two singles on all their albums so far...

D.A.N.C.E. > Audio Video Disco = Waters of Nazareth > Safe and Sound > Civilization > Randy

For me at least. However, even though I say that I think the sound they're going for on this album (by what I'm guessing with the first two track), is Cross' disco sound and orchestra elements but with the progression and performance style of AVD. Obviously there's more to it than that, but that's the first thing I think of. Either way I'm still excited.

Some tracks of their previous album Audio Video Disco, specially Civilization, Helix and New lands

>D.A.N.C.E

>not DVNO instead of D.A.N.C.E
>not New lands instead of Civilization

I was talking about the first two singles out of each of the albums

the cross is like the X with the XX or the top and bottom bars w/ titles on a lot of Swans records or the heads with DFA1979
it's just what they do

For me is a 7/10

Im a cross fan, but i really like that their singles for woman have a bit of groove that was missing in most of the tracks of AVD