Why don't Americans like hockey more? It's fast, violent and even includes sanctioned fighting...

Why don't Americans like hockey more? It's fast, violent and even includes sanctioned fighting. Yet it's still somehow the least popular of the four major leagues.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gfD134ED54
nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/hockey-harlem-teaches-inner-city-kids-ice-hockey-article-1.1752408
youtube.com/watch?v=IFhvnmX__aE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can't see the puck during most of the game, only on replays desu

because it looks like a bunch of guys having an ice scraping contest with their fiddlesticks.

It's a Climate sport

They only like the sports they dominate.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gfD134ED54

lel

enter the year 2010 and stop using a shit monitor or tv

It's my favorite sport.

If casual cucks don't want to watch it it's no skin off my ass

Not many Americans play the game as kids.

You don't want Americans to play, it will end up getting nig infested.

Blacks just aren't good at hockey actually

You can barely see the puck

Many reasons, but mainly because most Americans live in the warmer parts of the country where the game is less a part of the culture.

I've answered this so many times thoroughly so I don't want to type it out again. Everybody will say something true though and it's a combination of all of that

>can't see a black puck on white ice

they pass the puck at like 80mph dude. it's hard to see.

Ok grandpa.

It's one of the only sports that is somewhat popular in both Europe and North America

nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/hockey-harlem-teaches-inner-city-kids-ice-hockey-article-1.1752408

The countdown to dindu infestation of hockey is about 5-8 years now desu senpai

Just as (((they))) wanted

Not seeing the puck is a non-argument, after watching three or full games you know where it is. For someone completely unknown to the game yeah ok, but after you get to know the sport it's easy to follow.

WE WUNT DIVERSITY IN OUR SPORTZ

That's why OP.

It's because during fall, most Americans watch NFL and then after NFL season is over the NBA runs at the same time as the NHL. Hockey is still the best tho.

Great, you won once. This year Russia teared USA apart 7-2

you're not serious about that, right Pekka?

you don't have to constantly see the puck to know where it is

By the time hockey got big here, there were already 3 other sports which were well-established. Just like soccer, hockey just showed up too late.

It's weird to see this kind of comment repeated over and over, as though the entire nation has consciously decided to care or not care about certain sports. You just grow up with it, I'm sure that's why you people enjoy hockey and russian roulette

not the most popular sport here but the ones that do follow are hardcore about it

this is correct
>implying
it takes thousands and thousands of dollars for hockey equipment every year while a kid is growing up

>USA wins one game against a virtually untouchable Russian squad for over a decade
>USA is dominant
Fucking laughable.

poorly marketed and known as the "white" sport. Which means sjws, hipsters, niggs, chicanos etc refuse to watch it.

They pretend its not like this, but it is.

Despite requiring a ton of skill, it's an extremely crude sport and not every entertaining.

99% of hockey is: Dump the puck. Scrum on boards. Kick it back to the point. Shoot through traffic on net. Get sloppy rebound goal.

The only somewhat creative play occurs on power plays but even that gets predictable.

If it were 3v3 like in NHL regular season OT it might actually get ratings.

Right now it just isn't dynamic enough.

I grew up in farmtown Southern Indiana and we still had hockey leagues.

They exist across the country, most Americans simply don't look for them.

>ics skates

What are you a FAAAAAAAG???

because no one in 80% of the country says "HMM ITS FUCKING NICE OUTSIDE, LET ME JUST GO INSIDE TO A HOCKEY RINK"

only yuropoors have shit climate enough to play this sport

Because non-whites rarely play it

Areas where it's natural to play it (northern states) it's more popular. In Massachusetts, New York (especially upstate), Michigan, Minnesota, etc it's one of the more popular sports.

The trick is introducing hockey to a lot of the states where it rarely freezes over enough to skate. Having NHL teams in those areas has helped build interest in the sport which builds up rinks and kids playing.

The most likely #1 pick is going to be a dude from Arizona. That would have never happened 20 years ago.

Still much more exciting than divegrass

What the fuck are you talking about. Hockey is only really big in Russia, Finland and Sweden in Europe.

This, also hockey gear is very expensive

You forgot Czechoslovakia

What the fuck did you say?

>amateur hockey

Lol

It goes Canadians>Americans>Russians>Who cares in term of good players

no beautiful black buttocks to fap to

"I cant see the puck" is a lazy excuse considering hd tvs are dirt fucking cheap now. If you care to watch even a small amount its very easy to learn the flow of the game and anticipate puck movement anyway.

>defenseman carrying puck
>motions with stick to top side of ice
>camera following forward now who is moving down the ice

Simple

This is the correct reason. Equipment costs are already prohibitive, add on to that the fact that there arent many ice rinks outside of the northeast and Midwest, AND that youth teams can only get ice times at fucking ass o clock every day, and many kids dont bother playing. You can go down to a playground anywhere and play basketball or a field and emulate football or soccer, or make a makeshift baseball diamond, but hockey is pretty inacessible. And if you dont play it as a kid, or have a culture that cares about it, why care about it later?

