youtube.com/watch?v=ColwUC1yTmU
youtube.com/watch?v=TcOWMohYTVo
youtube.com/watch?v=EcHm5_FVu6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

divegrass steamrolls everything and leaves no survivor

I do.

Απιστευτο παιχνιδι.

Μυθος ο Σπανουλης.

True europeans like it, you greeks, us serbs, russians,lithuanians, french, spanish, italian people, hell even turks are bigger europeans than northerncucks from britannia and scandinavia

also i would like to share one story from my life, i had 5 colleagues, one of them was latvian and he was really tall and the rest of them were lithuanians, we played basketball every day all day and we were shooting 3 pointers and never missed, unbeatable street basket team, but we never slam dunked because that's monkey bussiness and we all agreed to that

hate spanish cunts, that was the last golden medal for the next 30 years for them

Those that don't watch European basketball just missed one of the best basketball games I have ever seen in my whole life, OP's pic.

really fun to play
not that exciting watching imo

Why did they let him shoot

>than northerncucks from britannia and scandinavia
>tfw living norther than any of their capitals.

youtube.com/watch?v=ColwUC1yTmU

Just watched the game very sad loss for Panatha mou. Love Diamantidis for what he has achieved. Best of luck to him. Truly was a special player.

>Kebabs unironically stating Turks are more European than us

Just because you raped your way into Eastern Europe (the shittiest part of Europe) does not make you European Mehmet.

I watch the nba and the portuguese playoffs when Benfica plays. I like basketball user, I wish Portugal had a good team but our money is channeled into youth football academies instead.

>Serbs, Russians, turks
>Europeans

>hate spanish cunts
we hate you too mate

Obviously they had to guard him more closer, even he would go for lay up Gist would have given him a block. Plus you are up by 2 points.

The reason they dont like it is because they suck at it.

And if you talk to them about basketball they ll tell you - what you mean the football played with hands? Final Four hosted at Great Britain a couple of years ago and there was no more than 100 Brits inside the stadium

Spanoulis can't lose. It's unbelievable. The ball gravitates to the basket when he shoots a buzzer beater... no words.

We don't like basket, despite winning everything

>serbia vs montenegro

Lmao why do this white niggers get rustled by each other so easily.
Could you imagine if Portugal and Spain were like that? Lmao really makes you think...

it was still the more dangerous thing to do, they could have fouled him, and if they missed they'd have won and if they didn't they didn't we could have won or worst case scenario go to a third overtime

Reminder that the only important European countries are England, France, Germany & Spain.

Because it's shit like all Americuck sports. Only cucks play them, which is why Serbs and Greek love it so much, it reminds them of the big brown Turk dick entering their Granny's Orthodox pussy

Is your Basketball league as corrupt and fixed as your football league?

True Europeans play ice hockey. Basketball is for cucks.

That feel when the next rise of the NBA salary cap expected for 2017/18 will mean that any decent Euroleague player with a chance to become a 15MPG player there will try his luck at the other side of the pond, be it just for the money alone. Sad.

england france and germany are the countries getting cucked by refugees too

what about Swedes then?

Last 10 years Greek teams have won like 5 European titles.

Does your League exist?

blond ppl cant play basketball.

They're an exception to the rule.

How hard is it to average 15 ppg anyway? All you have to do is put the ball through the hoop.

Shit sport.

I like roller hockey though (since we have no ice)

MPG, I meant minutes per game.

Ah shit, misread it.
This

Your basketball teams and national team are as relevant as Moldova is in football

now go rape a german girl abdul

You have to remember 15 MPG in Europe and 15 MPG in Nba are very different things. A champion team in Nba have to play at least 98 games in a season whereas European teams only play 70 games at most + the quarter lengths.

Keks mirotic, he could have almost caused a political crisis with that move.

how does it feel to not be able to speak your own language?

fucking working class scum, go deep-fry your underwear and see if you can taste the skidmarks.

to be fair the euroleague is a very corrupt organisation.

FIBA and the EU tried to ban any country that actively participates in the euroleague from the Eurobasket.

is this why you left your shithole of a country to go to britbongistan? Do they let you fuck goats there?

He cost them a lot of games too, by wanting to be the hero at any price. But for some reasons, people tend to only remember the times he scored a decisive one, and forget his many fuck ups (like last season or this season).

Greece also never did anything noteworthy with him as their leader, after Diamantidis and Papaloukas left, despite having seriously strong teams.

Euroleague is corrupt coz Fiba wasnt interested in making a European Competition similar to the Champions League but for Basketball?

And now that they see it makes money theywant to make a European Competition ?

