Why the fuck do we suck so much? Why don't we have more nig nogs playing for us?

Why the fuck do we suck so much? Why don't we have more nig nogs playing for us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6PhRq0UxF74
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Ne
>Ation.
>Ne
>Eam.

What did he mean by this?

If niggers played more footy insted of basketball and American football would we have a decent team?

Maybe, maybe not. Soccer isn't a game that is solely about athleticism. There's a lot more technique and tactics involved than say football and basketball.

How about having a bunch of educated athletically talented guys give up being concution tackle ball players and play some soccer.

We already have that really. The top American soccer players are very good athletes. Hell, I was only a college level player and I could run a sub 4.5 40. It takes a lot more than just being fast and strong to be good at the game.

>Hell, I was only a college level player and I could run a sub 4.5 40
sure u could

I jerk off to anonymously posting about my past athletic ability in actuality.

>Why don't we have more nig nogs playing for us? Who are

Darlington Nagbe,
Jermaine Jones,
Fabian Johnson,
Gyasi Zardes,
Jozy Altidore,
Damarcus Beasley,
Deandre Yedlin,
Tim Chandler,
Julian Green,
Cobi Jones

?

6'8 lebron james as a target man would be a hoof ball dream

NE
A
N
E

You left out Dempsey

Nope. Technical, phisical and tactical abilities aren't enough, you need a little bit of genius, you need a Messi, a Ronaldo, a Modric, an Iniesta, a Muller , a Robben, players that do impossible things. It's very rare for black players to have this genius touch.

All those players except Robben and Muller are black though

>Dempsy
>Black

Do you think this is how a black guy raps?

youtube.com/watch?v=6PhRq0UxF74

Eh, being tactically minded, having good spacial and passing awareness is more important in football than being super athletic, not to mention technical skills, these things require a lifetime of commitment.

American kids play soccer just to have fun and you can see it in the MLS where everyone on the pitch is just chasing the ball, the same thing happens with African countries, being strong and fast simply isn't enough.

>Soccer isn't a game that is solely about athleticism. There's a lot more technique and tactics involved than say football and basketball.
How the fuck do you figure that? Footballers cover 6 to 7 times the distance of handegg players over the course of a game. And you're saying that's not athletic?
I've really never understood how yanks use the word "athletic". To us it means you're physically fit. I guess to you guys "athletic" means "a big muscled guy who I would like to see fuck my wife"
>tactics
Top lel, you yanks rabbit on about handegg is so great because "muh tactics" but readily admit that even football is more tactically involved. Kek

>who is Thierry Henry
>who is Didier Drogba
>who is Anthony Martial
>who is Samuel Eto'o
>who is Yaya Toure
>who is PELE

>same thing happens with African countries
See above, but scratch out Henry, Martial and Pele. Africa produces some of the best football players in the world so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about

You now remember Jay Jay Okocha

You might be a bit dense mate, he's saying that being athletic in soccer is not enough on the top stage, whereas it can get you there almost singlehandedly in apehoop and handegg.

Actually what hinders the Africans is that they have 0 tactical awareness

For Americans it's things like ball control, vision, and even dribbling that they're godawful at and what will continue to disallow us from producing a world-class player.

>what is rule and exception
>what is the meaning of the word 'rare'

That's ok, I didn't expect people like you to understand that type of things.

>hockey
>it's field hockey
Also you're trying to disagree and then saying the exact same thing

memes aside, there's a distinct difference between strategy and tactics

football is the pinnacle of strategy in sports, but really doesn't have much by way of tactics

soccer is the reverse, almost no strategy but requires tons of tactical ability

Don't worry guys pulisic will come good at the copa.

>Ne
>Ation
>Ne
>Eam

What did he mean by this?

it's scottish

"hey calum mcmanus, how many points will the US Mutant Ninja Turtles win in the 2016 copa america?"

"NANE."

the mls needs to do what the mlb does with its rbi program

How will we fare in copa merica Sup Forums the US does well in tournaments.

>the mls
>the mlb
the kys

this. american football is one of the most complex sports out there strategy-wise.

Anybody can train to run for a long time. Literally soccer moms run marathons all the time. Not everyone can possess elite speed, strength or jumping ability.

Being able to run for a long time does not make you an athlete

above expectations: win the group and beat ecuador, then lose to argentina in the semis

optimistic: second in the group stage, lose in the quarters to brazil

pessimistic: draw with costa rica and finish 3rd in the group

below expectations: get 1 point of off paraguay and that's it

But can you sprint for over a mile while carrying half your body weight and get pushed back and slammed around? Jogging is easy.

a lot of american football players run track and cross country in high school. i bet they could keep up with soccer players, not in skill obviously but athleticism.

>1.1 Billion people live in Africa
>Only a handful of great players
>Even most of those were scouted at a young age by European clubs

you sure showed me

well there's also the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise in general, with football having far more anaerobic activity while soccer is definitely on the side of aerobic. this is why you'll see them talk about how much time their players can run continuously or how much distance they add up, because those are key landmarks for aerobic activity. on the flipside, the 40 yard dash is an NFL standard for a reason, because it's entirely skewed towards anaerobic exercise, and other short-burst agility or strength tests back that up further.

GOAT
Old and Good
Great
Shit
Shit
Old and Shit
Good
Shit
Shit
Retired

Funny you mentioned Cobi Jones but no Tony Sanneh, who was beast.

I think there are two reasons why the United States will always be below average-average as a national team.

One, our country is far too divided in sporting interests. In most European and South American countries, soccer is THE SPORT of interest for everybody. We've got three or four sports that split the potential talent pool at a young age. So when it comes to pick which sport a

The second, and probably more important is the youth system that is employed in Europe and South America. When you compare it to our "youth system" it's no wonder they produce incredibly skilled technical players. They take children at the age of 8 (and sometimes younger) and take them out of school and raise them as a part of the club. They teach the kids their, sure, but they effectively live and breath soccer for most of their childhood life. As far as I'm aware, that kind of youth system isn't really in place in the United States.

