Now that the dust has cleared, can we agree that he is the best CB of the modern era...

Now that the dust has cleared, can we agree that he is the best CB of the modern era? Didn't put a foot wrong defensively last night and scored the only goal, his 2nd goal in consecutive finals for him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpqtmiheOvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sergio "make a red card foul in every big game" Ramos

He's not even top 10 of the last decade

Not even close, scoring goals doesn't make you a good centre back. He constantly makes positional mistakes and is bailed out by refs being too scared of showing him a red card.

Real's defence is consistently underperforming.

>Real's defence is consistently underperforming

For Atletico's reputation as defensive stalwarts their defending sucked for the majority of the game last night and they couldn't break down Real until Carvahal went down injured and Simeone brought on Ferreira-Carrasco who started skinning >Danilo

Super important foul but was it a red? He didn´t touch the ball at all

Not a red, Pepe is like 10 metres ahead of him

Tbh probably the best professional foul, had he not taken him down they probably would have scored but by the laws of the game you can't say at the halfway line there's a clear goalscoring opportunity and nor was he the last man so it's a yellow

It doesn't have to be a clear goal scoring opportunity to be a red. If the tackle is severe enough ( including context) then it can be a red. There is nothing to suggest it would have been wrong to give a red.

It was not a severe tackle though. This is about the darkest shade of yellow you can give. It's better to give this a yellow than a red, because he was not the last man.

one visit at a decent barber turned him from a 6/10 into a sex god. really makes you think

it was offside though

It's not severe, is a clear foul to cut the counterattack like there are plenty in other matches, and it always ends in yellow card.

Full speed foul directly from behind, no where near the ball.

Clear red, ref was just scard as fuck to do it in a final

no, clear yellow

I agree it comes down to the decision of the ref and he took the safer one, but a straight red would have been fine in this situation. The tackle was pretty severe, and when you consider that it's a blatant professional foul and when in the match it happened.

No and i hate real madrid but Ramos delivers every important match unlike le invisible in finals but score the matchwinning penalty man

That foul pissed me off but he had to make it. If he doesn't, Atleti win it there.

some think the severity pumps it up a tier

personally im fine with a yellow or a red. i wouldnt complain about the call.

On the other hand why did poopoo not get (second)yellow for his theater the ref clearly saw his actions

Refs are too afraid to give cards to Real in general.

Obviously he could have made a big statement sending that cancer off.

well, pepe was an asshole but saul (?) touched his eye, pepe overreacted but you cant give a card for this

He did it on like 3 separate occasions

Because, although he's an idiot sometimes, Pepe was actually hit in the face both times he went down.

>Unsporting Behaviour (Simulation)
>A player who attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled is guilty of simulation.
>Directive
>If blatant simulation, caution
>If minimal contact, consider cautioning player

>Real's defence is consistently underperforming.
True,theier defence is never consistend enough for a whole season
>scoring goals doesn't make you a good centre back
this,it's not his job to score goals.Also he is to brutal sometimes,he had several incidents where he just wanted to break the bones of his oppenents.He is a very good defender,tho

IT was a double red, hacking someone from behind #1
Preventing a goal scoring opportunity #2

Second is a bit debatable by muh last man apologists. In the end, it did not really affected anything, but it should have been a red.

so what

He's one of the great defenders of the modern era, but he's too mistake prone and get's too many red cards.

Never a red. Non-dangerous slide from behind with no clear goal scoring opportunity (he had another defender a good 10 yards in front and surrounded by Real players, plus he was in the centre circle)

Who else
/feelsgoodbeingthebadguys/ ?

>offside goal
>red card offense in extra time
'no'

Spain have Two GOAT CB's

Euros is over lads

>Never a red

It easily could have been. It was a potentially dangerous challenge made purely to cause a foul and kill the game in the dying minutes.

That's Danilo you dummy

no he wasn't there's a massive difference between touch and hit

when hes on form and fully focused in a match hes incredible, the past few years he "turns on" late in the season and puts in good performances.

but he does make a lot of really fucking dumb mistakes on a regular basis. this year was actually a bad season for him. we can say the same shit about pepe too. its been a weird year for madrid because they can look incredible and look like shit in the same game and ramos is one of the maximum exponents of that.

It was 100% a yellow, but no chance it was a red.

The challenge wasn't overly physical, just a professional foul. It was to save the game, I would have done it for my team any time.

in the picture they posted it looks worse but in real time he slid in from the side and attacked the ball diagonally, so it wasn't a tackle from behind

it was risky but it was a tactical foul. not that big of a deal, teams do this all the time.

he's definitely the best in an open system playing attractive football

The fact it's a professional foul is exactly why it could have been given a red. Referees are allowed to take context into account when determining punishment and the context here increases the severity of the foul.

The referee did and decided not to.

Professional fouls aren't automatic red cards.

Clattenberg actually had a decent game for once.

But professional fouls have never been red cards unless you're the last defender, which he wasn't

>It was 100% a yellow, but no chance it was a red.

100% yellow is when you pull the shirt of the counterattacking player when you lose the ball at the oppositions penalty are

>It was to save the game, I would have done it for my team any time.

Of course. That is why Suarez is a hero and got so much unfair hate that made him into a biting goblin. Nevertheless his red was justified.

never in my life seen a red given in a situation like this even once desu

unless people go in clumsily/studs up or aimed too high on someones leg or something. but this tackle was pretty clean

>not even 24 hours
>rewriting history this soon

m9

youtube.com/watch?v=tpqtmiheOvg

What's your point?

No pundits or commentators thought it was a red, most fans don't apart from those who hate Real Madrid. I can't stand them or Ramos but it was no red.

he came in from the side though, not hacking from behind like you said.

idk what youre getting at. it was a tackle from the side and he only hit the back of the guys leg with his trailing foot...

yellow all day, never a red.

did he even score that goal though?

i dont think so

Godin is better.

my point is
>In the end, it did not really affected anything, but it should have been a red.

On the contrary, many said it should have been a red, only Real/Ramos apologists say otherwise. I don't care, I have no horse in this race. Real got lucky with the decisions e.g. offside goal, but Clattenburg was good for the best part.
Last year Uefalona was much more favoured in the final.

he is behind Carrasco

carrasco is clearly ahead

it doesn't look red at all. it wasn't dangerous either.

>they conceded the least amount of goals in ucl
>underperforming

at the moment of the tackle they are almost exactly side by side

>non dangerous slide
>from behind
are you literally retarded? the attacker has no way of knowing he is gonna make that slide

with a bit of luck he could have hurt him pretty bad

>all this salt

Lmao

GOAT defender, no question about it.

Stay mad ABRM's

>almost exactly

nice weasel

He would get more red card if he didn't play for Madrid

who is the other one ?

Le get illegal goals and red cards allowed due to playing in Madrid AKA Fernanpollas Hierro AKA Manuela Sanchís AKA Etarra Alonso AKA every Halal player ever OZÚ KILLO "man"

>le shit haircut and beard man

That would be Fabio Cannavaro. Or Matthaus, depending on how you define "modern era".

>Cannavaro
Nesta was better
>Matthaus
Was a midfielder