How much cultural influence did your former coloniser leave in your cunt

How much cultural influence did your former coloniser leave in your cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Indonesia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Latin language and roots of western civilisation.

A lot

Which one, Turks or Brits? Either one would be almost none.

0%
we wuz aztecs and shit

A lot

Because you are the coloniser, you stupid shit.

>balkanlar
>no turkish influence

half your laws are taken from ottoman empire

Map is from 1914, you guys were gone by then I think

Perhaps we should ask a Palestinian instead

Not so much, i would say. Their influence mostly presents in a tiny part of our language, and cuisine.

Enough to grant us the honorific "Little Rome" for some time

t. first gen Eritrean immigrant

While it's true, most of them got changed, modified, and corrected. Meaning it failed to leave any visible mark of Ottoman/Turkish legacy.

:^)

You have to go back, dear Ethiopian in denial

almost everything here is British, except for the maori stuff, which is pretty much only the haka and place names foreigners can't pronounce

Is French taught at all or do many speak it as a second language?

Canada is my home, but it does pain me to see Eritrea in such a shit state. Nor does it help that my papa has a bounty on his head. If I happened to take a trip there and get caught by the wrong people (i.e. government workers/Afwerki's henchmen), I could face life imprisonment or worse.

Oh, and I can't forget pic related. Best Horn of Africa history is Eritrean history.

>place names foreigners can't pronounce
i can't even pronounce them

How does the average Eritrean think of Italy and Italians? Was colonization viewed as good bad or somewhere in the middle?
I have an aunty that grew up in Eritrea in the 30's

I don't think I can provide an accurate answer. Why? Because the only Eritreans I know of are diaspora members and they have quite the skewed perception of Italy. My grandfather can recount the days when the capital city was strictly an Italian meeting place. No Eritreans were legally allowed to step foot in the streets (basically apartheid levels of discrimination). The Italian influence most likely estranged us from our Ethiopian brothers, further exacerbating regional/international tensions. I would like to think the baby boomer gen favored the advancements of (post)colonial Eritrea. As mentioned in , Asmara was the most sophisticated city in Africa for a while, and as a whole Eritrean culture was vastly superior to its neighbors. While the Ethiopians were roaming around in skimpy garments and shitty infrastructure, Eritreans went through a cultural revolution. Everyone in the downtown wore a suit/dress, new developments in Eritrean-jazz were getting popular across the country, and industrialization spurred the macroeconomy. Had it not been for Italy's help, we'd be even more irrelevant than we already are (like Saudi Arabia before the discovery of oil). The younger generations aren't as connected to the country's past but they are aware of historic wars. To sum all this up, I believe colonization carried a hefty price, but the modernization paid off the long term

Korea is the West Japan

Did we really leave nothing?

I suppose we were a Swedish colony from 1200s onwards. They gave us Christianity which pretty much affects everything culturally and left a Swedish-speaking minority.

After the Swedes czarist Russia had a go; from them we gained the architecture of Helsinki and a leaning towards overly complex bureaucracy.

>the architecture of Helsinki

Disgusting desu. If you compare Stockholm to Helsinki it's just sad. Russians ruin everything.

Thanks always interesting to hear a different perspective
Is Italian still spoken or at least loan words used etc? Thanks for the response!

Tel-Aviv was a British invention. They turned a small fishing city into a Judaic Metropole, all because of the British Empire's lust for Palestinian oranges.

Like every place you've been, you left misery, war and death.

What influence did your colonial overlord, Spain, leave in Holland?

They ruled Holland for a hundred years.

>Dutch West Indies

Well, spanish is one of our official languages and we take siestas, so there's that

Well, other cities here aren't much better. Boomer architects were pretty thorough in turning all things old and beautiful into Soviet-influenced modernist trash.

We need to make Congo great again desu

In Holland? Not much.
Spain had more influence on Flanders, Brabant, Zealand and Limbourg (with the exception of Maastricht). It was the least influential on Frisia, Guelders, the Ommelanden and Drenthe (the latter mostly because it was too poor). They were mildly influential in Overijssel, Utrecht and the City of Groningen.

>Boer genocide

Leafistan

We owe everything to the British Empire. God save her Majesty.

I know we have a few French towns east of Ontario, but they don't really matter.

Portugal had more influence over Canada than France (both are irrelevant here).

Nothing besides the language.

Too much

We basically speak latin and we're very defensive when it come to defend our latin heritage.

>this level of butthurt

We made Canada, as for you you're merely Angloized French.

>Is French taught at all
Nope.
>or do many speak it as a second language?
None can speak French, we can't even learn English well.

So, which one is worse?

Eastern Poland and South are poor because they were under Russia and Austria.

