When did things start to go downhill for him?

When did things start to go downhill for him?

>inb4 hurr durr he was never good meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=suzKXVwUPrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

after reaching like 30-33 years, goalkeepers must work much harder to keep themselves in form.
Casillas had shitty work rate, so he started to be mediocre.

You can pinpoint the exact moment.

he was never good, he literally had a free ride all his career, except at the elite club level when he was FORCED to play against equally big teams, in which he failed starting with 18 year old messi and ending when he got benched by mourinho after failing to win a champions league in 10 years. There's a reason he is the goalkeeper Messi has scored the most on. The only saving grace is that an even bigger choker failed the 1v1 against him in the world cup final

>he was never good
good pure american opinion right here, nice

He's always been a comedy goalie at everything that wasn't shot-stopping.

A fave of mine:
youtube.com/watch?v=suzKXVwUPrg

Casillas was never a great keeper, he more often than not just had shots hit right at him most of the times

Traumatised ever since

Lol

>political turmoil and locker room issues
>injured
>loss of confidence
>relied on his reflexes, which is lost with age

I wonder.

>he was never good
i've seen dumb things before but this is too much

Casillas was just reflexes and nothing else, never improved his aerial abilities or positioning.

he was never that good though

he was great for his age in like 2002, but like 90% of promising young players, he didn't turn out to be a great player afterall
it's just easy to get away with it if you're playing behind the defense of one of the world's best clubs

his shitty work rate was because of his gk trainer.

But RM's defence was mostly shite for the vast majority of his career at the club.

This is what caused his downfall.

todo empezo con un conocido de iker

of course most will claim he was never good
how would they know when most here were literally shitting their nappies when he was good

He was good.

However, he depended on reflex-ability, which goes rapidly downhill with age.

Also by that point he'd won literally everything in football there is to win, so what's the point in trying to keep up?

Probably when he became a snitch

>lazy Spaniard
Color me shocked

Compared with other clubs of its stature maybe, but still the team would comfortably control most matches in league and cups to not have him regularly tested.

Does he think players aren't allowed to tackle him?

that's called positioning

if a gk is any good and is playing with a competent defense he shouldn't have to make many heroic diving saves

Robbens face is comedy gold haha someone should screenshot it lol

Who the hell is this faggot?

Contender for GOAT if not for Buffon. Held the rank at real and Spain for many years. Still a good goalkeeper the move to porto was very smart. Still a top club in its country and he's still good enough to hold the spot. Should retire there though.

>mfw some people actually blame Mou for this
Mou just called him out on his shit.

7 hours and still no (you)s fuck you spee

We don't speak French m8

>blaming others for failures

Why am i not surprised Mexico?

TRY SPEAKING AMERICAN NEXT TIME FAGGIT!!

JUST

>straya

he probably struggled to be in the top 5 world gks when he was still young. Kahn, Cech, Van der Sar, Julio Cesar, Buffon...imho Casillas was not better than these

even victor valdez looked like a good keeper behind a great team

iker has just been fortunate

but when put to the challenge he has failed literally every time except for his toe hitting robbens shot

the goal he let in against atletico sealed the deal, that fucker was done and Mourinho knew it

t. soccer fan since 2010

And that's why they struggled to go past round of 16 in CL for so long, shit defence and mediocre goalie.

Ah yes, I fondly remember the days when they got cucked by Lyon in the round of 16 year
after year
after year

lel the faggot pretending he was hurt to hide his fuck up

>before JUST and after JUST
JUST

During Real Madrid's semiprofessional years (2005-2010) Casillas was the least bad thing in the team

>all these revisionist retards saying Casillas was always bad because Mourinho said so

In all likelihood you all rarely ever watched him play

hurr durr he was never good

I love mou for breaking him.
LCIM finished the job though

El nunca fue bueno

>*record scratch*

Yet they did better in the league during that period.

Casillias was good in two big games in his entire career, CL final vs Leverkusen and world cup final vs Netherlands.

He's shit.

Shit keeper that was able to hide in a babby league for a decade where he didn't have to do anything. Exposed now that he's in Portugal and having to do some actual goalkeeping.

post keksillas

>le spanish league is terrible meme
Fucking anglos back at it again

classic move

>Wants to blame others for his fuck up

Fucking faggot

His biggest strength was always his reflexes. When he started slowing, he had a much more rapid drop-off compared to keepers like Van der Sar, Kahn, Buffon, etc. who all kicked around the top level for years.

Mou killed him when he decided to make peace with Barça for the NT while getting injured by Arbeloa