Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_BFCM_1a1?node=8885530011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

私は実はゲイではない

Nippon ichi.

I pray the day will come when we are freed from the grasp of shitty mods and return to our homeland.

loving how fast these threads die now

This isn't right.

Make it stop

If I report this thread for being off topic, do you think the mods might understand that these threads need to be brought home?

this is ruined soon

I give you an advice: you don't reply to Japs

This is the result of your idiocy. The more you spam Sup Forums, the stronger the anti-DJT sentiment on MY board (which is clearly not YOUR board) becomes.

Maybe moving to Sup Forums wasn't so bad after all, because now it's easier than ever to identify the problem.

I would never even come to this shithole board if it weren't for the mods. I don't want to be here. No one wants to be here.

I've seen Korean/Mandarin learning thread a few times here. Mods are likely to ignore the report.

read the global rules. you arent entitled to have some shitty recuring thread on any board. last thing int needs is an another fucking general thread so please do fuck off of this platform altogether.

Are you a Sup Forums moderator?

finished katakana and hiragana after a few days; is this a considerable achievement or does it dwarf in comparison with whats to come?

>MY board (which is clearly not YOUR board)

It's important, but much, much easier than any other part of this language.

>much, much
;_;

Whatever problem Sup Forums is having that warranted this would probably be solved by the /qa/ Sup Forumsnons and Sup Forums mods fucking off to reddit *cough*
Literally up until they pulled this shit I actively defended the current iteration of Sup Forums as "still better than '08-'09!" Nope. 11/22/16, the day Sup Forums hit a new low.

>*action*

@67852132
Shut the fuck up and stop acting like a retard. If DJT was the only reason you came to Sup Forums, you can start a Japanese thread on /r9k/ or Sup Forums or whichever shithole you crawled out of to blog about your Anki progress.

Wow, they really kicked these over to Sup Forums? Can't really see these threads taking off here...

Anyway, my reading is getting pretty good, barely need to use the text hooker, but I still suck at listening and rely on subtitles a lot when watching anime. This happen to anyone else?

hey if it makes you feel any better most people don't even past hiragana in my experience. Anytime someone asks me how to learn japanese I tell them to learn hiragana and they never ever get past it. So good for you user :)

It's like learning the alphabet.

sudacas and other weeb trash out

im an user like anyone else and general threads are an eyesore that dont belong on Sup Forums and they should had been percecuted the moment they started to surface, period. now every retard can go "its part of the board culture because we have been engaging in this dubious and questionable habit for years so it should remain untouched!" I hate you.

>I've seen Korean/Mandarin learning thread a few times here
Maybe because Sup Forums is supposed to be about language learning?
Those are the threads that should be on this board and not these dogshit generals

>@67852132
This is some next level shit, son.

In a way, it's less than the alphabet since it's lacking the kanji.

>im an user like anyone else
Yes, it was a rhetorical question. Notice how the mods are deleting posts here but leaving the thread up.

I used to browse the old DJT on Sup Forums when I first started learning Japanese a while back, it was pretty useful for learning how to go about learning the language, and the importance of reading native material, etc.

But that's pretty much the only use it had. Once you start to improve at the language you don't really feel the need to browse it anymore and I suspect that's what most people do.

All it was was just a bunch of nerds posting their Anki graphs to brag about getting 98% and showing off all their mature cards.

Thought I'd share this here while I'm at it.
amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_BFCM_1a1?node=8885530011
Amazon is offering $10 off $25+ for books with free shipping, using promo code "HOLIDAYBOOK". If you need something to top you off, look up "Dover Thrift Editions" for some cheap filler books.

I just used it to buy a dictionary. (I also had a $5 gift card).

>subs say 混沌
>character says 翻弄
助けろ

Your spelling is what's atrocious.
What kind of threads do you like? Please describe them for me.

I wonder what would happen if we tried to make our thread on Sup Forums but stayed on topic. The one that just went up than down only had posts about this drama before it was gone; the op and my post at the last second not included.

Why does the guide suggest that learning the radicals early on is lazy? Seems like rushing to increase your kanji vocabulary is (relatively) lazy if anything.

I hope the (((mod))) likes this one

no because I watched cartoons all the time for listening practice

Could you quote that part of the guide; I'm too lazy to look it up.

I don't think I can comment on that though because I went through RTK and I can't undue that to know what it's like to brute force vocab. 残念

what are the pro's of a physical dictionary vs an online one?

when the binding starts to fall apart you know youve done your due diligence

If you have a blackout and your phone is flat you can read it under candle-light.

いいぞ

Pretty great for book fetishists. Nice and heavy.
Think he should have gotten the real kodansha dictionary instead of the learner's one though, that one's 2000+ pages.

I was just going to say the exact same thing minus the phone is flat part.
Also 古い本はいい匂いがする or something.

