In the UK most houses are attached to other people's houses, is this common in your country?

In the UK most houses are attached to other people's houses, is this common in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclearmanagementpartners.com/2014/11/bbc-cockcrofts-follies-avoided-nuclear-disaster/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unless you have good sound insulation that doesn't look nice.

But tjere is a small alley in you pic. They're not attached.

Most houses aren't row houses they're two houses attached

Also we put the master bedroom in the loft

Yes, it would be a waste of space otherwise.

In Russia apartments attached to other people's apartments and merged into blocks known as commieblocks.

>Cities and old village cores
Generally yes
>Burbs and "newer" construction in villages (~post-war)
Mostly not

canadians use this style too in their american suburbs

>tfw detatched master race

it's worth the extra buckaroos

They're called semi-detached.

These houses look nice

only in the older cities like montreal and toronto, usually only the commercial area could afford stone, so it's not houses but stores and offices

we build houses out of wood, wood buildings have to be spaced out or they're a fire risk

we have duplexes, but they aren't very common

In Germany half the people live in flats.

Row houses are relatively uncommon. Sometimes you'll find equally uncommon semi-detached houses, but mostly it's either flats or fully detached houses.

No. Unless you live in an appartment

In the UK there is a real negative stigma against flats, people would rather live in a small row house than a flat because they associate flats with chavs. I wish we would just make nice flats so we could solve our housing problems desu

We didn't have much of a choice, losing two world wars left us with few resources and a high demand for housing.

seems like house upkeep costs a lot more in europe

we have a surplus of everything, so heating gas, electricity and water are almost free

higher population density means all of those are a lot more expensive in europe

architects from there come here and are suprised they can build a house so cheap because there's not much building code

I'm not talking shit I have visited Germany and the quality if flats is really good and wish we would copy it. England specifically is extremely densely populated so we have to choose either encroaching on our countryside or building up. I think our countryside is beautiful and we should do all can to preserve so build some decent family friendly flats.

>we have a surplus of everything, so heating gas, electricity and water are almost free

Isn't that more to do with the fact you're extremely natural resource rich?

>there's not much building code
From time to time I hear canucks from BC Vancouver greater area complaining about all the restrictions

Here not really; it's either apartment buildings in the cities or detached houses in the suburbs. Duplexes aren't unheard of, but they're uncommon. picrelated

We build with higher quality materials to begin with and with a longer lifespan in mind, so in that point alone upkeep will already be higher.

Also there are tight restrictions on energy efficiency and fire safety in new constructions which drives up construction costs. Americans don't care because "lol just dig up more oil you faggot".

Also the corporates have fully exploited our government's naive green energy reform, our electricity is retarded expensive for no reason.

???

Never heard this before. Maybe if you live in some shithole, but in the city everyone lives in flats

that's what you get for shutting down your reactors. Even our government isn't dumb enough to do that
>tsunami's lmao

I fully agree, but hey, feels trump rationale.

surplus of everything=natural resource rich

only real complaint is they can't turn a 2 floor house into a 6 floor condo worth 10 million

in the cities that have stronger codes, a big problem is you have to import the materials like glass in from europe

Yes, it's common here.

glad to see that at least some Germans don't buy into the propaganda
i've seen too many on Sup Forums defending your retarded energy policies with a passion

Most people live in single detached homes. Apartments and flats that aren't in the city are usually for lower class folks

Pic related

Fear of nuclear power isn't exactly irrational. There have been some pretty bad accidents with reactors in the past and we can't say for certain that accidents won't happen again. The argument is that this risk of accidents outweighs the benefits of nuclear power.

yes, it's common, I live in one of those, 4 floors.
We call them Geminadas

I agree. I'd love to end our reliance on muzzie fossils and coal but my country doesn't have a great record when it comes to safety, accident prevention, and accident cleanups.

My state is also on the Ring of Fire which increases the risk.

Normal to this point or just strangers living together

there is always a "risk" of something, but replacing nuclear reactors with coal plants is complete and utterly retarded if "potentialy saved lives" is your argument.
Also, using Japan, a region highly prone to earthquakes and tsunamis as an example for European reactors just boggles my mind.
And lasty, even if you get rid of nuclear power, do it in a proper way and not by building windmills and solar panels all over the place

>what is a base load
>what is varying demand
>how did electricty become so expensive suddenly
>let's import nuclear power from France problems solved xDDDD

My country has a pretty safe history with nuclear, so I'm kind of for it. We did get really lucky one time though:
nuclearmanagementpartners.com/2014/11/bbc-cockcrofts-follies-avoided-nuclear-disaster/

Yes, very common.

Looks like a Spanish village desu

depends on the city