If you could be an athlete in any sport and time period, what would you pick?

If you could be an athlete in any sport and time period, what would you pick?

I would want to be a 60s-70s formula one driver to be a total badass. I imagine it being kind of like the speedway squad clip from the simpsons

i would pick being a modern athlete in something low impact but fun like golf so i could make millions of dollars while still keeping my body in tact

e-sports in the 2090's :DDD

Lake Placid, Feb. 22 1980, playing for the US.

Modern golf would be my pick as well.

Comfy sport that allows you to travel around the world playing golf while earning millions.

Boxing in the 80's. The absolute GOAT era of boxing. No one in this era could beat the greats from back then. Apart from maybe Mayeeather.

If you've got a deathwish, there are better ways of achieving it

thats an Indy driver tho

really was tbqh

He raced in both, this particular pic is from the Indy 500

I would be a footballer, right now.

1) Playing football is fucking awesome. Camaraderie and bants 24 fucking 7. You stay strong and fit. What could be better
2) Footballers get paid more than ever
3) Even playing in League 2 (fourth tier) you earn like ~£20k starting and can earn maybe up to £50k - £70k if you're good and experienced (I'm guessing based on figures I read recently, but I think that's roughly about right). That's enough to live on, and I'd rather have an enjoyable life playing football than be stuck in an F1 car even if that earned more money.

Definitely something in modern motorsport.
Maybe WRC or WEC.

Tie between Group C driver in the late 80s/early 90s or a pilot in some futuristic WipEout shit in 2048

But is there a cooler way of achieving it? I don't think so

Football in the 19th century. Half time pint and smoke anyone?

Late 80's and 90's f1

Group B driver in the 80s

congrats, you're now dead

>while still keeping my body in tact
tell that to tigger

i would like to be a williams driver in 1994 at the san marino grand prix

DELETE THIS

Pro snooker player.

Well, shit.

chariot pilot back in the roman days... the best were treated like gods and it is estimated that the best chariot driver ever earned more money than any athlete ever

indy pls

Of course a beta loser like you would want to be Damon Hill.

This, football is fucking fun and the banter with rivals and your teammates is the GOAT sporting experience.

My pick would be being Tiger Woods' caddy during his GOAT years - absolutely no body degradation - all it involves is walking with 10kg or so of gear for 4hrs a day.

At one point his caddy was NZ's highest paid "athlete."