Western Poland is rich, but people that live there aren't even fucking people, but pure bydlo trash.

But is says that there is more crime in the western part. They are richer and also commit more crimes?

Virtually none, somehow. Goes for both Sweden and Russia but especially Russia.

They're pic related.
Poles from Eastern Parts of old Poland.

they left me and many ther russians, so we influenced on local culture a lot. we brought vodka.

So, western Poles are actually Eastern Poles, who are poorer, but also richer and simultaneously commit more crimes, while being more well-off? Poland is very confusing country.

You guys also speak Russian right?

>So, western Poles are actually Eastern Poles, who are poorer, but also richer and simultaneously commit more crimes, while being more well-off?
Yes. In short.
>Poland is very confusing country
Polish history is confusing as fuck.

Concentration camps.

yep. it's like 99% of people living in the cities speak russian, at least on the north.

>perfidious dutch talking shit about based empire style
funny thing is the r*ssians copied the dutch and other central european countries when it came to designing st. petersburg, the town that influenced the helsinki empire center designer the most.

Do many Kazakh or is it a dead language

DUTCH'd

Russia arguably except for architecture and later an attempt to russify the country, but there's no denying that the swedish kingdom didn't have an effect on finns, maybe less than the swedes like to think and more than your average bönde but still it's there.

other than education and law there isn't any notable dutch influence

almost every kazakh speaks kazakh language on different level. in the cities you can find a kazakh barely spaking it, in some rural areas, especialy on the south or west of kazakhstan you can meet a kazakh barely speaking russian. it's definitely not dead.

Russia left nothing but some statue in helsinki. things from sweden are swedish being an official language and the nordic cross flag plus laws, sweden and finland have almost exactly same laws

Well, perhaps the shape of your country, the railways, the buildings and your flag?

Too much.

>the shape of your country
only the law, also included in education
>the buildings
very very few, we did most of them after independence
>your flag
dutch have nothing to do with our flag

We have never been a colony of Spain. We wee just a part of the personal union of the Habsburg dynasty. Just like how the UK was a part of the personal union of the Oranje-Nassau family and yet we have never considered the UK as ours.

What's the origin of your flag then? This is one of the things I have always wanted to know.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Indonesia

0%

This thread isn't about about actual colonies, otherwise no european country would be included. Having been under the rule of some kind of overlord is enough.

not that guy, but I always thought Indonesia was NL's flag (red for the people, white for religion, blue for the monarchy (Nassaus)) minus the monarchy i.e. minus the dutch influence.
Thanks for clearing that up

Moor memes, despite being kicked off 800 years ago.

Also, they left some nifty architecture in the south, some pretty useful ship designs, mathematics knowledge and some sour oranges we proceeded to make sweet and they all named it after us.

Thank you

I actually don't know what the months are in my mother tongue, everyone just uses the English ones instead.

Why was the Philippines more influenced by the United States than they were by Spain?

The french left some shitty hard to maintain buildings and genocide, the ottoman left some shitty laws, the Arabs a shitty foreign culture. I Wish we were still Numidians tbqh.

That manlet on the right disgraces us all.

Hamburger and coke

Looks like my lunch yesterday. And the day before that...

youth degradation and alcoholism/criminal lifestyle propaganda
tasteless architecture
russified regions
reason for good ukrainian literature about slavery time

Doubled. Ukraine is probably shittiest country on Earth, even shittier than Russia (because that was a russian colony). Ukrainians are like degraded russians.
Used to live there.

>19 KB, 592x249

Another high quality map brought to you by Sup Forums. Australian internet for you.

Practically everything. From language to general lazyness.

> Romans
A lot. Language, agriculture, society, everything. Our culture is basically rooted in the Roman Empire.

> Arabs
20-30% of language and 40-50% of food.

> Arabs
>20-30% of language and 40-50% of food.

wtf. i hate spain now.

You should see the city centre of Oulu. And then compare it to the old pictures of Oulu.

It's so disgusting to see so many old and beautiful buildings destroyed for commieblock styled shit buildings.

And success.

>Persians
Zoroastrism, then Shia islam
>Arabs
Islam
>Russians
European values, education and nice architecture
>Ottomans
Helped to revive Turkic nationalism and helped us during battle of Baku

Joke's on you, yo aún hago las tortillas a mano

that's not true

Our language, parts of our government, and our legal system.

>den Koning van Hispanje, heb ik altijd geëerd

I don't get it.

William the Silent honored the King of Spain, and it pained him to betray him in favor of the Dutch people.

The British did leave infrastructure behind and the language. Not sure about the culture though.

Why do all Eritreans come to Switzerland? Are you guys so keen on leeching off welfare and raping our women?

t. cucked

delet this bruce
delet this right now