Was the Euro 2000 final pretty much the most underrated football match ever played...

Was the Euro 2000 final pretty much the most underrated football match ever played? France's golden generation scored in the very last minute before sealing it with a perfect golden goal to win the second biggest title in international football and cuck their biggest arch-rivals. Yet I struggle to even find a highlight video of it. But there's tons and tons of shit about games like Istanbul 2005 or Man United in 1999. The Euro 2000 final does not get nearly as much attention it deserves.

Also, post other underrated football matches ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVbXJFO7sD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't forget it was also the first time in history the world cup winners became European champions.

euro 2000 is widely considered as the best euro in recent times
it's easily the best I watched but maybe that's because I was younger

I doubt many people refuse to consider Euro 2000 as the GOAT tournament, but the final seems so forgotten about compared to the rest of the tournament.

That was a glorious french nt, but the golden goal was a retarded as fuck and unjust rule.

And pic related was an amaing match between two incredibly good teams at the time. Easily in my top 3 CL matches I've seen.

so many great players in this picture

thx for the nostalgia OP

Its my favorite NT games ever, against my favorite opponent, with the perfect scenario.

Golden goal is better than 2 teams parking the bus until the penalties.

Yes I remember this as a sad ass Portugal fan. We were strong that year. It was hard to watch that last penalty

i remember this match, it was bananas

>Pires, Micoud, Djorkaeff and Zizou in the same team

damn

Still topped a group with England and Germany after beating them both (as well as Romania, who were 2nd to cap off the underdog beauty).

I would have prefered it to be against England, just for the sake of enjoying the absolute galactic analdevastation.

>Lizarazu, Thuram, Blanc and Desailly in the defense + Deschamps to boss everyone around
>now Evra, Sagna, Koscielny and notVarane are the best France can offer

it fucking hurts

People don't really remember it because Trezuguet was such a faggot.

They still remember him more than Wiltord, though.

I still can't understand how Toldo could fuck up that hard on this shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=WVbXJFO7sD8

3 days later was Arshavin 4 - Liverpool 4 iirc

Fucking overrated piece of shit Del Piero fluffing chances left and right.

Del Piero > Vieri >>>>>> Totti

The German Euro 2000 squad is considered to be the worst German team in history, I remember back then many people here believed Germany was pretty much finished forever.

Totti >>>>> Del Piero in every way. It's no coincidence that every Italy coach preferred Totti. In 2006 Lippi even preferred Totti coming off an ankle break.

And yet Totti is the one who wasted his career at a shitty club while Del Piero actually won trophies.

Career choices aside, Totti has always been the superior footballer on the field. This is a fact.

>Dugarry

He was the Cabaye/Sissoko of his generation

>Totti is the one who wasted his career at a shitty club

So this is how you describe Loyalty in Ireland

He was more the feel-good item for Zidane. It was a better trade off to waste a place for Dugarry and to have a happy Zidane than to have someone else and Zidane being moody.

"France"

2000 was the GOAT. And 2004 was the last good international tournament