I'll be visiting my family. They're sperad out from New York City to Washington DC. How's the public transport?

I'll be visiting my family. They're sperad out from New York City to Washington DC. How's the public transport?

Decent but expensive. You have a couple options but the least expensive one would be to take a bus from NYC to DC which should take a little less than 6 hours.

>How's the public transport?
Doable on the east coast. don't expect it to be like europe though.

Heh

The problem is that the distances are far as fuck which makes getting anywhere fast an ordeal if you don't have a car.

Aren't trains basically designed for that?

not here lol

Expensive because of the exchange rate or in general?

What's wrong with trains?

>American trains
Literally all trains are used for here is to haul cargo or go from one big city to the next unless you live in or around NYC.
In general. An AMTRAK ticket will set you back 50 USD while a bus ticket will set you back about 20 USD.

>trains in America
>after 1940s
What are you on about?

our public transport sucks because everyone has cars. you can do it on the east coast but it will not be comfortable or efficient.

im talking about getting from city to city, you can do fine in nyc without a car

Nothing, it's just in the US they're old as fuck and used very infrequently if you don't live in a big city. Trains VERY rarely stop at small towns and even then they only do so if it's a tourist trap.

I feel like there is a story to this. Was there some sort of train catastrophy in the 40s? A bus seems incredibly inefficient.

No, the interstate was built in the 50s so cross country automobile travel became the standard

Okay, so I'll have to take a bus. Would you say it's safe enough to take a nap inside one?

There were several, along with numerous corruption scandals that caused previously huge Locomotive conglomerates to go bankrupt. The US government owns half of the stock of all train companies America now because otherwise they would have all gone tits up.

Also GM and automotive companies lobbied hard for federal highway funding which is why we have an extensive system of highways but not one for trains. Coupled with there being more cars than people in the US and pedestrian usage of trains took a big hit.

Depends on the amount of niggers riding with you. Just keep your belongings on you and you should be relatively fine

Yeah they're fine. You don't have to worry anymore than you would in Europe.

And how do the busses look? Do they have AC?

They look fine. Very clean, nice and sleek inside and out.
>Do they have AC
All the AC you could ever dream of.

>Do they have AC?
It'll already be cold out this time of year, but yes. They also have heating.

Too many nigs. Memes about Slavs not being humans aside, don't get yourself killed m8.

Thanks everyone.

Hey you shut up

You'll be fine

Within the cities, it's ok. Outside the cities, you're S.O.L. Just rent a car.

Nigger pls leave.

Make me

Getting the boats ready rn, don't worry, you'll be compensated with A goat and 40 acres of prime grassland, but

>All these bumfuck Midwesterners ITT that don't know what the Northeast Regional or Acela are