Your country

Your country
What's the deadliest day of your country's history?

France
22 august 1914, 27 000 french soldiers died this day. With the natural death I think that around 30 000 french people died.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_fire_of_Smyrna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_invasion_of_Cyprus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Crossing of the Andes, around 1500 soldiers out of combat, January-February of 1817.
We don't have many bloody wars. Even the bloodiest day of the Malvinas war only had 33 deaths.

What about when the bongs rekt that cruiser?

1st of july 1916, First day of the somme, 57,470 died.

19,240...come on lad...were not that useless

No fucking idea, probably some battle against the Danes or the Russians 500 years ago or some shit.

I don't think we've had any deadly days. We just aren't into such things. Sorry.

the emu war

kicked out of the Rugby world cup by the Fr*nch in 2007

25k frenchies and caribbeans died during canal construction, then you gave up

9/11 or some Civil War battle.

Battle of Antietam, 3675 KIA

22,717 dead, wounded or missing.
Even an ignorant American such as myself knows 57,470 is just total casualties (KIA, WIA, MIA and captured). is actual dead

September 17, 1862

>It is the bloodiest single-day battle in American history, with a combined tally of 22,717 dead, wounded, or missing.

Battle of Meuse Argonne September 26, 1918
~26,000 dead

>Deadliest day
>He names a battle that lasted nearly 2 months
Mate we nearly lost that number before breakfast on day 1 at the somme.

The Somme perhaps, a couple of weeks ago we had an art exhibition with 19240 shrouds for everyone who died in the first day.

My mistake. Then it would be

First day of the Somme
Pretty much everyone in Newfoundland knew someone who had died

>The Somme perhaps
>First day of the Somme
1 July 1916

Somme. The whole history of the world cannot contain a more ghastly word.
—Friedrich Steinbrecher

I think Battle of Gettysburg still to this day has the highest number of people killed on one day in battle in the western Hemisphere

It's hard to say, as a single day I'd say October 2nd 1968

September 19, 1985 if we are counting natural disasters

In both cases it's hard to tell as official tallies are known to be misleading, either could go up to 20,000

1.Nican Tlaca

Year 1521 in jewish calculation smelly murderers killed hundreds of thousands everywhere through war and devious methods of trickery in the end subjection was total

No, the Chichimeca fought on for decades and the Maya for centuries even. Anyway, estimates for single days would be hard to piece together as the siege of Tenochtitlan lasted 3 months and many died also of privation and disease, Aztec forces were greatly diminished during Cuauhtemoc's last stand in Tlatelolco.

get rekt scrub

gallipoli campaign around 220.000 - 250.000 soldiers died from turkey

on a single day?

dunno, most likely a soviet counter offensive on the eastern front

2006 09 19

>>hmm i don't think so. but first day was the most bloodiest

not really a battle, but
in September of 1922 Turks got into Smyrna and slaughtered around 100,000 civilians in less than three days. After raping them and then raping their dead bodies again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_fire_of_Smyrna

and in 1974 when Turks invaded Cyprus and slaughtered another 10,000 civilians after of course raping them and then raping their dead bodies again.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_invasion_of_Cyprus

that remains in the past. are we cool now my greek friend ?