What albums do I have to listen to understand the development of post-rock as a genre...

What albums do I have to listen to understand the development of post-rock as a genre? What I'm really looking for are "proto post-rock" albums and bands that literally started to change the whole scenes back in the early 90s.

You start with Spirit of Eden

Faust and krautrock as a whole are generally accepted to be the precursors of post-rock.

Will listening to it tonight.
I already did hear both LS and SOE.
So... Can, Faust, Neu! and so on, am I right? I guess I'll start with Tago Mago, I have literally no initation in krautrock whatsoever

tortoise - millions now living will never die

dirty three - ocean songs

Glenn Branca - The Ascension
Glenn Branca - Lesson #1
Henry Cow

PLEASE listen to d.i go pop

amazing album

Probably the earliest example of proto-post-rock

these albums are shit

not op but this is the coolest album cover i've ever seen and the tags sound fucking sick

dl'ing now

pink floyd animals reminds me a lot of Post Rock

The most important post-rock album next to Spirit Of Eden, Laughing Stock, and Soundtracks For The Blind

Also, OP, give a listen to Codename Dustsucker (even tho it's a relatively newer album). And Independency.

Tago Mago takes some time to fully appreciate imo. Listen to Future Days if your immediate reaction was "well that was shit"

don't listen to trash

I agree with D.I but what kind of moron do you have to be to dislike In a Silent Way?

Basically OP, SoE and LS are the only Post Rock albums worth your time, but Hollis' influences are worth listening to

>not including Hex
Meme opinion discarded

Hex is Laughing Stock minus the interesting stuff and with that godawful singing that sounds like a shitty indie band singer

t b h

>Hex is Laughing Stock
>godawful singing
>indie band
Like i said, meme opinion discarded.