Post old pictures of your country/city/town/village

post old pictures of your country/city/town/village

it can be a photo, a map, a drawing or whatever

Bloody nice, OP.

Pic rel is my town. There's a barber in the centre I went to as a kid which had loads of old photos of the town on the walls, including one showing Queen Elizabeth when she came to visit in the 50s.

The street in pic rel is pedestrianised now. Feels kinda sad looking at old pics, back then it looked like a nice and bustling little town with an industrous past, but now it's a dilapidated shithole with a big Paki population and a town centre nobody wants to visit. As soon as I get the opportunity to move away, I don't think I'll ever live here again

Sure :)

good thread

i have few medieval drawings of slovakia

the stuff in the foreground is now glorious commie blocks

I will also post the present day location as a parallel

My neighborhood, 1940.

Present

valencia 1563

nitra changed a lot
present day

>Feels kinda sad looking at old pics
iktf, modernity has wreaked havoc in Budapest as well, that cute neighbourhood on the lower half of this picture was razed in the 30s to make way for a futuristic Bauhaus district, which never came to be because of WWII
then we got communism and a lot of easily repairable buildings that were damaged during the war got demolished per the order of party officials

I do, too
must have been a beautiful city during the golden days of the kingdom, it's kinda pathetic now, but the old town has some really nice parts

Elisabeth bridge before WWII, and in its present day form, rebuilt from scratch during the 60's

really cute

Present

Buda and Pest during Turkish times

Thanks. Its one of the few cities not fucked by communists.

Here is capitol when it was new and sat amidst farmland. Cows in winter would even up into forties and fifties would take shelter near the building.

It was never allowed to shine due to Wien being 45 minutes away. Its true to this day

Budapest during the 30s

Present

It's always a shit feeling when some historic building is rekt. There's a village in my county which had its disused mill burned down recently. Some house builders wanted to have it demolished to construct a new housing estate and there's a conspiracy going round that says the fire was started deliberately to force the council to demolish the building so that they could go forward with the new homes.

Anyway despite commies fucking shit up Budapest still is a pretty place, the parliament is especially beautiful. We have a lot of left-wing modernist shit here too built back after the second world war. It's funny how architecture from the 60s looks far more dated than architecture from the 19th century and before

crazy how it was majority muslim in that time

Looks like a happy, wonderful place!

I got this

Beauty on Danube boys!

same church

the Chain Bridge with the famous "hotel row" of Pest in the front, each of the buildings erected by rich American and Western European hotel chains during the economic and demographic boom of Budapest

I know, the clouds and the lights make it look like something straight out of an old DC comicbook

Buda Castle in 1860

ayy

and a picture of Buda Castle today, for comparison

I love this drawing. Are there still a lot of Dutch-era buildings there. I'd love to see those buildings, because many of them are a mix of traditional Indonesian architecture and Dutch architecture.

Zaragoza 1563

Windhelm

>пocтит хyдoжecтвeннoe пpeдcтaвлeниe aвтopa 19 в. вмecтo ayтeнтичных зapиcoвoк coвepмeнникoв
eбaть ты лoх.жпг

Budapest around the 4th century AD, when it was known by its Roman name, Aquincum

so it wasnt really Budapest...

Зaтo кpacивo

Amsterdam by Aivazovsky

Эcтeт хpeнoв. Tpeд нe oб этoм. Tы хoтя бы зapиcoвки Oлepия зaпocти, чтo пepeд бeлыми людьми пoзopишьcя?

>тpeд нe oб этoм
it can be a photo, a map, a drawing or whatever

Burgos 1600

Budapest in the 17th century, during one of the many Habsburg-Ottoman battles

no, technically it wasn't, but without the Romans settling in the area there wouldn't be a Budapest to talk about today, as in the 9th century, its still standing buildings were thought to be the remnants of Attila the Hun's capital, whom the leaders of the invading Magyars viewed as the forefather of the Hungarian tribes, and they thus decided that it will be the seat of Árpád and all of his descendants from there on out

Yes there would, its near water, there were settlements since neanderthals

nice one m8, if it weren't for the file name I would've thought it was someplace in Germany or The Netherlands

but none of them were anywhere close to as big as Aquincum was, not even other Roman provincial towns along the Danube (already occupied towns and cities excluded)

pic related, the ruins of Aquincum's smaller amphitheatre

frozen-over Danube and the clearing of the Pest embankment during an especially cold winter in the 30s

Pretty much the whole city of Cologne got destroyed in WW2. It was a really beautiful city before that.

Before

The same place today

At least they are going to rebuild the park.. or whatever that is.

Cologne is still beautiful, but it's quite sad indeed

Ebertplatz is ok now imo.
The africans may be annoying, but little artshops started popping up. Also they planted trees around that defunct aliendildo.

It's okay, there are some places that look better and some that look worse.

But seeing those lonely old buildings in-between ugly post-war buildings is .. not the best feeling.

It could be so much better though.

The same could be said about pretty much any city in NRW. They all looked rather nice before the war and you know what they look like now.

There are some that is still in good shape, but sadly, most of the Dutch-era building has been demolished or abandoned.

Mh, its getting slowly better though.
Northrhine Westphalia was always the industrial region so it was targeted specifically for destruction and had to be rebuild specifically fast due to its importance.

So the 50s/60s shitblocks which are now sloooooowly fading out were an absolute necessity. Moral of the story, dont eat anything bigger then your head and be nice to your neighboors ._.

It's sad what war can cause, but at least friendships are recovered and so did we.

my grand^40(?) grandpa's village

severo ma giusto

just found this map of Pest, as it were in 1758, the old city walls still circling around the town

present day

the city walls were torn down at the beginning of the 19th century, but some parts survived in the courtyards or as the firewalls of apartment buildings

great thread

>he is not modern fag

Coquimbo 1872

my city starded to be a real city in the renaissance, sorry