Why do Americans love MacBook so much? Do you love MacBook...

Why do Americans love MacBook so much? Do you love MacBook? I understand if you're a media or art expert it could be a good choice but why do most American college students have it? They must really like to have larger debt or something

SWAG

it's funny how macs are seen as the ultimate platform for creatives while all adobe programs are optimized a lot better for windows

That's why.

People think that higher price means higher quality.
While that is true most of the times, Apple is an exception.

No. I also buy Korean phone.

>Do you love MacBook?
I did not use it ever. I dunno.
I heard it hase the same parts as PC (Intel chipsets, CPUs and so on).

*Not a fucking virus filled PC
*Just always works
*Direct support from Apple
*Because I can afford it

>this triggers and confuses linux bois

I've seen many American college students who buy the newest MacBook when all they run on their computer is Microsoft Office and Google chrome

I had a macbook from 2006-2013, when Apple was still good.

it's nice to have something that runs the mac os in case my macfag instructors want me to use mac-only program

Also, it came with a free pair of 200$ headphones. But I still expended most of what I saved up for half a year to buy the damn thing.

I don't plan on making such a financially retarded decision ever again.

status symbol

Macs are a lot easier to use than windows.
And Mac users tend to be rich and America is one of the richest nations in the world.

>Apple is an exception.
no, it's not

A Macbook + Fusion allows me to run PC crap in a window, or several for that matter, if need be. And when they finally get compromised or buggy I just nuke them and open another.

PCs can't run Mac crap in a window.

>Micucksoft shills

because they can afford it

I don't like them. I think they are more of a fashion statement for unifags

who looonix here

Because it's beautiful and simple to use. No problems.

>hurrr it's a fashion statement
I couldn't care less about what people think. Their "esteem" isn't paying my bills or easing my life in any way (but the MacBook itself does).

t. not an American

but you can run dual boot mac and windows on intel based systems

>spending over a grand on a laptop just for going on facebook and browsing the web

Do not understand mac users.

>spending 1k+ to avoid being bothered by updates, viruses, anti-viruses, blue screens, crashes, terrible ergonomics, and various problems... instead of just browsing the web

That's it.

Apple: First world (expensive, elegant, easy, civilized)

PC: Second world (error-prone but affordable substitute)

Linux: Third world (makeshift DIY cobbled together technology)

Because it's fashionable
That's literally the only reason to own crapple shit if you're not editing video or audio for a living

>spending 1k+ to avoid being bothered by updates, viruses, anti-viruses, blue screens, crashes, terrible ergonomics, and various problems... instead of just browsing the web
literally none of these things should ever be a problem for you while using a computer if you possess even the minimum amount of intelligence required to be a human and not a chimpanzee

The iMac my sister had had far more problems than any PC I ever had.
>kernel panics, dead HDD, extreme slowness etc

Because its the only quality laptop out there

Everything else is really shit. There is no competition in the laptop sector, Apple fucking destroys everything

It's a very ergonomic interface, and the laptops themselves are very stylish, nicely built.
Apple has strong customer support, and the Apple family makes interoperability a breeze.
I personally don't use them but I can understand why someone might pay a premium for them.

Father is a computer engineer, and he recently switched to Mac because he was tired of struggling against the machine every day (Windows) or running an OS that's compatible with pretty much nothing (Linux).

>Apple has strong customer support
They had fucking better since they sell products specifically physically designed in a manner that prevents you from fixing problems yourself.

i don't know what the fuck i'm writing actually
i meant the goto fail bug
please ignore this post
i'll go to sleep now

Well good for him, but this argument about viruses is retarded. I don't know anybody above the age of 70 that actually has problems with them.

>above
below

only because of logic pro x
and design maybe

>he can't fix his Mac

Who's being a chimpanzee below minimum intelligence now?

I repaired my MacBook Air myself (touchpad had a problem) with a little help from my father. Wasn't easy because the screws are vicious, but stuff got done in the living room in a few minutes.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about I just don't want to feel like I've wasted my money

How old are you? You sound underage
>the screws are vicious
toplel

same here it's for prestige

Alienware master race reporting in

>overpriced pre-built gaming PCs
>master race

usa usa tbqhwyf

I'm a developer and life is 10x easier on OSX.

I don't understand how you devs that work on Windows put up with that shit.

>inb4 Linux

It has its own ugly flaws too.

>you devs that work on Windows put up with that shit.

So the majority of devs?

I suffered a life of viruses and blue screens for years with Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, and Vista. Never again. I also used Windows 8 for a couple of hours (had to do an important job quickly with it), and it was extremely frustrating. Mac is just handier.

The screws are vicious because they're not "standard" (for the basic tools you have at home), too soft, and very easy to damage. Fortunately I only had to do this once in my computer's lifetime.

>You sound underage
Brilliant assumption senpai.

I keep hearing this. The majority, like globally?

Because every dev agency Ive worked at has used mostly macs.

I am sure the one billion 10 cent an hour "devs" in India are all windows though.

I'm pretty sure it's all down to advertising.

Well you must be a moron then to get viruses

My film professor has one
My brother has one
All the females use iphone
I go to party and females have iphones
I show my galaxy note for number exchange and they frown
Engineering students dont have macbook(including me)
I want iphone so i can get laid

>I show my galaxy note for number exchange and they frown

Good riddance desu.

Frugal lifestyle > bitches with a spending problem.

Which linux distro should I install? Tried Ubuntu and it had a shit UI
Any other better options?

Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint
try some until you find one you like

Xubuntu is alright

Me desu senpai.

>why do most American college students have it?
There are education discounts.

Apple has a good reputation, a recognizable brand ("luxury" possibly) and it's fashionable. You blend in with a Macbook. I can't say the same about most gayman laptops.

Since everything the same, it's easy to borrow a charger or adapter from someone at a cafe or when giving a presentation in class. Ditto goes for getting it repaired. "AppleCare" is surprisingly efficient if your device is still covered. You just take it to the Apple store rather than have to mail it like with other brands. Customer support is good.

Once you get how Macs work, they don't require much maintenance. No drivers and less hassle when install/uninstalling things. Everything is controlled and spoon-fed. Upgrades for the OS is guaranteed for a certain number years, so the person will be always up to date for the most part.

Usually known for getting less viruses. Some of my friends with MacBooks literally get told Macs don't get viruses when they bought it.

I'm more of a PC person myself, but Macbooks just werk for most people.

kubuntu looks good as fuck , try it if you dont have a jewvidia gpu

Because it's the only alternative to Windows for normies. Windows machines still slow down for me and start with weird problems after a few months even when they're secure and only used for professional software. Linux machines on the other hand require almost no maintenance or fiddling around with once you get them working and don't degrade over time. Mac users get that without having bother with anything at all.