• Being able to flip through it physically.
• You can search for things you have no idea how to type (although drawing the character sometimes works in some programs).
• Depending on your online source, definitions from physical ones are usually more accurate.
• Not reliant on a power source or an internet connection
• Don't have to minimize screen if looking up a character from a game

>drawing the character sometimes works in some programs
It actually works 100% of the time in google translate of all programs, given you know stroke order.
Stroke order's not that tough to pick up though.

>• Being able to flip through it physically.
Ok
>• You can search for things you have no idea how to type (although drawing the character sometimes works in some programs).
I think you need to learn how to search using operators and phrases. Digital has the upper hand with this aspect.
>• Depending on your online source, definitions from physical ones are usually more accurate.
Seriously? I have a hard time believing that this could be true. Are you just comparing it to sites like the wwwjdic and jisho.org?
>• Not reliant on a power source or an internet connection
Huge plus for paper.
>• Don't have to minimize screen if looking up a character from a game
You could always have another computer or tablet.

I cannot make out the shit on the left at all, and going by radicals isn't helping me. Anyone have any ideas, or good resources for helping me learn to make out shorthand/shitty handwriting?

Dude you don't even need to know the stroke order for google translate.

It looks like こんな半端な時期に

こんな半端な時期に

try this.

>real kodansha dictionary instead
You're probably right. But I don't want to spend too much money right now until I get further along. Plus, the full one's a hardcover brick.

I just stuck 半端 in my deck a few days ago, I knew it looked familiar. Thank you.

meant to reply to you too.

Hardcover bricks are nice though. Depending on your method of shelving they can pull double duty as valuable bookends.

With more complex stuff it lets you get away with drawing ugly shit easier.
People complain about it not working for them occasionally so you've got to specify that stroke order plays into it.

Is the learner's one not hardcover?
I really don't like big books that are paperback. I bought a copy of infinite jest paperback and that thing looks like shit now.
I guess dictionaries take less damage than novels through regular use though.

ネトウヨ降臨ktkrwwwwwwwww
どうする気か(笑)

This is just sad. I'm reporting posts, the mod is doing his job, and you're using that as an excuse to shitpost about DJT.

It's paperback. I honestly prefer paperback because for the literal flexiblity. They just feel more comfortable, meaning that I'm more likely to use it. The big trade off is that they obviously wear down easily.

What the hell, did they really tell us to fuck off to int?
Didn't browse /djt/ for 2 days, please tell me that's a joke.

More like kicked us off
We haven't actually been **told** anything on the matter yet

I feel like there is only a small minority against /djt/ on Sup Forums and once they get bored we should be able to go back. If we were to try right now they would just instigate shit that would encourage off topic posting.

Fucking mods, looking forward to flag related shitposting while we are on Sup Forums.
I'm not optimistic to be honest, shit just gets worse on Sup Forums lately, nothing changes for the better.

>More like kicked us off
Given the widest margins of any general yet you still decided to bite the hand which feeds.
You were overstaying guests who threw the お茶漬け in the face of your hosts.

Hot damn, I knew it was the same guy this whole time.
You can hide in /qa/ and in innocent Sup Forums threads
but you can't hide on Sup Forums.

Everything went to shit when you faggots started waifu wars with the OP. If we stuck with picture related we'd still be in Sup Forums.

at least talk about japanese instead of trying to start another weird and kind of dated argument

You know, it's a little hard to samefag with the flags and all.

I don't know, personally I liked this one better. Maybe we should have made it the official OP. Who's with me?

So how do you lads read your manga?

Laptop? Desktop? Paper? eBook reader? Tablet?

I just found an old kindle I had and am going through the rigors of tagging and converting a bunch of stuff I want to read to the viable format.

Different people. I'm just venting as I'm still annoyed about this.

The other Australian is just being a cunt.

As long as the OP image says DJT in it I couldn't give less of a fuck.

why are you annoyed about it
anyway my post was skillfully crafted to account for you being a different person because the sentiment applies regardless of who you are

>another day on Sup Forums
>another day without comfy japanese learning method discussion

I read on my laptop when I'm not moving and my phone when I am

Manga on a phone is kind of painful but image scan LNs work fine. Hate dealing with ebook formats.
As a sort of pyrrhic bonus, relying on the dictionary has given me a lot of typing practice with the swipe keyboard.

I have a tablet, but it is only 7" which I think is too small for comfortable reading. I usually read on the desktop, but I hate having to zoom in and scroll. I'm probably getting a monitor arm for Christmas so I can just turn my monitor sideways when I read manga. That seems like a perfect solution.

Fuck off sakura, that shitposting in February was all you.

Laptop usually, I have some on my phone but reading on a 5" screen sucks.

Desktop usually.
I've read some on my phone while traveling but it's not great because of how small it is.
A tablet would be nice.

おはようおにいちゃん

いっしょにしゅくだいしよ

おねえちゃんでしょ

体育の宿題ならいいぜ

ひとりでしなさい

たぬき...

きつね…

ねぎ…

ぎっちょ

ぎりのいもうと…

貯金