i rewatched some of that OKC in 2011 and you just kinda had to hope he missed

>put in a layup over a flying D Wade block attempt
Yup. He's a legend.

>Beat lebeta in the finals

All you need to know lad

>underage bee and
???

Especially legendary since it was supposed to be their 1st of 7 rings

The best. He was am MVP for a reason. He really revolutionized the game where every big needs to have a jump shot now

I hope Cuban has nightmares for the rest of his life for squandering his career.

>have all-time great to build a championship team around
>give him a competitive squad in 2, max 3 seasons

Top 20 all time

He DID try to get him DeAndre Memedan.

You can bet your ass Cuban has nightmares about trading away Tyson Chandler and a good portion of his championship team for a chance at Dwight Howard

But then again I'd be surprised if he ever gets any sleep after that Rondo trade

this

Overrated desu. Never really a top 5 player for a decent stretch of years. Consistency counts for something though.

Literally the GOAT

he is top 10 great. hands down.

won a championship single handedly. no american nigger has done that.

Wade outperformed him twice in the finals.

Ironically Wade 06 did.

kareem with the bucks

>single handedly
>3 refs backing him up every possession

Literally retarded. He was always in top 5 from 04 to 10. Plus he took mavs to like 15 straight playoffs

GOAT during the championship run and second toughest shot to guard next to Kareem's. Maybe even harder, Chamberlain blocked Kareem's hook shots couple of times and I don't remember anyone doing it to Dirk's.

>tfw you will never see prime Dirk again
>tfw he's retiring within 2-3 seasons

What's the point anymore?

Oscar Robertson?

True answer is Hakeem with Rockets.

Dallas was stacked and had a great defender in Marion to stop Bron.

>you have to go back

Oh yes the "refball" excuse.

Wade pulled a Jordan.

You can find a whole highlight reel of Wade's flops from this series. It would be longer than Jordan's entire career of flopping

literally the perfect shot

youtube.com/watch?v=eDgRMdT1QVI

That old guy that trains him is the best

Definition of great player, shit team.

even more legendary when you remember Wade and Lebron mocked Dirk for being sick before the game.

Top 10 player all time for sure

Even more legendarier when you remember he had a 100+ fever and put up 20+

Is Dirk better than curry?

yes, not even fucking close. Dirk shits all over curry. He made up that embarassing 1st round elimination by fucking the heat in the ass in the finals

one of the top 5 players in the NBA when he was in his prime

Literally Larry Bird 2.0

Top 10 player of all time.

Would you rather have prime Steve Nash or prime Dirk? You are placing them into an otherwise average team. I would almost say Nash because he can make everyone around him better.

tfw you remember when nash was still on the mavs

they had two future white MVPs on their team

Dirk. If they both have to do everything, I want the more consistent shooter.

Also nash ditched in the middle of the night for money, Dirk stayed and is a life long icon in Dallas

Dirk is going to be a Dallas Legend for the rest of his life. He will stay associated with the mavs a long time after retirement.

He was the best player from that era other than Kobe

GOAT

LITERALLY Big Man version of Steph Curry.

Prove me wrong.

Nash was one of the greatest shooters by percentage all time. Saying dirk is a more consistent shooter is laughable

friendly reminder that the dallas mavericks went 67-15 with dirk winning MVP in the 2006-2007 season, at the time good for the sixth best record of all time, and then promptly got swept in 6 by the "we believe" 8th seed golden state memeiors in the first round, which at the time was literally the 18-1 of basketball, and dirk went 2-13 for 8 points in the series clinching 6th game

If only Nash had stuck around. Sigh.

Cuban traded Jae Crowder, Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, a first round draft pick, and a second round draft pick for Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell. Looking back, Crowder alone is worth more than Rondo. He fucked up.

>2011

Oh GOD I feel old.

yeah but a few years later he put the team on his back to win a ring while being the underdogs in every round, so no-one cares

We'll always have 2011 m8.

Obligatory

Based Holger has actually become a minor celebrity around Dallas.

