Black Americans, why do you call your children Jamal? It's EXTREMELY retarded. First of all, it's an Arabic name...

Black Americans, why do you call your children Jamal? It's EXTREMELY retarded. First of all, it's an Arabic name. Arabs in Africa were mostly a slavers hated by local population (read about the genocide of Arabs in Zanzibar, watch the movie "Farewell, Africa!"). Second, this Arabic name belongs to people like Gamal Abdel Nasser (picreleated), who are Arabs, not blacks. You don't only use names of oppressors and slavers but you use names of people of different race.
What's the point in it? Use traditional African names, people.

Sure, when you stop giving your children greek names.

Not all of the Arabs interactions with black Africans was hostile. For example, Islam came to west Africa because Muslims brought literacy with them to the area. There was the trans Saharan trade too, which brought plenty of cultural sharing.

And about Nasser, he literally considered Sudanese/Nubians to be the same people as Egyptians. iirc he was born in Sudan too.

>implying russian language and the alphabet and culture doesn't find many roots in Greek

Every country uses greek names you stupid frog.

Yeah you retarded faggot that's the point you retarded faggot fag, it's rooted in religion just like in christian countries.
>because Muslims brought literacy with them
That's wrong but they did bring the quite efficient arab script.

>And about Nasser, he literally considered Sudanese/Nubians to be the same people as Egyptians.
OK I went back and re read where I originally heard that. He didn't exactly say the were the same people, but nonetheless he considered them more like brothers I guess. Because WE meme all you want, Egyptians and the Sudanese are closely related.

>it's rooted in religion just like in christian countries

niggers aren't muslim in america

The names in western Africa are and they're imported from there.

>niggers aren't muslim in america
25% our Muslims (although Muslims are less than 1% of the total population) are African American converts desu.

You're not Black American. Also Greek names in Russian stem from orthodoxy which was brought here from Greece. African Americans are Christians mostly so it's not the case for them, they aren't Muslims to use Arab names.
It's not an argument. Europeans brought literacy too, but it doesn't justify slavery and colonialism.
Also he considered Sudanese Arabs because they are close culturally to Egyptians, obviously he didn't consider people from Congo or Ghana Arabs.

Mate, they just use western african names and guess what, western african nobility mass converted to islam spreading muslim names that were then exported to the US.

Wow. I didn't know we were getting policed by Russians now

>but it doesn't justify slavery and colonialism.
I didn't mean to imply that it did. But Arab imperialism was a bit different than European colonialism. The Arabs that were enslaving blacks were not the ones trying to spread Islam in sub Saharan Africa, and the Arabs trying to spread Islam weren't the ones enslaving blacks. Islam forbids slavery of other Muslims, so you sort of had two factions of Muslims working against each other. Where as with European colonialism, the colonialists often had the intent of spreading Christianity as well, although their primary objective was purely economic and spreading Christianity was just a shitty side justification they came up with. So with Arabs, they could have spread literacy and stuff to west Africa without the imperialism/slave trade, but most Europeans weren't interested in bringing literacy to Africa without colonialism (although a few missionaries did act on their own to bring literacy to Africa, but they were sometimes banned by colonial governments since they preached against the slave trade and stuff).

To be fair, not all west Africans were Muslim. iirc only 15% of slaves in America were originally Muslim. IMO, if African Americans want to get in touch with their African side, they should accept that Islamic and non Islamic culture is part of their heritage.

>not all west Africans were Muslim.
Never implied anything else.

Moreover, well, Mali, Senegal etc are mostly Muslim countries but many countries like Ghana or Burkina Faso are majority Christian also Nigeria), not talking about the rest of Africa which is predominantly Christian. So using names of other religion and nation is stupid. Arab slavery wasn't that severe as European yet it was slavery.
They aren't Muslim almost everywhere except some countries bordering Sahara and Arabs in Africa. Christianity is literally the black religion now.

>fug jaysuhs
Well, saying things like that literally exiles you from Islam because Jesus is considered second great prophet after Muhammad and saying shit about him makes you not Muslim the moment you say it.

I don't know too many people named Jamal unless they're from the ghetto. We called my sister's boyfriend Jamal as a nickname but it wasn't serious. Names like that have fallen out of vogue sometime ago.

t. African American

You're right, I should update the meme.

>Arab slavery wasn't that severe

You could argue about this one tho. Arabs and berbers were pretty ruthless pirates and slavers in the mediteranean for like almost 1000 years before put down by France and such. For example if i remember correclty there's an folksong in iceland about turkish pirates taking away the women. Ain't that just quacking grazy?

Well the meme is about a "clueless" muslim.

