This thread is only for those who have lived in more than one country. Share your experiences

This thread is only for those who have lived in more than one country. Share your experiences.

Son of Diplomats here. Lived in Canada, Switzerland, France, and Austria. Speak four languages, and visited 5 continents.
Turned into an entitled, neurotic piece of shit who hates his own culture and skin colour.
Living abroad is overrated.

Lived in northern cyprus for 2 years.It was pretty good.

That sounds cool. Would you go again?

Absolutely.I've visited there again for a holiday after we move back.But if I will have the opportunity to move there again,I will.

It was shit..
Mexicans and Punjabs everywhere. I was beat up cuz im white.
Commifornia never again.

Is it like mainland turkey? I wish I could visit as well. I hope you get to visit again sometime!

Cities looks like a well parts of mainland.People speaks Turkish but the culture is little different(more westernised).

From Oman.
Lived in Austria, France, Oman, USA and Canada.

Don't remember much of Austria, except for imperial tort and that one Nazi friend my dad had.

Paris was based.

Oman was shit.

Murrica 8/10.

Only a few months in Canada but poutine is overrated as fuck.

Grew up in Britain and moved to the states. Actually quite like it. I'm somewhat of an Ameriboo now.

>living in california

You knew what would happen

I've lived in Belgrade for a while to visit family. Surprisingly I could survive with only english and basic serbian. Serbs are friendly as hell.

Are you some kind of rich oil sheikh?

father was a diplomat

I lived in san antonio for a week, it was bretty good

Doesn't count, laddo.

bump

What did Serbs think of Argentinians? They don't like us burgers because of NATO bombings in 90s.

Bolivian living in California.
There's a lot of mexicans, a lot of liberals and blacks.

I guess it's b-b-better than my country. At least there's internet and I don't lose electricity every 2 days. I've became extremely depressed though. I guess I can't complain, improvement is an improvement.

lived in poland and germany and I can summarize this time under "kill whitey"

who the fuck moves from africa to europe or america? This is madness, like, what the frick??????????????????????????????

I picked up my passport today, i'll move to the US but i think about moving to some eastern european country after i finish college

Leave CA. It is by far the worst state of all.

To be honest, they aren't all that different.

How so? I found living abroad very different.

Lived in rural Canada, urban Canada, and urban America for a short while.

Comparing Canadian cities and American cities is weird. The worst neighbourhood in Toronto is no big deal at 2AM. The neighbourhoods people call "safe" here, where rich people live even, you get robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight at 5 in the afternoon.

I remember living in Toronto I was nervous about having a balcony with street access and a flimsy window because it'd make break-ins a piece of cake, if anyone ever really wanted to get into my place. Nothing happened in fifteen years. Here in the US, there were five break-ins in the last month, with black guys literally boosting each other into second-story windows, breaking/jimmying it to get in, during the day, and then holding the person at gunpoint while they take all his credit cards and some of the robbers go around town using them for several hours.

Like what the fuck. There are gunpoint robberies every fucking morning on my block. This is a rich neighbourhood with cops out the ass. The blacks just do not care.

Blacks engender all the worst aspects of humanity.

France, Czechia and US

Spent years living in the UK. It was honestly pretty awful.

Why?

It was essentially just like the northeastern US, but worse in almost every possible way

Kindof exactly what my asian friends say. I live just outside Boston btw. They say it's exactly like Britain but a little bit better because everything is bigger and cheaper. Standard of living is just higher.

Born in worst Korea
Living in Florida
Also have a sister living in the UK

Florida is the cheapest and gives me decent money.

Worst Korea is like it is good to live there but you are better off as a foreigner (locals pay 33% of their income as tax when their income exceeds USD 90k a year while foreigners get flat tax rate of 20 something %).
I would not go back there until I retire. It is good to spend money there but it is a soulless place when it comes to workplace
The UK, I only went London, basically NYC but with shittier food

South Carolina guy?

Yep. The weather and landscape are pretty similar, but the standard of living is much lower in the UK. Shittier housing, lower wages, higher cost of living, less space, worse laws, etc. Not exactly my favorite place I've ever lived.

Yes.

Born and raised in Ireland in Aus atm

hate it here want to go home but havent the funds atm to be set up

Why hate aus?

Originally from Pittsburgh, been living here for 7 years

Lived in 3 without moving away from my hometown.
Shit experience desu

but that's an occupation zone, not a real country

NATO'd

I'm guessing you guys didn't really try, I mean, come on, civilian casualties were lighter than any other conflict involving modern mass airpower.
Git gud, burgers

Born in Texas

Lived in Germany for a year studying abroad. Estonia working IT and getting a masters degree for 3 years. Russia for 4 months teaching English. Been all over Europe.

What? Where did you go?
I live in a pretty rich area wich is pretty green, quiet and well located. Have driven through more depressing terraced housing and new build housing areas which may give a visitor the wrong impression of the whole country, often gets worse as you get nearer/in london but then imporves in central london.
Visit harrogate in Yorkshire if you want a more stereotypical experience, the howardian hills are very pretty-used to live there. The howards themseles are weirdos.

lived in Japan and New Zealand
found out Japan is too unique place.
Landscape and nature are way better in NZ
I miss sheep :/