/cfb/ offseason general 3.5 - big xii is FUCKED edition

With the removal of Baylor President Ken Starr, this means three interim presidents at the Big 12 Presidents meeting on Tuesday.

Looks like you're fucked for another year, Dead Conference Walking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7LF9qx2r6c8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Save the Big 12 based Kirby

First for
>Our year

>old thread died
Oh well, at least we don't have to listen to Wyomingfag anymore.

>67932182
This picture gave my laptop genital warts.

Hey look OP, it's five stable conferences.

wyo fag here. you're not getting rid of me.
i was kinda joking when i said we'd be a fit for the B1G, but not the XII or the PAC

>threadly reminder that JAWJA has not won a National Championsip since Pac-Man was first realeased

>Mad at sluts
What for friend?

>not posting link to previous thread in the op

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>noted Heisman winner Jeremy Johnson (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2013 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Jovon Robinson (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Chandler Cox (a top 3 FB already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Kamryn Pettway (literally a Chandler Cox-clone)
>Tony Stevens (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Tray Matthews (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kerryon Johnson (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Carl Lawson (best DE in country)

>Best pass rush in the SEC
>Best LB corp in the SEC
>Besy secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Tigers are missing the playoffs this season

The Auburn national championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

oklahoma will be leaving soom

#
>implying dabo won't go to UAB and sweep bama in the playoffs 4 consecutive times enroute to winning 24 ships in 31 playoff appearances
>the eternal UAB dynasty makes Bama irrelevant and forced to drop to the FCS and eventually D2 because of running costs and low attendance
>UAB moves into Bamas now vacant stadium and calls it home, ushering a new era of dominance
>UAB-Auburn becomes the biggest rivalry since Yale-Harvard and Army-Navy
>Dabo retires as a hall of fame inductee after his press conference
>eventually gets bored and comes out of retirement 4 years down the line, for one year
>hobbling, weak 82 year old Dabo leads Alabama to their first winning season in 40+ years and wins the D2 natty
>"its the least I could do for my alma mater ;-)"
>in the locker the team celebrates, the 8 decade old Dabo manages to lift the weak and brittle bones in his arms and dabs while his players smile and laugh
>behind their smiles are weary eyes, knowing how ashamed for letting this happen to the once proud program
>Bama slumps to a 2-8 record following his 2nd retirement

my hope for the new big 12
>wvu leaves for acc.
>colo state added as 10th member
>boise state added as 11th member
>houston added as 12th member
>baylor kicked out for current allegations, besides, we don't need more than one religious school.
>replaced by byu
>texas tech kicked out due to small market size of lubbock
>replaced by wyoming
i think this would rate as the 2nd best p5, right after the B1G. does anybody else think this is a realistic possibility
go, wyo!

They were a meme and lost a lot of talent. Losing to Texas again this year baka

Who in the sec west do you actually think Auburn will beat this year?

Does Auburn reach a winning record against Bama before they drop into irrelevancy? Is that the final nail in the coffin?

>Who in the sec west do you actually think Auburn will beat this year?

For sure:
Bama
Ole Miss
LSU

Maybe:
Arkansas

Oh wait, I read that wrong. Those are the teams that will beat Auburn

Preseason delusional me: 15-0
Relatively realistic me: Mississippi State (I don't think they can replace Prescott that easily), Arkansas (because it's at home), two of LSU, Ole Miss, A&M or Bama, in addition to Vandy, potentially Georgia, and the non-P5 teams we play, for an 8-4 or 9-3 season before bowl.

>wanting wyoming to go the big 12
>struggle in the MWC, thinking you'll be anything more than the Purdue/Wake Forest/Vanderbilt of the Big 12
win a few conference titles first, until then stick in your lane. to think I used to root for you guys until you got annoying. damn shame

Face it buddy they're a 2 win team, 3 if they beat Vandy

We don't lose to non P5 teams, so we're a 3 or 4 win team, thank you very much.

3-9

They beat Rhode Island, Ohio, and TCU

Rock Chalk

Cuck Hawk

Gonna beat k state this year

They're stable conferences because they have a ton of shit in them

WVU will never be in the ACC because those faggots are too scared...

am i delusional to think we (uva) could bowl this year.

Well the ACC is dick so probably

6-6 and a shitty bowl 2bh (you)vabro

I hate everything any of you post, but I don't hate this.

Anything involving "WVU gets the fuck out" is something I'm on board for. The Big 12 is too stupid/cowardly to expand into SEC/B1G states, so western expansion it is.