It is indeed Corrupt however, not for what you mentioned but for the fact that Turkish Airlines allows too many tourkish teams to compete, while Greek teams who have 5 titles recently , they only allow 2.

Imagine being Dimitris Diamantidis in that Finals series and having to be all like "damn, Spanoulis, you fuckin' fine, all clutch with your tight 3point shots and horrific bald head. I would totally admit you're on the same level as me, both as a player and as a person." when all he really wants to do is rest as a champion in his bathroom. Like seriously imagine having to be Diamantidis and not only play in that match while Vasilis Spanoulis flaunts his disgusting travelling in front of you, the favorable referees barely concealing his shameless cheating and luck, and just sit there, quarter after quarter, overtime after overtime, while he perfected that game winning shot. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking flopping but his haughty attitude as everyone on the bench tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, VASILIS SPANOULIS PLAYS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his vlach fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been having nothing but a healthy diet of Doubles and Triple Crowns and later alleged referee victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Piraeus. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his dimpled armpits as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "refuse-to-lose (for that is what he calls himself)" attitude, the attitude he worked so hard for with sub-par opponents in the previous seasons. And then the coach calls for another time-out, and you know you could kill every single person in this court before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Dimitris Diamantidis. You're not going to lose your future retirement over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

is this some sort of copypasta?

At least the NBA looks better - clean ball, jerseys, stadiums
Euroleague has ads all over the floor and the jerseys. Also, the ball looks disgusting

You're joking, right? Lots of fans in Greece have been slurring and shitting on Spanoulis for a long time now, if anything, I'd say they are forgetting the unbelievable things he has done. And the unbelievable things he has done from 2011-2012 onwards far outnumber his shortcomings. Hell, he just won the entirety of the Greek championship tonight by himself, and the shots he took are beyond clutch. He deserves the recognition and THEN some.

Greece suffered because Spanoulis gives nearly everything to his team and is understandably tired during the summer. He can't pull the weight alone. It's different having Diamantidis and Papaloukas, and different to have just 1 superstar.

>not knowing the most epic pasta of Sup Forums in years
youtube.com/watch?v=TcOWMohYTVo

I do, real basketball is at 2 am though, and I rather earn money than watch sports at midnight.

Dude relax he wasn't even that fired up. Big maturity of both the players and fans of Pana, this could end up very ugly considering the calls refs made.

We do like it, it's the second most practiced youth sport in the country. However foreign competition, lower salaries (compared to football) and height requirements means it's much less popular as a career choice. You can't live off of it unless you play at worst tier 2 basketball, unlike football which is profitable all the way down to tier 4.

Also it's also seen as somewhat of a sissy sport too. It's what kids who don't want to play in the mud and rain do.

What a limp dick faggot

Its really a shame that every shit player can make millions playing football in a semi-decent team.
Just because plebs like to watch millionaires dive and roll on the grass like babies, and then try the same crosses and passes for 70 minutes till one finally makes it through to score.

That you've got 2 dads doesn't instantly make everyone else a faggot.

this series was the GOAT ever.

Greek basketball will never be the same again

Who can replace based 3D now q_q
We need a top class guard for next season but I can't think of anything achievable.
Heurtel maybe?

Now now, don't get salty. You might not like football, but most other people do. Disagreeing with you doesn't make us plebs.
Basketball just had the disadvantage of coming to Europe with a large delay. Football managed to becomevery firmly entrenched in the continent, and that left little market for other sports. Still, it's growing and it will continue to grow if they continue to be financially competent and don't disregard youth development (which they kinda are here, I don't fucking wanna see NCAA rejects becoming starters in my hometown team).

I dont know meight, I'm an Olympiacos fan.

will your owners pay big to bring a decent player?

I dont think so

>switching from Diamantidis' defense to Heurtel's defense

your eyes will hurt

a lot

It just sucks that top tier European players are leaving just to have a minimal role in the NBA and get some money.
I doubt we're seeing any Jasikevicius, Navarro, Diamantidis, Spanoulis etc.
Younger players at their level or even better such as Bellinelly, Dragic, Gallinari etc are playing in the NBA only because the money there compares to the UEFA CL while Euroleague is the poor Greek footbal league in comparison.

We have Calathes for a PG with good defence and passing/organizing the game.
Now imo we need a great scorer and a good defender Center and PF.

Heurtel I won't really recommend although he is a really good passer, he goes solo too much and really fucks up offence, + no defence whatsoever. I think he really made a dump move by coming to Efes. Have watched him all seasons long.

I want to like basketball, I just wish it was harder to score

College hoop is more interesting for that reason.

