This is Oracle Arena, the current name of a building that has housed the Golden State Warriors since 1971

This is Oracle Arena, the current name of a building that has housed the Golden State Warriors since 1971.

I have a sneaking suspicion that all arenas/stadiums are basically the same, save for the architecture. What makes yours so special, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rXC-GyjaLeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you implying that the Oracle Arena is special? nobody gave a fuck about the warriors until halfway through last season.....I went to a preseason game and there was zero enthusiasm for golden state, except from the handful of guys who wanted to watch steve kerr coach live

I think I meant it like, "What makes YOUR arena so special," not Oracle in particular.

Because clearly Oracle sucks (and is older than Key Arena, which was so bad that the Sonics moved).

>area built in 1971
>first sellout game two years ago

Nice city you got there

>all arenas/stadiums are basically the same, save for the architecture

>all houses are basically the same, save for the architecture

>all structures are basically the same, save for the architecture

>all food is the same, save for the ingredients

my dad told me about what soldier field looked like when he was a kid
with roman pillars and stuff; really distinct
and they renovated it; and now it's fucking boring looking

but then I was really surprised the first time I went to a basketball game at Northwestern cuz their arena looks like it's never been renovated....has a very cool vibe and a unique atmosphere, mostly because of the non-modern design

>Oakland

every owner wants a generic stadium, and will get it, unless you're lucky enough to have yours protected as a historical landmark.

>Wrigley
>a few colleges, i think

I go to Northwestern. Welsh-Ryan Arena is a dump.

I like it dude. Prefer it to other basketball arena I've gone to, to be honest. At least it has character

It's not special. Hence why they're moving to a brand new arena in San Francisco.

>being this wrong

I've always liked the verizon center because it looks like it could pass off as something else. Idk it's not really all that special I guess it's right downtown and it's a pretty nice arena.

Good to see 15 year olds on Sup Forums don't know about the We Believe Warriors let alone Run TMC.

>San Francisco
>not San Jose

Literally what the fuck is wrong with you people.

Fuck San Jose

HI I'm here for the bait oooo delicious!

>Literally bigger than either Oakland OR San Francisco

NO YOU

San Francisco is a world renowned city, while San Jose is an overgrown suburb.

It's all good, from Diego to tha Bay
Your city is tha bomb if your city makin pay

>SFO
>small coastal tourist town with less than a million people

>San Jose
>10th largest city in the country

U mad tho

SJ is boring as fuck.

Comparing SF to SJ is not even fair. SF blows SJ outta da water.

But SF has a bunch of homeless, I think this is the worst part about the city. fuck SF.

>t.east bay resident

I'm not from either city but San Jose is honestly the least impressive big city in the US.

>more boring
Maybe so, but it has more people. You know where else is boring af but has shit-tons of people?

San Diego.

And they get the NFL, MLB, and the NBA too if Donald Sterling hadn't stolen them 30 years ago. San Jose is way more deserving than your tiny little beach community.

Is it because they HAVE NO SPORTS TEAMS?!

>Went to SJSU
>Place is dead as shit on the weekends
>TFW lets all go to San Francisco to do shit people
>TFW was born and raised in San Francisco
AND THAT IS WHY GSW IS COMING TO SF.
SAN FRANCISCO IS WHERE ALL THE SHIT IS HAPPENING!

>sharks
>quakes

Also all the SJSU sports teams are fucking terrible, I had thought MW membership might fix that but you said 'went' so maybe you missed it.

This guy knows how to party.

>sharks sucked before this year
>soccer still struggling for popularity

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet.

The Emirates copied it

>Basically the same, save for the architecture.
What the fuck does that mean.

Anyway I live in England and have grown up in an atmosphere of largely ancient stadiums just being expanded and altered, several of them unique.
There where buildings of really shite bowls in the 90s, followed by a brief flirtation with the construction of NFL style soulless bowls in the 2000s but we seem to be returning to individual distinct stadiums, even spurs new toilet seat has a massive separate single tier planned.

Its not an arena retard

arena
əˈriːnə/Submit
noun
a level area surrounded by seating, in which sports, entertainments, and other public events are held.

>Allianz ARENA
>Amsterdam ARENA
>ARENA Lviv
>etc

old soldiar stadium looked cool, just not enough seats. I wonder if they could have kept the columns in the design when they renovated.

this is a ski jump set up there

it looks like the outside of a shopping mall.

forgot pic

My local team Charlton's stadium used to have a giant hill as a stand. Also The Who played the loudest rock concert ever here.

am i being optically tricked or is the last tier of the stands right next to the water?

what happens in case of a tide?