WYO is a tiny-ass school with no media market and no prospects. You're lucky you've even in the MW.

WVU didn't deserve to be in the XII either, and yet there they are.

we were a founding member of the mw thank you very much, they wanted us over fresno or boise or nevada, or any of them. we ARE the mw. it wouldnt exist without us, they should be thanking their lucky stars we havent left yet

inb4 shity michigan pasta

They'd just replace you with someone good.

The MW formed cuz the WAC was too damn big, so anyone they could take into going with them formed the new conference. I mean, New Mexico went, too. NEW MEXICO.

Settle down.

1. WVU will never be allowed into the ACC. Their academics are shit tier and the ACC is already bloated as it is.
2. Baylor isn't going anywhere
3. Wyoming isn't going anywhere

new mexico is an elite member of the conference. honestly i think they should be a package deal with us when we go to the XII/PAC.

mwc pecking order
>colo st
>new mexico
>wyo
>unlv
>sdsu
>air force
>boise
>nevada
>utah st
>fresno st
>san jose st
>hawaii

Threadly reminder that the G5 conferences should split off from the P5.

> we don't need more than one religious school

Dude. It's TEXAS.

They're all religious schools.

you forgot to put the jayhawk logo on kansas

>not including BYU as a G5
>randomly spreading Texas teams over parts of the map they're not in
>mostly sure Bowling Green is in KY
>No Hawaii
>Idaho is going FCS in 2018

Time for a new map.

Dude, Wyoming has had 2 winning seasons in the last 10 years. Give it up already.

Try and win the Mountain West at least ONCE before getting all aroused by the Big XII.

Oh wait, there's Hawaii.

But still.

bowling green is the name of the city wku is in. but there is a bowling green ohio as well.

KU's too good at basketball to get kicked out of the big 12

And their football team can only get better... r-right?

Oh well fuck me, I don't even think people who go to MAC schools follow the MAC.

>BYU is a P5 independent by every metric. Also, they're on P5 maps.

>Hawaii is on the map you faggot. Use your eyes.

>Bowling Green is part of the Ohio University system. Suck my dick.

>Is it 2018? No. Suck my dick again.

Your concerns over Texas are legitimate. I don't know enough about how the fanbases are spread out there.

WAYLP.

They certainly can't get any worse.

if you're this assblasted go ahead and make one yourself and post ITT

BYU is P5 like the entire Mountain West is P5.

Name one other P5 team whose basketball teams plays in a non-football FCS conference.

Going independent doesn't make you relevant, BYU is garbage and Brigham Young was a garbage insane human who murdered non-whites in his spare time.

Get fucked, BYU.

I just graduated from there this month.. They literally went 0-for my senior year when I lived in a 10 man house about 150 feet from the football stadium ....... ;_:

we may have not had the most success in football, but we won the basketball championionship in 1943, and may win it again soon with how much we've improved. also we won skiing championonionship in '68. our football team will prob be a solid 7-5 next year.

Nah mang, I ain't goin' to reddit.

>7-5 in the Mountain West

Well. The Big 12 should come calling any second, you're in!!

In fact, wait, UTEP has wont he basketball national title more recently than you have, maybe they can help round out the membership. WE GOT OURSELVES A SCOOP, FOLKS.

Hey guys, we relevant now, rite?

Wins: UCONN, Cent Mich, PITT, Wake (generous desu)

Losses: Richmond, Oregon, Duke, NC, Louis, Miami, VT

no because there is already 4 in texas. 7-5 is a starting point for us. we would improve from there, and if we can win 8+ every year from 2020 to 2025 the XII or pac would be calling for us. especially because we will likely have at least a few final fours and maybe a championionship in bball. i'm not saying we're ready yet, but it would be a good investment for one of them to get us.

NEW YEARS SIX BOWL GAME WINS
AAC: 1
Big XII: 0

FACT: Washington has had the one of the best, if not THE BEST defense in the country over the last 3 years
FACT: Washington has the best qb/rb duo in Browning and Gaskin
FACT: Washington faces a relatively weak schedule and could easily go undefeated
FACT: Washington had 50 freshman on the team last year. With almost the entire team returning, the future is bright.
FACT: With no Sark holding them back, UW now is lead by Chris "the literal madman" Peterson
FACT: The Huskies are going all the way

Not as long as WVU is in the conference.

And even then, your media market is less desirable than literally every other team in the MWC.

Shut. Up.

>We

God not you washington fucks again.