Black Americans have a fucked situation where their only heritage is a nebulous connection to Africa, a certain connection to slavery, and a comparatively shallow pool of 150 years or so of trying to get by. The pre-slave cultures were suppressed and destroyed almost completely, with some remnants surviving only in Gullah islander folk songs in Georgia.

The result is that any names they pick for their children are going to be without much history or connection to their culture today. This is why random scrambled sound names like Bonqueesha are popular, because fuck it what's holding a parent back? History? Nope.

Interesting question btw. I would say Arabs didn't use slavery that massively as Americans (because they had the other structure of feudal economy) and their methods weren't that cruel like western slave ships where nearly 40% of people died during the trip. But both are slavery and it's disgusting.
Because of 9/11 and tensions Americans have now with Arabs?

my name is jamal
not DJUMAAAL MUH NIGGA

Yeah, true every word. But i'd also like to add that muslim slaves were often given to Harems. for sultans or local lords. That's kinda nasty. But yeah, as you said just pretty nasty stuff all in all.

Well, there are African religions like voodoo and you can name your children after popular African politicians, peoples of Africa (I've heard there are black name Ashanti) and so.
Also there are Ethiopians who are black orthodoxes, lol, so they can use Ethiopian names, especially with all these things about Jamaica and rastafari.
I've read an article in pravoslavie.ru about priest converting black people to orthodoxy presenting it as a first African religion, with no connections to slavery and so.

People here are missing a fact that slavery in western Africa was common and accepted. It's the normal fate of defeating your enemies or crushing a rebel village to reduce its population in slavery.
That said slaves werent treated always like shit, many functionaries in western African kingdoms were rich slaves and some slaves grew so powerful that they were able to do coup to establish themselves as kings.
West Africa is complicated and full of nuances.

Weren't they castrated though ? Seems like it would get in the way of a harem.

Doesn't it sound like Gamel in your dialect?
Also yes, one Arab guy told me he felt frustrated of the situation when Blacks steal Arab names so it is becoming associated with Black people and not Arabs. His name was Hussein and he often encountered retarded Westerners thinking he has Black ancestors because of Barack Hussein Obama being black.
>slaves were often given to Harems. for sultans or local lords
Well, I think having your black boipucci banged is better than working in a field experiencing famine. Also it's stupid to call it Muslim slavery because those were Arabs. Tatars or Malaysians didn't participate in it.

Some men would be made eunuchs yeah, and they'd have to help around the harem, but the women weren't obviously

The black ones? yeah. Don't know about the european slaves tho. My guess would be they were considered hot stuff even back then.

Yeah sorry meant Arab.

Told you Trump was a puppet!

Of course it was normal in the early feudal society. We had very complex system of slavery here too. But it doesn't justify slavers, especially slavers who came from other society, more developed feudal society where slavery was more violent.

What's a common black name?

Dave

Jake, Cody, tanner

Tyrone.

hue

Robert

Why are American names so much worse than British?

Does every person with Christian name have to be Christian?

Jeez the autism here.

>Juan in charge of names.

I'm British, and Spanish names are pretty cool anyway, especially Basques.

>I'm British
>Nigel in charge of names.

What's the source on the first half?

Never met a Nigel, sorry to break it to you DeAndre Raybans Freeman Hernandez III

Saved

Kinda pissed that I'll never be able to name my son Jamal or name my daughter Aysha because black people here ghetto'd things up.

Bunch of other names that black people here use, too.

No different then them taking european names here in the west like jackson barboza ristie gordeau rodriguez depending on who enslaved them.

Now lets talk about how you guys are still call slavs deprived from slaves. Your use of greek alphabet and taking foreign names like alex like in western europe.

Hey stop using a trip I need to be able to impersonate you and make people think you want gay sex

Mufasa simba pumba dagum joha

He already said that Russian use of Greek names are largely due to religious (Orthodoxy) ties. The vast majority of blacks in the U.S are not Muslim whatsoever.

Anyway, Greeks took a lot of shit from Semitic cultures too. They're not some God-like innovative thinkers. Half their alphabet is a copy-paste of Phoenician and South Arabian alphabets, as is Greco-Roman theology. Heck, even Christianity came from Semitic people too kek.

>"i will no longer be able to project my innermost desires onto you"

ooga booga where the blond twinks at

False equivalence, that implies American blacks and their stupid names have some sort of legitimate cultural connection with africa. But they dont, they're completely artificial.

wow emerti youre super gay lol im gonna go tell my friends and family about your stupid gay ass

Most American names are pretty awful.
Americanised surnames are worse lol Guillard to Gaylord? America is the graveyard of names.

t. America, the loyalist version

Yeah but mostly blacks are named gay and Gaylord.