The problem is that the Warriors aren't moving into the city like the Giants are 'in the city'. Their new stadium will be a 45 (FOURTY FIVE) minute walk from Market. Granted, they will only be like 20mins from CAL, but when the inevitable decline begins the tech boys from mid and south penninsula aren't going to step up to keep paying the current asking prices to see them play (ask the 9rs). And it'll be too much of a journey for anyone in the East Bay to see them.

They really should have just kept in Oakland. The techies can afford to uber over, and the long termers will always be in Oakland for when Curry and co get found out.

Those bleachers are still quite high, though home run balls are often hit over that wall.... Barry Bonds used to do that a lot, but clearly you are too young to remember such things and I need to logout now to drink.

youtube.com/watch?v=rXC-GyjaLeU

>what happens in case of a tide?
the stadium is pretty far inside a bay so they don't really get big tides

THREE SIDES!
WE'VE ONLY GOT THREE SIDES!
THREE SIDES!

Ran out of money halfway through stadium construction, got bought by a businessman who renamed it after himself and didn't build one of the stands.

>Cottage in the corner giving Craven Cottage the name
>Old terrace roofing
>Cosiest ground in the UK
>Situated on the Thames

>have to chase the ball into the parking lot/car park after a goal

Reminds me of being ten again, tbqh

Have been, can confirm. If you look to the left while sitting in the away end you can see boats going past on the Thames.
Shame the Home fans are so quiet though.

It has its bonuses desu. The away section is at the end of the stand on the right in that photo. During the last game of the season (which we had to win for promotion) it was a sell out, so people who didn't have tickets parked their cars next to the wall behind the goal and stood on the roofs bantering the away fans off for 90 minutes.

looks comfy. what goes on in the corner cottage?

They drink a shit ton of tea

This thread is about arenas, not your opinion on the team dipshit

I go to uni in Sj. It's basically a shitty version of LA with it's wannabe urban sprawl. There is honestly no one downtown and the first time someone told me it was the third largest city in California I couldnt fucking believe it. San Jose is just a larger version of Stockton.

Looking forward to all the saltiness of the curry and Oakland haters tomorrow

Also here lifelong Oakland basketball club fan.

so if the warriors lose you'll still be here right? a lifelong fan wouldn't hide in that case and just take it like a man. so...see you here either way right?

The cottage was actually a fuckup on behalf of the architect. When finishing his design, he realized he forgot to put dressing rooms anywhere so he stuck a cottage in one of the corners and put the dressing rooms there

Univ of Florida's stadium as a lot more vertical than other stadiums, making it a great place to watch the game from almost any level

basically you aren't 10 miles away in the upper bowl

OP the unique feature of the Oakland-Alameda county coliseum-arena complex is that it's literally one building.

The arena and coliseum share the same underground facilities, one of the reasons the arena in on an artificial hill/podium.

nice lie

The owner of the Vancouver Canucks wanted to build a new stadium, but the only available land was a small bit between two major streets, so they had to build it really tall. Upper bowl is really steep.

It's thought the current owner of the team bought it, because he gained access to some of the neighboring land, and Vancouver is the priciest real estate in North America other than Manhattan.

oh shit thats funny, Im surprised it got that far in planning without noticing. Thanks for the information

my only nhl game was there. I saw a goalie score after the other team pulled theirs. I bought one of those big styrofoam puck hats and pissed off the people sitting me behind me. good times and i still have the puck hat.

we've uh got a slide in the stadium that our mascot slides down after home runs

They are getting a new arena along the waterfront of SF. San Jose has nothing to offer them. Even the niners are in Santa Clara.

All stadiums are built the same for the same reason all auditoriums are built the same...physics.

Our baseball team has stadium with a retractable roof...first of it's kind

he used to slide in a beer mug

it's fenway park

Your logo is ugly too.

> a lot more vertical
>implying

>changing from a cool looking wood-themed structure in to a based mug to a fucking yellow plastic slide with a bland metal deck
what the fuck happened

they wanted to "clean up their image"

doesn't make sense though for a city known for its beer

that isn't the stadium from UF

I know. It's Husky Stadium, far more vertical than UF

that's dumb
1. They kept the name and the city IS known for beer
2. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't enjoy beer but ti's not like it's heroin or anything

That before or after the renovation, it's been a few years for me.

Did you end up getting relegated this year?

after
although the part in the pic saw almost no changes in the renovation, it was all at the other end

always been a big fan of craven cottage. had a soft spot for fulham since they had all those amurrcans a few years back

The main stand of Ibrox is a listed building. Apart from the addition of a third tier in 1991. The main facade has been the same since the 20's

>listed building
is this a historic listing, cant demolish type thing?