1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Does the average person in your country know about America dropping nuclear bombs on Japan in WWII?
3. If so what does the average person in your country think about it? Was it the right thing or the wrong thing to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11728044
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. sbain
2. yes
3. most people think it was a very bad thing to do

bump

1. Noway
2. Yes
3. Bad, the Americans were evil for using such an indiscriminate weapon in civilian centers.
(However in the academic circles you'll find much more refined and well thought answers for and against.)
T. Thinks the bombs were necessary

Flag
Yes
It is widely considered an historic crime

1. Uk
2. A lot
3. Probably think it was justified

1. Belarus.
2. Yes.
3. They typically don't care, but it is brought up whenever America accuses anyone else of war crimes.

1. NL
2. Yes
3. Nobody questions it. Japan is known for its warcrimes here so people believe they deserved it 100%. Before Sup Forums I didn't even know Americans questioned the bombs on Japan.

1. Africa
2. Yes
3.Don't care

>"During the war "annihilationist and exterminationalist rhetoric" was tolerated at all levels of U.S. society; according to the British embassy in Washington the Americans regarded the Japanese as "a nameless mass of vermin". Caricatures depicting Japanese as less than human, e.g. monkeys, were common. A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of "killing off" all Japanese men, women, and children."
So this helps set the mood for the whole thing.

Furthermore it's evident that the Japanese feared incendiary bombs far more, since they knew what an atomic blast looked like when they reported hiroshima had been struck by a nuclear weapon and had their own program. They knew how expensive it would be to produce them and they knew that they preferred that the US kept sinking money into those kinds of weapons.

The summoning to the council of japanese ministers to discuss surrender was conveyed before nagasaki was struck, but quite a while after hiroshima, at least in emergency meeting terms, and it's generally acknowledged that the Soviet Union declaring war on Japan and invading was by far the most important factor in the decision to surrender, since Japan was hoping to fight off the americans long enough for Stalin to broker a peace deal.

The dropping of atomic weapons was most definitely a war crime, and not even a "justifiable" one since it happened mostly because the US wanted to test it's new toy.

1 japan
2 yes
3 right thing

1. Brazil
2. Yes
3. That was a terrible thing! But Japaneses doesn't seem to care, so it's ok.

>3 right thing
...wut? how do we justify that?

>how do we justify that?
Saved more lives because america would have to go through every Japanese person to get to the Emperor.

I'm aware that it's told in the US, but as far as I know not here.

1. Britain
2. Yes
3. Most think it was sadly necessary

I don't, personally.

Ugh i hate my generation...

>test it's new toy.
The first one on Hiroshima used uranium 235, and the second on Nagasaki used plutonium 239. Yes, it was experimental.

That's a survey on American population.
We'll always love America for having opened up its market to us and made our economy big in a short period of time.

>That's a survey on American population.

Yeah that just occurred to me

1. Russia
2. Yes
3. Majority are just dont care about, some guys found this was right move cuz ~60% learned about the Nanjing massacre in school. And ~30% thinking that USA is a world evil (msm)

We are dealing with something here that happened many years before I was even born. So I don't think the right thing is to reach back into history and to seek out things you can apologise for.
I think the right thing is to acknowledge what happened, to recall what happened, to show respect and understanding for what happened.
We ought to pay respect to those who lost their lives, to remember what happened, to learn the lessons, to reflect on the fact that those who were responsible were rightly criticised, to learn from the bad and to cherish the good.

bump

Flag
Yes
Generally yes, but I've seen a few assholes try to argue that Nagasaki wasn't necessary

1. korea
2. yes
3. Japan deserved it. There's nothing wrong about that.

1) Flag
2) Everyone who made it past grade 7 knows about it.
3) Most people consider it a necessary evil, although a new wave of leftism seems to have made more people consider it morally wrong - not for a legitimate reason (ex. US gov't knew they would be killing many civilians when there were better targets which could have ended the war), but out of a sense of hatred for the white man's past, especially when in conflict with other nationalities.

1) Flag
2) Yes
3) Hiroshima is widely seen as a necessary evil, while Nagasaki is often considered a bit excessive

wtf I hate norway now but love you

1. Flag
2. yes
3. Condemn it usually.

How do we save canada from the new wave?

I would have thought finns with their war experience would understand the sad necessities of war ;_;

dropping nuclear bombs is the greatest war crime

We're as fucked as Sweden, if not more so.

I only take some satisfaction in knowing that some fellow anglosphere nations still have hope, even if Canadians are doomed.

yeah
it stopped WWII

Soviet Union
Yes
It was a wrong thing to do since america purposely targeted civilians

I Don't care. Just as personal opinion i'd say it was inhumane to draw such a card out and finns never terrorized locals or such when pushing to soviet land, actually we gave POW's easy jobs and good food and many actually said they'd rather stay prisoners than actually go back. :D. I find it rather disgusting that warfare in the last 100 years has evolved so much around terrorizing and not actually fighting.

It saved Japan from the communists coming in and making the whole place east Germany, but with less Japanese people

In the US there were Nazi POWs that helped on farms and were friendly with the locals

What the fuck, guys
Great allies

Soviet Union
Yes, it's a common knowledge
Everyone hates America and uses this fact to prove that Americans are faggots.

>has evolved so much around terrorizing and not actually fighting

Unsurprisingly it's difficult to get humans to kill each other just because the government tells them to.

Acts of terror are just another propaganda tool. For example soldiers would often turn a blind eye to enemies during WW1, then mustard gas shelling became a thing which cultivated sheer hatred between each other.

How is Canada more fucked than Sweden? I thought Sweden had the most rapes in Europe or something like that. Canada doesn't seem so bad tbqh other than rampant sjwism.

1. Flag
2. Yes, they do
3. It is viewed as a war crime, especially strong among the older demographics

1. S.Korea
2. Yes
3. Korean average people think thanks to dropping nuclear bombs got a liberation from Japan's compulsory annex.

Back from thanksgiving night and realized I forgot this part...

4. Do you personally think the atomic bombings were right or wrong?
strawpoll.me/11728044
strawpoll.me/11728044
strawpoll.me/11728044

Wrong

the fact humans did it horrifies me

>Hi! Is indiscriminate killing right or wrong? Please fill up this form

lol as expected of the white devil

1. The best one on Earth
2. I doubt it.
3. I think they're either ignorant of the fact or they blindly lash out against it. Personally, I'm not proud of what we did, but if you look at the alternatives, it was probably the better option.

1. japan
2. yep
3. personally dat was right but most ppl think wrong