Caduceus - Viduramžiai

This man from Lithuania named Lord Caduceus Xul, who released one of the best (if not the best) dungeon synth albums in history called "Middle Ages", supposedly has this other album called "Viduramžiai" but there isn't any information anywhere except on discogs. Anyone got any information on this?

All that I've ever been able to find online are some Lithuanian forums where people post offers of them selling their cassettes of the album. If Viduramžiai is even 50% of what Middle Ages is it will still be one of the best dungeon synth albums out there so I have to find this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

oldtower.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/channel/UChmm356a5qe1luUsoatAgjA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=QSEDgndnuFc
youtube.com/watch?v=AO-69StIDck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ian Miller cover art
instantly patrician

check the archives :^)

Middle Ages is one of the most underrated Dungeon Synth tapes, but to say it's the best would be an exaggeration. Especially when Depressive Silence II exists, which is one of the most beautiful pieces of music across all genres.

However, if more music from Caduceus exists then I'd be very excited to see it. There isn't enough Dungeon Synth tapes from that era. Daoine Sidhe - self titled is another similar one.

Sorry, OP.
"viduramžiai" simply means "middle ages" in lithuanian

This is to funny, i never ever expected to see a thread based on this tape.. Good music album, or demo whatever.

I was in the middle of Middle Ages Part 3 as the strings were coming in so I was kind of in the moment when I said it was the best of all time.

Depressive Silence II is definitely up there in the arguments for #1 but I personally can't even compare it to Middle Ages. They both have such a distinct sound and I feel like they each individually have mastered that sound. Caduceus has such a playful whimsical feeling to it and Depressive Silence has a very serious feeling of grandeur.

Depressive Silence II is seriously a master piece man. That mix of the grainy hollow production with those beautiful fucking synths man, sucks its impossible to find an original tape.

Yes I realize that but there are pictures of the cover that show it is a completely different tape released at a different time.

It is possible it is a reissue or remaster of Middle Ages but I would still want to find it if that is the case.

Since this is pretty much a Dungeon Synth general, what's the best Mortiis album? I'd say it's Ånden som gjorde oppror. I get some pretty medieval feelings from it.

Wow that cover is even cooler than the one for Middle Ages. Dungeon Synth tapes always have the coolest cassette artwork.

dungeonwave when?

Ah, alright.
I know nothing about the tapes and thought you were just running in circles. I wish I could help you, because I'm lithuanian, but I'm not home.
It might just be a different cover that's in lithuanian, meant for local distribution

Completely agree, I haven't heard anything come close to what Depressive Silence has done yet.

Similar to the sound of Caduceus, other newer artists like Hedge Wizard have gotten really close to the same level. But even artists like Hedge Wizard have already sold out of all their tapes and are pretty hard to find online.

And weird coincidence, I just purchased a Fodt til å Herske longsleeve with that same picture and also a Keiser longsleeve from heidenshart today. They're releasing a lot of Mortiis merchandise.

Fodt til a herkse has that real dark aroma about it, but Anden sounds much more grand and clean, its a toss up between both for me. Stargate isn't bad but it doesn't have the same charm to it, you can feel that it he was just done with that kind of music.

This is a real thing?
Like there's a whole community of people into this kind of thing?

Good for you guys. Bizarre shit.

Oh shit, that longsleeve is nice, i need to pick that up. Yeah hedge wizard is pretty good, last i heard he was still working on something new.

Probably going to go with Ånden som gjorde oppror but Fodt til a herkse comes in a close second.

One of my favorite things he's done is definitely the vhs for Reisene Til Grotter Og Odemarker on Keiser Av En Dimensjon Ukjent. Having a copy of that vhs is definitely high up on my dungeon synth wishlist.

yeah it's been a thing since the 90s.

Arguably since the late 70s in fact, when early synth projects made soundtracks for medieval movies.

I consider Tangerine Dream's The Keep OST to be the first dungeon synth album.

Thanks for the help regardless, I was a bit worried it would just be something for local distribution. I might poke around on some of the Lithuanian forums I found mentioning it.

Yeah he did an interview a while back saying he was working on some stuff.

I would definitely recommend getting one, the people running the store seemed really nice and they're some of the only people out there selling any dungeon synth related merchandise.

>Lord Lovidicus will never release physcial copies

pls why

>not making your own coat of arms and hooded robe at home
peasant

WHICH IS BEST?
Nosferatu - Eine Symphonie des Grauens
Nosferatu - Phantom der Nacht
Begotten
The Keep
Häxan

look we're not total neckbeards, we just like the music. Has anyone listened to Mortiis' industrial stuff? Is it actually good?

the 1979 nosferatu is a great movie, so i'd go with that one. Begotten is just fucked up. Not sure about the rest.

Got the hooded robe already, just need the coat of arms.

Mortiis' """industrial""" stuff is less industrial than fucking Blutengel.

Yeah, I've seen it pop up once in the past four years. Guess it was time for a second time.

I guess it's getting re-released on vinyl though.

Any good bm with some dungeon synth interludes? pic related.

Obvious one, but all of Burzums ambient tracks on the first four albums, as well as Hliðskjálf, are phenomenal. Han Som Reiste is one of my favorite Dungeon Synth tracks of all time.

Heard it already

An intro more than an interlude but still good

I guess interlude was a poor choice of words, but yeah,

probably the most lively dungeon synth thread i've seen.

What are some obscure Dungeon Synth tapes from the 90's? Stuff similar to Caduceus or Depressive Silence. Especially if the artwork is a black and white cassette fold out with medieval art on it. Honestly stuff like that is incredible to me and I can't get enough of it.

Also I'd like to say that it's amazing that a dungeon synth thread was able to take off like this on Sup Forums. Good job to all who participated.

I highly recommend Old tower
oldtower.bandcamp.com/

Also try this channel, its just full of this stuff.
youtube.com/channel/UChmm356a5qe1luUsoatAgjA/videos

There are other channels who dedicate themselves to uploading dungeon synth and underground black metal, just look around for them.

chart when

already is, or look for the music yourself.

any of you fucks picked up the chaucerian myth box set?

Test please ignore

>Middle Ages
MEGA please

If you're not used to black metal or dungeon synth, you're going to be disappointed friendo

youtube.com/watch?v=QSEDgndnuFc

what
this just sounds like early 90s video game music
like Baldur's Gate or Runescape or something

dungeon synth does not live up to its name
it should be called
adventure-MIDI

Not updated tho

OP, if you're reading, message the owner a page called "Kasetės" on facebook, he might send/sell you the mp3
And it's a completely different album from "Middle Ages"

Clarification: it's the page with 146 likes.
I wish I could link it but Sup Forums thinks facebook links are spam

Til Det Bergens Skyggene's self-titled is still my favorite in the genre, untouchable stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=AO-69StIDck