Sup Forums hates you guys for the seahawks, try not to spread your trash state here, k?

FACT: You're still Washington.

We is acceptable if you are a student or alumni of the university, faggot. The team literally represents you.

>mfw Auburn gets BTFO week 1 in their own stadium on national tv

like i said earlier,, this would be assuming wvu goes to the acc. our media market is bigger than cincinati. 600k in wyoming, less than 300k in cinccinnatti. nobody else in mwc but unlv can claim a bball championionship, and they're too far west.

There will be an inspirational sports movie written about the glorious KU football rebuild. Gotta fire Beaty first tho. Dude is retarded

>implying

what position do you play on the team?

I went to high school with Tony Stevens

there would be no team without loving fans

Don't use math, motherfucker. An "in" in Cincinnati means you're reaching the entire Ohio media market, which is just a TAD larger than the sixteen people who live in Wyoming.

If the MW gets raided by anyone, literally the least two desirable teams are NM and WYO, and that's even if you go 12-0 next year.

Mad at the Y?

"YOO CANT USE THAT WORD"

holy fuck Weposters are autistic

you can get upset about literally anything in the world and you choose this?

more like a Hail Joseph Smith amirite?

but we also have fans in montana and south dakota and east idaho as well. you could put us on tv there and probably they would watch. especially the bball team, since we are on the up and up.

The only thing better than watching Nebraska lose it watching Wisconsin, Iowa, or Michigan lose.

Nah, a hail jesus would be better. Mormons don't worship prophets.

NOBODY LIVES IN THE DESERT, you're know this if you'd ever been further east than Cheyenne.

Posting a classic

the Big XII is a long shot for y'all...but you still may join a Power Conference someday.

Eventually, odds are that the P5 will split off from G5-- Cost of Attendance and level of competition, among other things, will ultimately cause the split.

But here's the kicker:
There are enough good teams and good media markets OUTSIDE the P5 to make up a whole new Power Conference. I think these teams will form a new, sixth, power conference.

If you're lucky, Wyoming will be one of those lucky G5s. Boise will almost assuredly be. For now, focus on WINNING.

Look at what Houston has done in a short time. Winning the Access Bowl could do wonders for Wyo. Concentrate on the here and now.

i am unaware of what you are referring to
thank you, this is what i am trying to say. hes acting like i want a XII invite tomorow, i know it will be a long road, but we will get there one day. you are much smarter than him

I remember that game. That was the game where I knew for certain Mack Brown was a goner.

Unless you see a future in which another 1.2m people move to Wyoming, like, right now, you're just talking out your ass.

hispanic population in wyo is increasing. they breed more than other races so i think we may be nearing 3m ppulation by 2025

>boo hoo, i don't see as many white faces
That population is growing way faster in TX, NM, AZ... take your ass back to Casper.

Is it just one person who argues in all of these threads for Wyoming joining the Big XII or is it multiple people? Please respond to this post

i didnt even imply it was a bad thing. i lve the hispanics. i think they make wyo a better place. why did you assume it was bad, are you racist? i think it is good because it will make wyo bigger.

it is me everytime. i think there is one other from wyo, but he i dont think is fan of wyo,

U need to stop

Remember Sup Forums, you heard it here first.

>Agrees to let WVU out after 2018
>Poaches two non-P5 private schools from within SEC territory in time for 2017 (Private schools are way easier to obtain than fighting state bureaucracy aka pro-SEC jewry)
>Announces virtual bidding war for the final spot after WVU leaves to rebalance at 12

i wont stop until im proven right, but i do think ill tone it down some. wyo is a hot topic right now, but i dont want to take up to much of the board.

It makes me feel better now that I know its just you. I was starting to doubt my original opinion because I thought that was becoming a popular consensus, but it's not! Have fun in Wyoming!

i do have fun in wyo, thank you!. and i think that slowly i am persuading people to my pov. and i guarantee you it is a popular opinion among athletic directors of schools. they see the potential, the see the basketball championionship, they see the fan support. they know they will have to act quick or miss out. i wish you werent rude, we should all be nice here.

>THIS mad at Washington

we here in wyo love washington as our 2nd fav team.

Anyone else bandwagoning UGA this year?

youtube.com/watch?v=7LF9qx2r6c8

They've consistently had the best recruiting classes but just a beta coach- but that changed this year. I'm putting money on them winning the SEC this year. Especially since they have Jacob Eason -- and Chubb is coming back.

i like uga, but i think there will be growing pains with the new hc. i've got them 2nd in the east to uf