Did you even watch Pulisic? Hershey Pennsylvania, product of local youth clubs, not even affiliated MLS youth clubs. Dude is silky smooth on the ball and guaranteed World-Class in the next few years, as soon as he bulks up a bit and becomes an adult.

I think klinnsman has complained about the second thing before numerous times, right? something about not letting kids leave school at 16 and making them go to college.

the tradition of college sports will hold soccer back in the United States. Kids all across the globe get a massive head start on American youth by dropping out of school and getting their education and training excursively from youth teams that are payed for by club teams.

That will hold back U.S soccer for a long time.

*exclusively.

It's not as bad as it sounds really, most of them still get qualifications that get them into university if they don't make it as a footballer and most of them will know by the age of 18 if they are going to make it or not. Not to mention the fact some of these kids are making ridiculous money if they are at a youth academy at a major club, Real Madrid are paying some 16 year old £80k a week.

that's an impossible sell though

"hello mrs. johnson I think your son should stop planning to go to college, drop out of high school, and train to possibly become a professional soccer player"

they'd shut the door in your face

Don't Baseball teams do though? At least that's what the movie Moneyball taught me.

In my opinion, starting at high school is too late. Most of the best players in the world get their start before the age of 10 at youth clubs. Jurgen Klinssman started his youth career at the age of 8 and moved around to many different clubs before making professional first team. And his parents were worried about whether or not he would make it.

And that's even more of an impossible sell.

And it's likely to be the reason the United States will stay mediocre for a long time, with the occasional EPL level players coming through. Nothing we can do when the systems of amateur athletics have developed in such vastly different ways in Europe and South America vs the US.

They do that for some foreign players. Or at least they use to have foreign youth academies for lots of South and Central American countries. But when it comes to the domestic talent, playing with your school is the primary way to move up in the sport.

pretty sure they at least graduate high school, and even then it's sometimes (but not always) hard for the coach and/or recruit to convince the parents to let them go straight into the draft instead of college. that may change in the coming decades with how much more diluted college degrees are becoming, so it will be seen as less important of a necessity.

If we could get players into Euro academies earlier, we'd be doing better as well. But, you can't move over there before 18 without a passport or some OTHER reason (e.g parent gets a job in France, for example).

I'm legit not even worried long-term about our system. Yes it's not good, yes it doesn't produce top players, but the more and more stable MLS becomes, the more opportunity kids will have to be youth and professional players.

In the past 2 years, the US has added 23 professional teams in the last 3 and a half years. Some are MLS teams, some are NASL, some are USL, and some are affiliate teams of MLS clubs, but the more teams there are, the more opportunities there are for kids to develop, at both the youth and adult levels.

EVEN WITH the inherent and significant structural weaknesses in our system, we're still going to be a pretty decent side, and we're still going to keep trickling players into Europe.

We've got a team full of Bundesliga players right now.

We've got extremely highly-rated youth prospects overseas at Villareal, Manchester United, and Schalke, and it's only going to get better simply because the sport is growing more visible and popular here.

*The US has added 23 professional teams in the last 3 and a half years.

Sorry for typo.

> sub 4.5

That's not really that fast when you're 6'0, 160. Sure, it's impressive if you're 6'2, 250. At least 5 players on my club team could run a sub 4.5.

nba has never been more popular, it's ingrained in black culture, and those players are who they idolize growing up. they put their babies in jordans for fucks sake. 7 year old kids dribble balls to and from school, not to mention playing during recess and after school. chances are someone on their family knows how to play. friends know how to play. coaches and scouts and hustlers and recruiters are all looking out for talented kids who look to develop them and catch $$ on the back end.

black kids dribbling a soccer ball to and from school instead? that ain't the culture. if all your friends play basketball and football, and all the black celebrity athletes are in basketball and football (and track, but that shit's just an off-season distraction and a fall-back, not a goal life).

there's no changing this. any blacks coming through either grew up in a white suburb, learned to love the game in another country, or from a parent. it's a much smaller talent pool.

that's just how it is. if something genetic makes blacks better athletes, then our best athletes generally won't be playing soccer. just a reality that won't ever change. so it's whites and latinos and immigrants and army babbies and the occasional black unicorn. this is our penalty for having so many dope and lucrative sports leagues.

>this is our penalty for having so many dope and lucrative sports leagues.

>we're the best at so many things that we just can't be the best at everything
I can live with that

>Why don't we have more nig nogs playing for us?

None of the best teams are predominately black

most of the top talent drops out of college early to join the mlb. straight out of high school is a rarity

I'll be cheering for you, Sup Forumsmerica.

Your point with the youth prospects we have right now is spot on. We've never had a a player break into the first team of an established Euopean giant Pulisic has in Dortmund, and we've never had the wealth of great prospects that are in European clubs already.

I guess I shouldn't say we are going to stay mediocre. We are trickling in slightly better and better European talent every generation. Donovan, Dempsey and Howard will not hold a candle to what Pulisic, Wright and Akale will be.

I hope our inefficient youth system doesn't hold the U.S back, but the future is definitely brighter for the U.S than anytime before. In 5-10 years, we should see U.S players regularly compete in the CL. That will be great.

>Why don't we have more nig nogs playing for us?
Make close to minimum wage in MLS or make millions in the NBA/NFL/MLB, the answer is pretty obvious you dumb fuck

See you in the semis arg/an/tina.

If only Lebron played soccer! XD

Your black pacey wingers are shit because poor decision making and low technical ability. Only good in video games.

BUILD A BETTER TEAM.