Right after they won the Finals in Miami, a Mavs fan recognized him and got a picture with him. Of course, at the time Holger was very emotional since his protege had just won the title, and he was crying tears of joy. But it looked really weird out of context because it was a picture random smiling dude giving a thumbs up and a weeping old German.

How based is their son going to be? Not only is his mom black, both of her brothers are pro soccer players.

People underrate that 2011 team. It had a lot more in common with the 2004 Pistons than the 2006 Heat or 2015 Cavs. He was the star and the deserving FMVP, but he didn't carry them. They were two or three deep at every position and matched up really well with Miami.

Jason Kidd was the ultimate floor general and was at the stage of his career where he shot 40% from 3. He was still quick enough to be a plus defender, too.

Terry was a rich man's CJ McCollum, styling on niggas and hitting clutch irrational confidence shots.

Marion was an elite 3 and D slasher and helped shut LeBron down. Had a nice post game too.

Tyson Chandler was the best defensive center in the league.

JJ Barea was, for two months, Isaiah Thomas 1.0 and the ultimate bench spark plug.

DeShawn Stevenson was a solid 3 and D guy.

Peja Stojakovic was a great shooter.

Brendan Haywood did everything a backup center should. He defended the paint, rebounded well, and wasn't useless offensively.

Brian Cardinal was a lackluster benchwarmer but turned out to be a solid Heat killer.

Corey Brewer and Ian Mahinmi were extremely solid for end of the bench guys.

And that's with Caron Butler, the team's third-leading scorer in the regular season, injured for the whole playoffs.

As a fan I can never forgive Cuban for punting on a title defense just to chase Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.

You could talk up any playoff team like that, compared to other championship teams the roster was shit. Only difference is that the mediocre players like Berea and Peja's corpse GOATed it up at crucial moments

>I rate the Basketball Stefan Kiessling

is probably just gonna end up being a lanky uncoordinated freak

I still remember watching that series back in high school when I was just getting into basketball and being so fucking pissed.

>Marion
>3 and D

He's top in not being an asshole which quite rare for the NBA.

And a few years later he made Lebron taste his ass so it all evens out.

Marion killed LeBron in the finals that year

BLEACHED

I'm a bit biased since I grew up a Mavs fan but in 2011 he was utterly unstoppable. At that point he had seen nearly everything the defense could throw at him and could handle double teams with ease. He's a decent rebounder too. His defense isn't good but at least he tries. I don't expect dominating defense from a thin, goofy 7 ft German anyway.

Tough, but Dirk is practically ungaurdable. Swear the only person I've seen do a decent job on him was Chuck Fucking Hayes. Plus he changes the opposing teams defense completely, they can't run their normal schemes against him. If they put their big on him he drags them away from the rim by standing by the three point line. Put a smaller guard on him and he shoots over them/finishes at the rim. The best you can do is get physical and hope he misses.

Can't shoot threes with the accuracy or range of Steph.

Marion hitting threes was an Anomaly at best.

Deshawn played sick defense though, and Peja was great until we got to the point where we couldn't play him against KD/Lebron.

That Mavs team was supremely underrated on Defense and had a lot of clutch players. Terry/Dirk are as clutch as anybody is.

you guys are drastically overrating him, Kevin Durant shits in him in every way possible

That's why Durant beat lebaby and the heatles in the final an has a ring while dirk doesn't?

Oh wait.

rings are not an argument dude, but seriosuly Durant is a far better scorer, passer, and defender than dirk.

>Durant is a far better scorer, passer, and defender than dirk.
and yet still gets cucked by westchuck and lebeta the ultimate chocker

That's because you're under aged H& and don't remember Nowitski stylin

Shut the fuck up, faggots. Durant will win a ring this year and 5 years from now you'll be sucking his dick, over-glorifying his performance just like you're doing with Nowitzki right now

>rings are not an argument dude
>Durant will win a ring this year and 5 years from now you'll be sucking his dick
top kek you moron nice arguments

"percentages"

heres my argument, your country is about to be underwater in 10 years so i dont give a fuck what a fish thinks

NOT AN ARGUMENT

I remember when he got Jewed out of a ring in 2006. Stern was still buttmad about the European Baking Championships.

jokes on you faggot I am actually a nazi