Hockey is very accessible to those in the northeast or midwest but many densely populated areas in the US cant play it

Its too fast and its hard to realize what guys that dont have the puck are doing or why they're doing it. Its also hard to appreciate unless you've played and realize how ridiculously difficult the shit pros do regularly is to actually do

Please, no more American fans

Hockey fans are such bitches these days. They clamour on and on about how they want every player to wear a live mic but they get triggered when they notice someone said "faggot". People hate Clarke for his heroic actions in 1972

The NHL somehow attracted every Nu-male and communist in the USA.

I miss the pre-lockout years. It hasn't been the same since then

I agree with this. I probably sound like a retard being all contrarian as a American but the only reason Shaw got suspended for that was a fear of outside pressure from bullshit special interest groups and twitter warriors. Its fucking sad that even a sport like this has to cater to the softies of the world.

Still baffles me calling someone a mean name is looked at as equally (or worse) than trying to injure or hurt somebody.

List of NHL Entry Draft Number One Selection by place of birth
2015: Connor McDavid: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
2014: Aaron Ekblad: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
2013: Nathan MacKinnon: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
2012: Nail Yakupov: Nizhnekamsk, Russia
2011: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
2010: Taylor Hall: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2009: John Tavares: Missisauga, Ontario, Canada
2008: Steven Stamkos: Markham, Ontario, Canada
2007: Patrick Kane: Buffalo, New York, United States
2006: Erik Johnson: Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
2005: Sidney Crosby: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
2004: Alexander Ovechkin: Moscow, Russia
2003: Marc-André Fleury: Sorel-Tracy, Québec, Canada
2002: Rick Nash: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
2001: Ilya Kovalchuk: Kalinin, Russia
2000: Rick DiPietro: Winthrop, Massachusetts, United States

Yeah my bad. How could I forget.

Why don't americans like handball? Instead of trying to put the ball in a small, feminine hole like in basketball you throw it hard as fuck. It would literary be the perfect sport for all them athletic negroes playing basketball.

youtube.com/watch?v=IFhvnmX__aE

I've wondered this as well. It has all the physical qualities you'd need for basketball (running, jumping, explosivity etc.) without needing to be crazy tall.

Bill plays hockey

At least you tried

I wasn't implying anything, just posted that list to illustrate your point.

White northern Americans love hockey. It's just the southern white trash, nigs, and spics who dont like it

>USA is declining
Must be all the Mexicans

I couldn't play it as a kid even though i wanted to because there were no ice rinks nearby and the equipment was expensive so i didn't grow up watching it

i havent seen a single hockey game since 04

Because Americans are cucks and they enjoy watching black men.

I always assumed that Americans don't watch hockey or divegrass because you have to pay attention somewhat.
With baseball, basketball, and 100 yard armor orgy, you can wake up from your food coma, look at the scoreboard and maybe one or two other stats that are constantly displayed on the overlay, and immediately get a feel for the current state of the game.

self-hating americans are so pathetic.

also 100 yard armor orgy is probably the most complex of the sports mentioned while divegrass/povertyball can be played by 3 year olds

i'd say it's because it starts during football season and ends during baseball season

so does basketball but americans watch that

total audience strongly disagrees.
Also the fact that hockey has a hard time pulling audiences in country like Brazil,that are starting to catch up on the american sports

There are actually people who didn't play Wayne Gretzky hockey and Ken Griffey jr's slugfest on n64 as a child?

it's never going to get big in south america because it's a winter sport and it's hot down there

>Le niggers and goatfuckers like my sport better fallacy

>cant see the puck
>scooting around on ice with no scoring
>season is 11 months
Its better than jogball but its playoffs coincide with nba playoffs and primetime baseball. They should shorten the season and put the playoffs in the gap between the superb owl and mlb opener

Also
>getting outsold by womens soccer and 2 different lacrosse leagues
Lol

Do they bot show the scoreboard on nhl games? That cant be true, is it?

It's not an easy sport to watch on television. Also, it seems very repetitive. Pass, pass, shoot, repeat. Looks like it'd be fun as hell to play though.

> Shorten the season
almost 60 games already are 1 home and 1 road game to every other team in the league. last 22 games are against the same division's teams to basically determine playoff seeds. ( 4 divisions )
so how to shorten the season, but still keep it important?

Fewer games would make it more important

Hockey is getting bigger in the UK

fasting growing sport

Yeah, but i think the everyone plays everyone is a must thing for sure. Also the division battle and now the wild card spots keeps things really interesting through the season.

But im a fan, so its hard to complain about the amount of games :^)

I made no claims about complexity, I'm just saying you can get right back into the game after your food coma/beer run/conversation with your buddies.

They show the score, it just takes a minute to figure out how the game's going. Fast, physical, one-sided, etc.

Depends on region. In San Jose there's a lot of Asian and Hispanic Sharks fans, since we have basically had no other team here and not a lot of people care about the Earthquakes.

HERE'S WHY: (for me); I actually live in Michigan, so we have the Red Wings, who have been really good the past two decades. However, I was more of a Lions fan as a kid, because I don't have cable!!! So, I heard about them, I could name the good players, but I was never able to be a fan simply because I couldn't watch the games. If they play all the games on regular channels (like Canada) there would be waaay more fans.

So, the biggest reason is that it isn't available enough. I firmly believe that most American sports fans could get into the sport if they had the chance.