Which of the songs on this are written by panda bear?

which of the songs on this are written by panda bear?

he wrote guys eyes i think

brother sport

>you can tell because the lyrics are shit

Avey Tare is confirmed to have written two thirds of Merriweather Post Pavilion.

This is my speculation;

In the Flowers (Avey Tare)
My Girls (Panda Bear)
Also Frightened (Avey Tare)
Summertime Clothes (Avey Tare)
Daily Routine (Panda Bear)
Bluish (Avey Tare)
Guys Eyes (Panda Bear)
Taste (Avey Tare)
Lion In a Coma (Avey Tare)
No More Runnin' (Avey Tare)
Brother Sport (Panda Bear)

So every good song was written by Avey Tare

in the flowers, judging by the song structure, was written by panda bear

It's hard to tell if you're going by musical composition, because they've said MPP was heavily influenced by Panda Bear's Person Pitch sound.

This

In the Flowers is very structurally similar to the other Panda MPP songs, like Brother Sport and Daily Routine, as well as Panda's solo work.

My general rule of thumb is if a song is more complex structurally/stylistically, it is probably Avey. If a song is more poppy, repetitive, or condensed it is probably Panda.

No disrespect to either styles, I love both of their styles.

Also Frightened is by Panda.

He literally talks about his kids and shit.

You haven't observed their composition styles closely enough. It's Avey Tare. Listen to anything on Down There. The lyrics and the way the song unfolds is completely in Avey Tare's style.

it's panda's friendo

What makes you think that? They've said before that the person who wrote the song tends to sing lead.

Your rule of thumb is quite correct, but In the Flowers is WITHOUT A DOUBT an Avey song. You can tell by the vocal melodies/lyrics. Panda's are a lot more repetitive and simple. Avey's songs sound like stories, Panda's songs are like chants.

It's an Avey song, in pre-MPP shows he sang it solo and those are definitely not Panda style lyrics

this is 100% correct and anyone who argues with this is dumb
except with taste i am pretty sure they both wrote their own parts so that would be 50/50

To be fair they said taste was two songs of theirs they mashed together

But In the Flowers isn't really repetitive at all.

Is Guys Eyes really about Ariel Pink?

No it's about masturbating and being away from his wife on tour

I think that panda make the verse and avey the chorus/bridge.
most of the time avey make better and more beautiful melodies and his is always s little bit more sad than panda , panda know how harmonize his shit and make energizing music.

Great songwriters, very talented both but I prefer avey.

What fo you prefer.
panda melodies or avey melodies?
I'll say avey, his melodies are sincere and beautiful, also a little bit melancholy, even in his most happy songs which remains me of lennon.
I'll like to say that panda is more mccartney-ish but he is not, panda is more like some weird brian wilson, not so talented. I love panda music btw but is brian fucking wilson.

Avey's songs are probably the only ones that keep me coming back.

I think he is way better.

Has Geologist ever written a song

Supposedly he had a huge hand in Danse Manatee

vocals - Panda >>>>> Avey
lyrics - Avey >>>>> Panda
song structure and progression Panda generally over Avey but he's got higher highs than Panda

thats probably why he doesnt get to write songs anymore

This is 100% correct.

You are retarded. The most consistent judge of who wrote which song is who sings the lead.

The lyrics are misleading on Also Frightened. Also, since they harmonize the entire song it would seem like it could go either way. But on early live versions Avey sings it solo.

That all being said, no song belongs entirely to one or the other, because it's a collaboration, but the first guy has it right in terms of who put forth the initial song on which the others built.

vocal preference is subjective. Panda's voice is more clear, but Avey has more range of timbre, and delivers with more emotion. And yea, better lyricism almost every time as well.

This is accurate. It's pretty easy to tell them apart. Panda's songs tend to be more rhythmic and repetitive while Avey's are more dynamic and abstract.

It sampled ariel pink, initially at least. It's about fapping instead of cheating on your SO.

my girls
guys eyes
brothersport
daily routine

yup

the "MPP is a panda album" is a meme

>vocals - Panda >>>>> Avey
>lyrics - Avey >>>>> Panda

literally the opposite. Avey has FAR better range than Panda but his lyrics are always abstract beyond recognition or sometimes logic

nice meme album m8
topkek

I can't think of one Panda Bear vocal performance as strong as Avey Tare's on Laughing Hieroglyphic.

yeah Panda Bear's pretty awful with lyrics desu. Chores is pretty inane.

The whole beauty of animal collective is in how the members interact with each other. The songwriting process is collaborative, it's not like post revolver Lennon/McCartney where each of them locked themselves in a room away from each other to write their own songs.

Get over this ridiculous conversation over whose songwriting credits are more worthy and enjoy the music. Not everything has to be a fucking circlejerk over who's better or worse. You autists.

I'm a huge fan of that rhythmic, hypnotic, repetitive melody structure, so guys like Panda Bear, Philip Glass, and Steve Reich are my jam.

: (

This. I know people like to draw Lennon/McCartney comparisons a lot, but Avey and Panda aren't a Lennon/McCartney. They work off of each other a lot better. Been on this 50/50 game for literally over a decade.

Lennon/Macca started having very distinguished styles and stopped doing 50/50 songs like 2 years into their recording career.