>Gist&Raduljica
U mad?

Whad do you mean? If we should keep them or not?
For Gist im 100% sure he will stay, and agree with that.
For Radu I'm not sure. He wasn't used at all in this series but I think he could've helped.
But he's getting payed too much for what he can offer to the team so it should be the next coach's decision on what to do with him

Euro basket might just be your thing then
i was watching a national playoff semifinal (Venezia-Milano) and in the 3rd quarter it took both teams more than 3 minutes to score

the real issue is that the d-league salaries for NBA hopefuls are rising dramatically. borderline NBA players often chose europe for financial reasons. that won't be the case anymore.

I'll give it a go. Have a missed the season or is it currently on?

It's starting again in October.
But there will be games between the Nat Teams in the Olympics.

Euroleague top 10 of the season

Ah cool, you guys might have converted me. So why is scoring different in NBA and European? Better shot accuracy in NBA, better defending in Europe?

How much will it be? Right now it's like 25 000$ a year at max. But even with such a low salary, the number of players going from d-league to Europe is not THAT high. A lot of them are still deluded enough to think they'll be the next Hassan Whiteside, while he's pretty much the only exception in the d-league history.

I think a much bigger problem is the insane number a European potentials who go fast to NBA. The leagues are completely depleted of all their best talents and potentials, and they fill the rosters with US players.
Just look at Galatasaray or Vitoria rosters.

A bit of both, but the former mostly.
In the NBA literally everyone can dunk like it's nothing. They are also faster and better shooters.
But Euroleague has more thriller matches with close score like the Greek finals this year.
You can watch this years Fenerbahce vs CSKA in youtube too.
It was an amazing match.

fuck, forgot the link:

youtube.com/watch?v=EcHm5_FVu6I

Zone defense was illegal for most of the time in the NBA.

Also many EU teams play with reactive strategies, while the Americans prefer more straightforward plays. (think South American vs European football, only the South Americans are more athletic players and put amazing numbers)

Defensive 3 seconds rule means NBA help defense is a fucking joke in comparison, and shorter 3pt line (now changing) means less space to drive, so the game is much more shooting oriented. Also the NBA has more talent which reflects on offense more than defense.

>I think a much bigger problem is the insane number a European potentials who go fast to NBA. The leagues are completely depleted of all their best talents and potentials, and they fill the rosters with US players.
>Just look at Galatasaray or Vitoria rosters.
that's as accurate as it is sad. the level of NBA reject chucking in some european leagues is appalling.

don't really have any numbers, but i remember reading plans that the three salary tiers will see a significant rise. plus, the league will expand from 19 to 30 teams in a couple of years most likely, so that's 11x15ish roster spots more.

honestly it's pretty depressing thinking about the consequences for european basketball.

>You can watch this years Fenerbahce vs CSKA in youtube too.
I'd recommend this to as well. It's a recent match and an excellent starting point that advertises what European basketball is about. It might not have the absolute superstars that score 30 points in every game, but it has the most suspense, great team rivalries, and some of the most passion-driven matches you can find out there.

15K Olympiacos fans wait for the team bus to arrive in Piraeus.

hope it crashes on them

The US college system produces so many players every years, I'm don't really worry about that. European clubs will still be able to find decent players. They'll probably need better scouting though, or they'll hire more guys coming from "entry leagues" like France, Germany or Italy after they've been weeded out (a significant number of US players started in France, like Delaney, Adams and Dixon, just from the last F4).
The Turkish and Russian leagues give like 500k$ per year for their random US players, half of the Spanish teams give at least 350 to 400k$. I don't know how much the d-league will give, but I don't think they'll match this.

As I said, I'm more worried about the number of European players going fast to the USA. Just for the next draft, guys like Bender, Sabonis, Peoltl, Korkmaz, Luwawu, Zizic... will probably be 1st round pick while we never really saw them playing yet.
Just look at all those who were picked in the last 2 years and that will never really play here at their best... Hezonja, Porzingis, Osman, Milutinov, Hermangomez, Saric, Nurkic, Bogdanoic, Jokic, Antetokounmpo...

12 mins vs 10 min per quarter

Spanoulis is so fucking based

Isn't euro basketball going through an organisational clusterfuck at the moment?

>tfw you're favourite sport will never have the level of organisation and international mass appeal as divegrass

why live?

who /PBA/ here? love watching that shit on NBA off-season

> Spain over italy

False

With a seven foot behemoth standing in front of it paid millions to stop you

They score less than half the time

Yeah. ULEB assholes versus FIBA useless, corrupt and incompetent old farts

You literally sound like a copa libertadores faggot from basketball