What does Sup Forums think of this album?

What does Sup Forums think of this album?

I don't really like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI
youtube.com/watch?v=M3Y-Dccc5ns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're a pleb with unrefined taste then. Sucks to be you user.

>it's the literal same loop playing for a solid fucking hour, the only difference being that it gradually sounds worse and worse
>the loop isn't even good

yeah ok pal

Its ok. I get how someone wouldn't like it. I find it relaxing but not particularly amazing but i guess thats the point.

Disintegration Loops is probably the worst meme album out there. Congratulations on being delusional.

wow so iconoclastic wow i'm sure you only listen to true ambient like tim hecker and SAW II ;) thanks for your informed and valuable contributions

If you can't appreciate this album you were probably born after 1994.

What do you like about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI

OP try listening to more backpambient, you'll like it more

fuck off chris

this is worse than backpack ambient
pseudo intellectual trash that focuses too much around concept while completely devoid of any actual substance
this is an album you only need to hear once, just for the experience, anyone who actually claims to listen to and enjoy it after that point is deluding themselves, its literally just an album people put on their shitty charts and show off to strangers on an imageboard full of autistic shut ins to get a pat on the back for listening to an album that they think makes them better than everyone else because its ooooh so avant garde and philosphical
there are hundreds of ambient/drone albums you could put on in place of this one that are actually somewhat interesting and whose only merits arent just some gimmick

yikes

this is great. close the thread

Calm down

Get a clue

Gain insight

piece of shit

I tried listening it on two occasions, and found it dull, I felt nothing desu.

I listened to it today for the first time. I didn't like it at all. I mean, it's the same loop for an hour and then it's 10 minutes of another loop.

People come to this album, I think, not wanting to "fall for the meme." What I mean is that, for instance, for me, "Hospice" does nothing for me. It's not a kind of music I relate to, and my love life's not especially strife-ridden so the themes don't really touch me.

Other people come to that album with their preferences and experiences, and they connect to it. I don't.

I think a lot of people, especially people who are a lot younger than me and don't really remember 9/11 come to this album thinking:

1) "I don't see what the big deal is about 9/11"
2) "Honestly who gives a shit it was 15 years ago"
3) "I'm going to just listen to this album for what it is, and if it doesn't make me feel anything, it's shit."

--which is a great way to hate an album. You've decided at the outset that you already don't care or feel anything about the cultural touchstone its referencing (a touchstone that, let's be honest, you never really identified with to begin with) and then you listen to the album skeptically, hardened, and distant.

If you listen to an album that way, you shouldn't be surprised when it doesn't click.

It clicked for me. It's a very solid expression of collective trauma. The concept is so clear and so digestible that I didn't even really have to try to like it. Some of you have already said this, it's not a hard piece to "get."

If you get it and it doesn't click, maybe the things the album's addressing don't really matter to you.

>muh 9/11 wow so emoshinul ;_; nevr fogiv nevr foget

The point isn't that the Disintegration Loops are bad art, or that people "don't get it" if they aren't superimposing their feelings about a colossal tragedy onto this five second loop. The real problem with the DL's has nothing to do with the music.

The problem Basinski used a tragedy to sell records. He could've written something that surpassed the great classical composers, it wouldn't change the fact that he used 9/11 as a marketing gimmick. The fact that the music sucks taken in and of itself just drives home that the only reason anyone cares about Basinski is because he slapped the WTC on the cover of his Soundcloud-tier ambient album.

I'm glad someone posts this every time this fucking album gets brought up.

Its shit but the wordless music orchestra's arranged version of dlp 1.1 is wonderful if you have the time to listen to the same phrase for 48 minutes straight

youtube.com/watch?v=M3Y-Dccc5ns