Is it a good thing the euros went to 24 team instead of 16?

Is it a good thing the euros went to 24 team instead of 16?

it's complete bullshit

no its awful

No. Even 16 was a mistake.

It's more football. I like football.

I mean thats the only thing I can see good about it. I like soccer a lot more than baseball

>i get 10am games

At least this way we could barely qualify :^)

Lmao

Imagine if the NFL expanded to 48 franchises over the course of a few years, adding yet another playoff round as well (best 32 seeds).

>now we get to watch Albania vs Romania
No

Ofc it is. The more teams = more glory and special when winning it all.

Germany/Spain/France will win it every year anyway, but there are more games prior to them winning it = more fun.

did they not both finish 2nd in their groups?

All this tournament expansion and the Netherlands STILL can't make it

Silly halfway house.
Three teams qualifying from the group stage (minus the worst two 3rd place teams) is retarded. Should have kept it at 16 or moved it to 32.

Hell yeah I love watching non friendly international games. The more the better imo

Expect a very very slow start in the first couple of weeks.
>Knowing 3rd teams goes through:
No tension
>More teams of litle talent in the tournament:
More Mourinhoball

Another consequence is that smaller countries with a good 11 but not much depth won't ever win this again. Lots of matches means depth will be needed.

All this tournament expansion and three former european champions didn't make it.

Means when England get 2 draws and a loss they might get into the next stage before going out on penalties so I'm fine with it

That would be based, maybe my state could get a team.

The point was that with 16 teams, the euros were about as hard to qualify for as the world cup hence they upped the number to make it easier

true story bro

i hope you qualify for the nyolcaddöntő

>tfw Scotland still couldnt qualify
Oh well, least I can support the Germans quilt free.
#TurkeyStronk

I bet this was a EU directive, part of le european reconciliation project. Familiarize more countries with each other. Football as a substitute for war and all.

In fact, we could get through to the knockouts with >1 point

capped for when Romania makes it out of groups and Englel doesnt

>adding yet another playoff round as well (best 32 seeds)
the current format is 12 though, so plus 50% would only be 18, not 32

I wonder if there will ever be a time where you won't need qualification matches as the Euro cup now includes all and every european nations

No. It means more shit teams and more shit matches

the world cup still involves every team too though, right? I mean, if you don't decide who makes it in by having them play each other, then how would you do it? UEFA computer rankings? ha

if they make the fifa world cup qualifiers 4-year long leagues.
I think it's a terrible idea but it has been brought up.