How come AMSP is so much lower than In Rainbows in RYM (and in Sup Forums ratings)...

How come AMSP is so much lower than In Rainbows in RYM (and in Sup Forums ratings), when in fact after listening to both of them for quite a lot since AMSP was released, I truly think it's the superior album of the two. I would even say that I like it more than OKC, but that's just personal preference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q888PBtrWc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because AMSP has nothing interesting going on
youtube.com/watch?v=Q888PBtrWc0
can't even top weird fishes

>Implying your opinion about In Rainbows is anything more than just personal preference

objective taste is a myth youngun

amsp is the worst radiohead album after pablo honey, its forgettable af

their discography is trash so why even discuss it

I definitely think it's above In Rainbows
AMSP is amazing

my African American brethren

bump

After Deck Darks amsp becomes pretty boring for me. In Rainbows atleast spread out it's powerful tracks and had high moments throughout the album.

YOU REALLY MESSED UP EVERYTHING

I think In Rainbows has a really strong middle, but the beginning is meh, 15 Steps is probably my least favourite song on that album, while AMSP keeps momentum all through out.
>After Deck Darks amsp becomes pretty boring for me

>The Numbers
>Present Tense
>Identikit
>Glass Eyes

I could understand that if your favourite radiohead era is the bends-okc, but if you like kid a/in rainbow best, I think that the latter half is even better than the first.

I prefer a IR but AMSP is really good.

Also, AMSP is more of a grower, it takes more listens to digest, which explains the lower score.

Perhaps in a few years with some more perspective people will like it more than other Radiohead albums.

how is amnesiac not in your top three?

delet this

I like IR more on per song basis, it's pretty weird to get really warm and energetic Radiohead song, and there's a whole album that's basically this. However, AMSP is a better album for me, it flows better, has better diversity in terms of influences, (IR is basically all dream-pop, meanwhile AMSP is like third kraut, third trip-hop, third bossa nova) and it's very very consistent.

The Frank Ocean's albums feel exactly the same for me. channelORANGE is full of energetic songs, that hook you in, but blonde offers you a full hour mellow drive, that immerses you fully

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. Hail to the Thief
4. In Rainbows
5. A Moon Shaped Pool
6. King of Limbs
7. Amnesiac
8. Bends
9000. Pablo Honey.

I love both MSP and IR, but IR has more individual songs I love.

I dun goofed, here's my rating:
1. Kid A
2. A Moon Shaped Pool
3. In Rainbows
4. OK Computer
5. Amnesiac
6. The Bends
7. Hail to the Theif
8. Kinghead - Radio limbs
9. Meme Honey
>AMSP is more of a grower
I agree, at first, I liked only Burn The Witch and Daydreaming, only at 3rd listen I realised how good it was.

You are not mefuck off

1 Kid A
2 OKC
3 AMSP
4 In Rainbows

I'm op, I just wrote an incorrect rating in my name in the original post

Forget that.

Why the fuck is The Bends higher than Amnesiac, AMSP and Hail to the Thief?

1 OKC
2 In Rainbows
3 Kid A
4 Everything else they relesed

pleb

>the beginning is meh
Faust Arp is the first and only song on the album that isn't a 10/10
What don't you like about 15 Step? That jittery rhythm is great and the guitar work and the finale with the spacey ambient guitars are all unreal

Not him, but I'd agree that short of Faust Arp it's easily the weakest track on IR. It doesn't build to the same level of intensity any of the other tracks do, and it's by far the coldest sounding track on IR.

Morning Bell/Amnesiac is one of the few RH songs everyone agrees is shitty and while I love the live versions of I Might Be Wrong I think the studio version is a real letdown thanks to the shitty drum machines they use

If it weren't for those two Amnesiac would probably be my favorite, Hunting Bears > Like Spinning Plates > Glasshouse is fucking unbelievable (even though Hunting Bears wouldn't be half as good if IMBW wasn't on the album already)

Who thinks Morning Bell/Amnesiac is shitty? I like it more than the Kid A version.

I mean, I rank Amnesiac pretty low, but it's not for any of the songs you mentioned. Hunting Bears is so unnecessary and breaks the flow from D&C so hard.

I think it's unnecessary and could easily be replaced by any of the B-sides like Fog or Kinetic. It's okay I guess but doesn't top the paranoia of the Kid A version.

I love Hunting Bears. It makes sense yhat it breaks the flow, imagine Dollars And Cents going straight into Like Spinning Plates. It feels like sort of a reset to me, like a sparse reprisal of where the album's taken us before the final ascent into Like Spinning Plates' ominous atmosphere. And then that fades out into the tranquil electronics that open LIAGH and that acts as the mournful epilogue

Fuck I really need to listen to those two more because if I enjoyed them as much as I enjoy the others on that album it might be my favorite from RH

It's so lazy and unnecessary overall, Knives Out as is flows into Dollars & Cents pretty good; I'd be ok with it being like a 2-minute track (like I Will), but 3 minutes is too long for it. There isn't an interesting thing in it, aside from the phone-tone in the second half.
They tried taking the distant sound of Kid A's Morning Bell and making it immediate, but in the end they lost all of the nuance (at least they could've left the 5/4 beat)

>how come other opinions when I fact my opinion?

Wanted to add, that basically everything this song does, Like Spinning Plates already does 100x better

In Rainbows is consistent and every song is solid if not great, AMSP first half is god tier but gets kinda bland in the second half