Call MMA gym and ask about membership fees

>call MMA gym and ask about membership fees
>mandatory 1-year contract/ 150 dollars a month baseline membership
>additional 25$ if you want BJJ
>if something happens and you can't keep paying the membership while on the contract, you can opt out but only if you pay a ridiculous sum of money
>have to buy 600$ worth of equipment(GI, gloves, protective gear etc)
>call boxing gym
>no contracts period
>50$ monthly membership fee
>only equipment you need are your own hand wraps
>gloves and gear are provided
Why is this?

MMA is a meme

No its not fucking leaf

Fuck off

MMA is a meme

>Ad hominem
>nothing else to say

MMA is a meme hue

>MMA is a meme

Wtf does that even mean?

You're Brazilian. Your Govt. has programs set up where you can learn MMA for fucking free.

an elite MMA fighter cannot beat an elite boxer, an elite mma fighter is not used to the speed and power of an elite boxer so an elite boxer can land a 12 hit combo while the MMA fighter shuffles around dazed trying to grab the lower body of the boxer but cant because of the boxer's superior footwork

>falling for the mma gym scam
run away from any 1 year contract scams and join a cheap boxing gym

Boxing is an old-fashioned working man's sport, MMA is for middle-class dipshits

Back in the mid 2000s there was a huge surge of people opening mma gyms. This was of course surrounding the hype of K1, Pride and obviously UFC's rise.

10 years later, they are all fucking gone, except 1 gym which trains specifically for mma. People don't understand the necessity of foundations mixed martial arts. So its not surprising douchbags flooded into those gyms looking to be the ultimate badass lol. People would go out looking to fight in public (drinking) using their week's experience at the gym. It was fucking retarded.

What sucks tho, is that there used to be small Muay Thai and kickboxing places(who didn't give a fuck about mma). And they have disappeared! Its a side effect of that whole mma bandwagon and having potential customers turning away from it cause "muh ground and pound". It was a cycle of douchebaggery that wore itself out here - now very few take it seriously.

It's a shame for the people who were prepared to pass on their knowledge of specific muay thai/kickboxing to a new generation.

does it pay for a nursing home after you box yourself into dementia
fuck man I pay $35 a month for a classy gym that has a sauna and a heated pool. I am on a year to year contract but I actually use it regularly

Meme
Martial
Arts

>Why is this?
You found a mcdojo. My gym is 60€/month or 600€/year for MMA package, which also gives you access to bjj kb and boxing classes. No equipment required aside from clothing, you can use the gym stuff for the rest.

>euro
By those standards i guess all american mma gyms are mcdojos

Because you went to a shitty gym that's trying to fleece you. I'm shocked you weren't stupid enough to fall for it.

>using the gym's equipment

it's like you WANT aids or something

Not even remotely true but I find it funny you take pride in being an impoverished one toothed faggot

If you're going to a gym with a full time BJJ coach, a full time boxing coach, and a full time wrestling coach you have to pay that much or they would go out of business. Most gyms are helmed by retards which is why they've all gone out of business in this way.

Get in my guard

go train in brazil for 10 cents a week

Looks retarded, I pay 100 BRL (around 25 dollars) for a membership in a top gym. For more 50 BRL i practice karate and BJJ. All gear is provided by the gym, but I have my own, which I bought for less than 600$, all pretorian.

Real boxing gyms are nothing like MMA gyms, they're not made to really turn a profit. In the US you gotta go to the hood to find real boxing gyms. The kids there hardly pay $30 a month if that, but they fight for real. MMA gyms are for bored middle class white kids that wanna LARP as fighters for the most part. You can't be white, middle class, with no prior training and walk into a boxing gym. They don't want to bother training you, they're not in it for profit like MMA gyms. Boxing is a completely different world, you don't just "find" boxing. You're born into it and raised in it, its not a hobby you can just pick up. MMA gyms are clean and filled with hobbyists and fitness moms, a boxing gym in the hood smells like musty sweat, has heavybags that are old and taped up, has blood stains all over the ring surface.

There's a disgusting looking boxing gym that just opened up like 5 minutes away from me. It looks so grungey and dirty though that I haven't checked it out because I've assumed they'd just laugh me outta there.

MMA is trendy as fuck

nobody gives a fuck about boxing anymore

Please tell me you didnt fall for the MMA atletica boxe meme

theyll laugh you out but then you go back the next day and earn your respect senpai. gotta get in the ring and heem the blackest nigga in there

or get heem'd most likely, but then you take your licks and come back again and again and again

eventually after the swelling fades you'll start learning a couple minor basic things, and if you keep at it for a few months there might actually be a guy who respects your hopeless ass enough to actually try teaching you for once. there will still be assholes anyways.

m8 you're American you don't even understand class

No, my gym isn't called that. I don't even do MMA for that matter, but my gym offers it too.

don't know if I should start boxing

after some months or a year I can beat the shit out of everyone who annoys me lol

Judo gyms are the same way.
No contract bs and usually have cheaper memebership fees than BJJ. The only downside is, they are very hard to find these days. Don't know why, but many pure judo gyms are dying out all over america. You'd be lucky to find one that's up and running near you with enough people that attend to keep itself running. There is a judo place in my town, but they don't take beginners. Its more like a private club full of black/brown belts that meet up once a week and practice.

Most MMA gyms don't even have coaches with that much experience anyway. The gym in my town advertises that they can teach Judo and Wrestling, but all the coaches there are only trained in BJJ and have passable knowledge in Muay Thai. MMA is just popular now, and places are getting away with ripping people off. But it seems now that many places are going out of business because they lock people in contracts, and overprice their classes.