So, the only real complaints against this album or Tame Impala's music in general is that it's repetitive...

So, the only real complaints against this album or Tame Impala's music in general is that it's repetitive, borrows on the past too much, and bland?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/6nhb9b8a0yfn5a0/yep.mp3?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are those somehow not legitimate complaints?

Yeah those are the main things that are wrong with it

I wish they were more experimental and more willing to push the boundaries of psychedelia, but they seem quite comfortable to straddle the pop line.

Whatever, they're still pretty dope live.

They're from the same country that gave us King Gizzard, they have no excuse to be as mediocre as they all

>repetitive
sometimes but in songs like Why Won't They Talk To Me its perfectly fine
>borrows on the past too much
yes, true
>bland
nah fa.m
lyrics aside, they're probably the best band of the decade

>tame impala

dropbox.com/s/6nhb9b8a0yfn5a0/yep.mp3?dl=0

Some people have said my music sounds like Tame Impala.

king gizzard is the poor mans tame impala

Clearly they haven't heard apocalypse dreams on vinyl

DUDE

>implying those aren't valid criticisms

They are. But why is modern psych rock/pop so vulnerable to this type of criticism? Almost every new psychedelic sounding band gets labelled disingenuous, meanwhile some completely unoriginal indie/noise rock or post-punk band rehashing Sonic Youth and The Jesus Lizard seems impervious to this complaint. I want answers.

Name some more modern psyche bands that get the same label?

Give some examples of rehashed Sonic Youth/Jesus Lizard clones.

the post-women scene in canada maybe

Dungen, Deerhunter, Pond, King Gizzard, Of Montreal, Wand.

My Sonic Youth/JL comment was confusing, sorry. I'm simply referring to modern indie bands that seem exempt from the criticism Tame Impala gets despite being just as generic. Bands like Arcade Fire, The Strokes and Radiohead after Amnesiac.

but that scene is indeed fantastic

More like Lame Impala haha

singer sounds like john lemon too, but a shit one that probably would get beat up by toko ono

Is there a better album which sounds like Lonerism?

you mean the sort of pokemon psych for bedwetters?

nah it's pretty niche

nope but idiots will claim that an album from the 60s is better disregarding the pristine production that's found on lonerism bc of lack of originality which is [spoiler] a joke [/spoiler]

could randomly pick an album from 1967 and it will be better produced than Faggerism

do it then kid i've yet to see it posted if it exists despite the narrative

easily one of the best psych pop albums in existence & could go toe to toe with any 60s predecessor contrary to the opinion of a large portion *cough* hivemend *cough* of this board

kek

you must know a lot of music eh

that was meant unfiguratively.

confirmed listened to more psych than a newfriend like yourself

your pokemon psych doesn't count

it's like saying you like rock music while all you do is listen to coldplay and john mayer

>that was meant unfiguratively
it's sad that u hold such an inaccurate opinion. but i hear u. enjoy being ignorant

it is sad that "people" think Gayerism is some kind of psych masterpiece, while any third rate band in 1968 sharted out better albums than Blowerism

quite wrong but i'd love for you to actually prove your point instead of relying on buzz terms like pokemon psych lmfao kys

post one kid holy lmfao i've been waiting this entire thread and all you'd rather do is talk about how you're right you're a moron

>pokemon psych
Just made that up. Quite ironic that a Tame Impala fan does not recognise nor appreciate originality.

Really makes me think.*

*I didn't make this one up

nah can't be arsed

>so the only real complaints
>lists elements that literally ruin any album

It's ok user, we're just listening to some really bland music!